House Price Crash Forum

Dow Under 200 Day Ma

Pudniw

Guest Riser

View: Dow Chart on Yahoo

Dow down over 100pts following yesterdays 100pt drop - NOT LOOKING GOOD !!!

From ADVFN:

I see worse to come. If you follow Dow Theory, both the DJIA and the Dow Transports have broken key support. Given the current general circumstances in US and some hints of softer coal and steel prices in Asia, USD etc etc we have a very volatile mix. Stephen Roach (morgan Stanley) probably called this correctly on 18 March.

I am now 100% cash and suspect this could be the start of a global change that WILL impact confidence and House Prices in the UK, Bubbles can be burst from either the inside or the outside.

Edited by Riser

Guest Riser

Good night out, return to see DOW down 200pts, hate to say I told ya this is the start of a Key change in western economics, as Shwartzeniger said:

Its pay back time !!

Watch the FTSE collapse on Monday

Spin on that Blair.

Guest Riser

Confidence comes before a fall whether its me on my face or the FTSE remains to be seen.

Last weeks falls on the DOW could be in part due to the end of the tax year in the States but I suspect it runs deeper than that. The FTSE is likely to gap down in the morning then wait for direction from the DOW when it opens after lunch GMT. 100pt falls on the DOW used to make the main news, but as you say not much mention anywhere, no doubt Prestcots bogus housing figures will make it prime time.

Confidence comes before a fall whether its me on my face or the FTSE remains to be seen.

Last weeks falls on the DOW could be in part due to the end of the tax year in the States but I suspect it runs deeper than that. The FTSE is likely to gap down in the morning then wait for direction from the DOW when it opens after lunch GMT. 100pt falls on the DOW used to make the main news, but as you say not much mention anywhere, no doubt Prestcots bogus housing figures will make it prime time.

The sell-off may have been due to many things, but I don't see it being materially affected by tax issues, as the tax year in the US runs 1 Jan to 31 Dec. last friday was the FILING deadline for the previous year, not the end of tax year.

Maybe one of our American friends could comment (Dr Bubb?)