House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spoony

There Are Still Plenty Of People Out There Who Just Don't Get It

Look at this post:" Don't stampede into gloom with the herd. The media is fueling the doom and gloom but there nothing safer than houses. The minor hold on house prices is nothing in comparison to the early 90's and we now look back and realize that the 90's drop was a temporary dip. The people who lost in the 90's were those who sold or had to sell. The winners were those who bought. This year may well bring zero growth and maybe even a small drop but not enough houses are being built and we don't have 14% interest so prices will rise as sure as eggs are eggs.

Doom and gloom plays into the hands of the buyer so buy, buy , buy and put in low offers. You'll be amazed at what you can get. I'm a property investor and I'm buying all I can. It's a wonderful time to buy so long as you can cope with the cash flow. My view is that parents should help children now more than ever and don't hang around. We only have until spring next year before the buyers market evaporates."

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth....html?t=1021539

Thats just one of the pro house views. The topic is, should you lend your children money to get on the property ladder?!

My local millionaire landlord thinks house prices can only go up.

He's been buying for over 4 years - so god knows how many he has.

I'm a property investor and I'm buying all I can.[/url]

The landlord at my local says the beer he's got on special is really nice.

My local millionaire landlord thinks house prices can only go up.

He's been buying for over 4 years - so god knows how many he has.

Well, I'm a millionaire landlord and we stopped buying places a few years ago, because I thought prices were getting silly, and last summer started selling some of ours.

I don't know what planet this chap you mention is living on!

What area is this in?

Now this rings a bell... This is EXACTLY the situation I find myself in right now (except I'm male).

I'm 25 and just started my first job after (postgraduate) university, and was looking to buy a flat nearby in Salford/Manchester. After speaking to banks regarding mortgages, I realised that I need a substantial deposit. I've modest savings and the remains of an unspent student loan, so approached the parents for some cash to boost my deposit.

With the way the housing market is at the moment, I was able to contact the seller and shave £17,500 off the value of £115k (a full 15% discount!). Therefore, the (BoE +0.5% tracker) mortgage repayment is now over £50 per month cheaper than rental of an identical flat in the same estate - thanks to my parents' contribution. I fully intend to repay my parents loan - which was made following the agreement of a promissory note.

Given the level of discount desperate sellers are offering in these 'times of woe' (?!?), assuming the property is for habitation rather than investment, and the purchase is made with moderate to long term viability, now is the ideal time to buy. It should cost any more than rent would, especially given that rents are rising as fewer people buy houses. Sure, the market's fragile, but it won't be too long before rents rise up, banks regain confidence and lend more, and values rise again. All the while the population keep getting pay-rises, inflation is positive and over the long term prices and values will rise.

dear oh dear oh dear oh dear.

oh dear.

I think this idiot is probably Gordon Brown trying a last ditch attempt.

No way, it's Stuart Law. He probably has several MSE accounts in a lame attempt to talk the market back up.

Excellent. These people will just fuel the fire through repossessions and forced sales and crush the market further.

Pile in MSEr's!

*hugs* or whatever the hell it is they do.

To be fair if you buy now and then compared the house price between now and say 2108 I'm sure you will have made money barring WW3 or something cropping up.

However to buy now you should be either very very rich or certified insane.