House Price Crash Forum

Which House In S-wales Has Been For Sale The Longest?

foolonastrom

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
3 years - halfway between Blackpill and the Mumbles. Been on with a variety of EAs and at various times has had 2 different EA signs in the garden.

Why would they think that moving to a different EA will make any different? If I were selling a property now the first thing I would do would be check out the EA's presence on Rightmove, Oodle and Primlocation etc. If they do not have a proper presence in the Net, forget it.

Why don't they just reduce the price properly. Having watched the situation for a while I'm now convinced that some EA's are manipulating Propertybee and propertysnake. They jack the price up and then reduce it to make the property appear to be a bargain.

HOLA444
Why would they think that moving to a different EA will make any different? If I were selling a property now the first thing I would do would be check out the EA's presence on Rightmove, Oodle and Primlocation etc. If they do not have a proper presence in the Net, forget it.

Why don't they just reduce the price properly. Having watched the situation for a while I'm now convinced that some EA's are manipulating Propertybee and propertysnake. They jack the price up and then reduce it to make the property appear to be a bargain.

I am told the male owner is a stubborn old bugger who is looking to downgrade. His house is on for 400 and an EA told me that it needs lots of work and even at 250K would still be too much.

I doubt the owner has heard of the Internet from what the EAs have told me. Interestingly, 10 months ago EAs were telling me how wonderful the property is and how it is getting loads of viewers - didn't believe them then - so it is interesting how their attitude to this one house has changed in just under a year.

Give it 6 months of recession though, higher IRs and loads of Swansea West types up to their eyeballs in debt and owning partially finished marina boxes... and then we will see some serious price reductions...

HOLA445

I know of a property on the Manselton/Gendros border that's been on the market at least since I have lived here (3 years).

Apparently the owner has lost the deeds and a sale fell through a few years ago, but it is still on the market.

If what I have been told is correct, then they must be gutted. The price will have fallen quite a bit now and will continue to fall.

A lot of money lost because of a silly mistake.

• 1 month later...
HOLA446
I know of a property on the Manselton/Gendros border that's been on the market at least since I have lived here (3 years).

Apparently the owner has lost the deeds and a sale fell through a few years ago, but it is still on the market.

If what I have been told is correct, then they must be gutted. The price will have fallen quite a bit now and will continue to fall.

A lot of money lost because of a silly mistake.

So what can you do if you've lost the deeds?

Is there anyway of getting copies?

HOLA447
So what can you do if you've lost the deeds?

Is there anyway of getting copies?

Yes. You can pay a solicitor or you can go through the Land Registry, fill in some forms, hand over cash. It is not that much of a problem and is only really an issue when someone dies, leaves no Will and there are fighting siblings trying to claim ownership. Such cases usually end up in court in front of experience judges who have seen and heard it all before - anyhow, the value of the house is then usually lost in barrister/solicitor fees.