House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
symo

Declan 0650 - 10jul07

BBC Breakfast

"What does that matter when house builders are cutting jobs and the value of peoples homes are falling"

He was referring to inflation and the bank of england decision today. His willingness to show his lack of understanding of the economy is unbelievable.

BBC Breakfast

"What does that matter when house builders are cutting jobs and the value of peoples homes are falling"

He was referring to inflation and the bank of england decision today. His willingness to show his lack of understanding of the economy is unbelievable.

Also the trailer at 7am:

"Building job losses, falling house prices,just how bad does the economic outlook have to be, before the Bank of England will cut interest rates?"

Not a mention about inflation.

The man is either a complete idiot (an I don't think that he is), or is has extreme vested interests.

It really is Play School today, holding up weather symbols to signify the economy.

Through the round window.....Declan is a TW@T.

Edit:finger trouble.

Edited by the anti krust

Just read out the Barrat report. Oh dear, gloomy with worse to come.

:lol:

Go Declan, and take the prime ministers advice to stop wasting food by feeding yourself.

Declan is one of the nails in the coffins of the BBC's alleged impartiality and accuracy.

I find it astonishing that people still take it seriously as a news source. Compare the Six O'Clock "News" now with 10 years ago and you can see how far its star has already fallen.

Guest absolutezero

He's on now and just metnioned it is the BoE rate decision today.

He's on about his precious "mortgage rates" and "we'll find out if we're going to pay less for our mortgages".

What about me finding out whether I'll get more interest on my savings?

The de-coupling of base rate and mortgage rates has obviously passed him by...

BBC Breakfast

Its obviously more a case of him asking what the average sheeple would ask in their ignorance. But he's still a tw@t.

What I found truely staggering was at about 6:30 he also mentioned the RICS report stating that the average workers could not afford the average house by a very wide margin. This only a few moments after doing his whining about the BOE not cutting rates inspite of falling house prices ! Join the dots Declan you fat buffoon.

On Bloomberg, denial is still rife.

They are talking right now about the S&P 500, which "technically" apparently is ia a bear market, ie sustained losses over whatver period they choose.

So the interviewer asks the guest," OK, we are technically in a bear market, but are we REALLY in a bear market as far as fundamentals are concerned?"

GOd knows they have a huge period of losses to define bear, then when it happens they STILL dont beleive it.

Same with our housing market.

DENIAL is the order of the day.

This bubble crash has plenty of time to run.

This is AWFUL.

SomeBODY SomeWHERE should DO SomeTHING

Don't just sit there, get off your ars*s & act now.

We need people who can spell 'believe'. :ph34r:

I'm only teasing BL, honest I am sir ....

EDIT:- it's ok to miss out a complete word though.....like wot i just did

Edited by Laura

What about Hugh Pym - what a tw&t - Flanders is still pretty much OK though IMHO.

They frame the IR debate so that we're lead to believe that the only options are a cut or a hold. Total nonsense.

Then there's that Geordie boy on Newsnight whose always raising the issues that perhaps its time to change the inflation target - over and over and over again. Actually, whenever the economy is mentioned, he takes the opportunity to squeeze this in.

On denial, I think most people are beyond denial these days apart from the odd demented EA - I have a colleague who was putting her house on the market last week - EA came in and way over-priced it. When asked how she [the EA] arrived at the price, she said she'd just checked sold prices in the area over the last couple of years and gone for an average. Durrrrrrr.

Edited by gruffydd

On Bloomberg, denial is still rife.

They are talking right now about the S&P 500, which "technically" apparently is ia a bear market, ie sustained losses over whatver period they choose.

So the interviewer asks the guest," OK, we are technically in a bear market, but are we REALLY in a bear market as far as fundamentals are concerned?"

GOd knows they have a huge period of losses to define bear, then when it happens they STILL dont beleive it.

Agree 100%. Some of the stuff I've seen on Bloomberg the last couple of days has been laughable. The figures are shown on the screen, and the ticker is running below showing red all over the place. Despite this, the analysts and pundits speculate about how long this "downturn" will last. (Rarely use the "R" word). Most come up with a year or two. One said 6 months if the BoE decides to slash rates by half in the near future !! (No mention about rampant inflation in that scenario).

And this is from a "finance channel". What Joe Public is getting from the BBC, SKY et al amounts to mis-information on a national scale.

I reckon they'll still be asking when the "slump" will be over in a couple of years time and await the first commentator to mention "green shoots" around May 2009 ;)

There is always complaints about presenters for instance supporting Boris Johnson before an election.

In my opinion such open support for IR falls is just as dangerous. I mean it is so obviously one sided as Declan never campaigned to stop Zimbabwe style inflation in the housing market.

Do you think Declan is one of those people that says "We are already getting hit hard by price rises in food, heating etc, and now they are raising interest as well!."