House Price Crash Forum

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1392920.ece

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...at-and1631.html

I must say this is rather unfortunate for the owners and I guess there is no point selling, but I don't see that the tax payer should necessarily have to fund sea defences either, erosion has always been with us and 10,000 years ago the UK was joined to France. A similar fate might befall London by 23rd century. Fancy buying canary wharf for £1?

<a href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1392920.ece" target="_blank">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1392920.ece</a>

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...at-and1631.html

I must say this is rather unfortunate for the owners and I guess there is no point selling, but I don't see that the tax payer should necessarily have to fund sea defences either, erosion has always been with us and 10,000 years ago the UK was joined to France. A similar fate might befall London by 23rd century. Fancy buying canary wharf for £1?

They paid 20k for the place 20 years ago.

If I'd only paid that 20k In rent over the past 20 years I'd be feeling well happy with it, myself.

I'd be fairly happy about paying that over 5 years, in fact. Over 20 I'd be positively ecstatic .

My heart is not exactly bleeding for the poor souls "denied" their 50k MEW, shall I say.

Guest Bart of Darkness
Fancy buying canary wharf for £1?

Only the top 2 floors. ;)

torchwood_control.jpg

Well, the UK isnt a big country and I could think of more than one worse things they could do with my tax than stop big chunks of the UK falling into the sea.

Somehow I cant help but think that if England wasnt being governed by the Scottish Raj, something might have been done.......

The tax payer will fund sea defences when it come to London :o

Of course & so the tax payer should as London is the world's financial centre, OK?

Look, you can't go around creating digits on a screen just anywhere, it has to be done somewhere speci.......

:blink:

This story perfectly illustrates how delusional people have become. How on earth could you "assume the house was worth £80k" when eight years after you moved in the street behind you fell into the sea and you got a sea view you didn't have that's been coming closer ever since?

This story perfectly illustrates how delusional people have become. How on earth could you "assume the house was worth £80k" when eight years after you moved in the street behind you fell into the sea and you got a sea view you didn't have that's been coming closer ever since?

soon they'll have 1 mins walk to beach.

In fairness I think it's worth slightly more than £1 too, but only to a gambler.

The odds are that if you were to buy it it won't fall into the sea for a couple of years, that it wouldn't happen so dramatically that it would happen in the middle of the night with you inside, and that you would probably get enough warning to get your stuff out.

So if you want to take a chance that you'll get to live there for a few years without dying or losing everything, and if you want to live in what is by any admission a truly amazing part of the world, then this would be the property for you. Got to be someone willing to pay a few thousand for it on that basis... cash only.

The more I think about this, it must be a PR stunt to try and get publicity for their compensations demands, and a good one. Nobody could watch their neighbours houses slip into the sea one after another,know that their house was entirely uninsurable, know that their village features in every kids geography book, and still be that stupid that they could think it was still worth £80k.