House Price Crash Forum
Ash4781

Newsnight 10.30pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/fromt..._july_2008.html

Economic woes

Another day, another barrage of data suggesting the economy is in big trouble. How bad is it really, how bad will it get, and what can be done to lift UK plc out of the doldrums? Oh, and what happened to Gordon Brown's economic plan? Our Economics Editor Paul Mason is on the case.

Edited by Ash4781

what she says doesnt matter. shes going to be a nobody anyway in two more years.

shes probably trying desperately to shift her own btl portfolio before it all goes to shit.

on top of this. the weather-summer has turned out to be *****.

Does Yvette Cooper know anything about economics? Or did Eddie Balls do her homework when they were both junior ministers?

What is clear is that this administration hasn't got a clue how we got here or how best to extract us from the deep doo doo they have put us in.

Both barrels Paxo. Jesus wept!

Monty

lol there's no plan

Every man for himself!

edit: yeah it is pretty weak lol

Sadly, sadly true. We each of us have been given a head start on the rest of the pack. By the end of summer the secret will be out.

There is a golden window of 8 weeks remaining. Prepare yourselves!

Edited by uncle_monty

Guest sillybear2

She had to stop her saying "boom and bust" in reference to the "early 90's" (i.e. "no more tory boom and bust!") towards the end, good old Labour style NLP means that is forbidden.

My TV seems to be on the blink - it appears there's this long piece of string behind Yvette Cooper that gets shorter and shorter; and then when she stops talking this bloke with a funny mouth comes up behind and pulls it out of her **** again and then she repeats her sentences. Weird.

Does Yvette Cooper know anything about economics? Or did Eddie Balls do her homework when they were both junior ministers?

What is clear is that this administration hasn't got a clue how we got here or how best to extract us from the deep doo doo they have put us in.

Monty

Yvette learnt everything she knows about economics from bollock head.

I'm sure the public are going to be totally persuaded that everything is under control and that it is an international problem. :lol:

It is just so fitting that these crooks are in power whilst it implodes around their ears, they have wrecked this country.

She is so annoying.

They are having to modify the mantra slightly - 'relatively' low inflation (dubious figures) and interest rates (unlike the nasty Tories and their 15%), global problems (nothing to do with us)... thanks to Gordon, Saudis to grow some more oil... right decisions... help for first time buyers (arghhh! lower prices!!!).

Inept, out of touch, rudderless. Though this has been coming a long time. The 'Wizard of Oz' has been rumbled.

Monty

That was funny and quite scary.

There is no plan. New Labour are way, way out of their depth. They don't have the foggiest idea how bad they have ******ed

up the economy or how to get us out of it. The New Labour politicians like Cooper will just repeat the stock answers they have been handed by the spin doctors. Gordon Brown is the only one that knows how bad things are and all the others are looking to him for his leadership, but he knows there is nothing he can do. He is powerless.

This is bad. I feel the whole fabric of society as we know it is starting to unravel.

We all know that none of these useless puppets are actually in control, so it's really no wonder that all of their utterances sound so utterly stupid.

I think the likes of Brown et al know that they have been rumbled but they just don't care anymore and will repeat pointless phrases until they are replaced by another set of useless puppets.

Edited by Tony2007

Guest sillybear2
what she says doesnt matter. shes going to be a nobody anyway in two more years.

shes probably trying desperately to shift her own btl portfolio before it all goes to shit.

Remember, they are mere spectators, they don't have a clue as to the causes let alone the solutions, do you think any previous government wished for a recession? They got one regardless, it's like chicken pox!

The Tories were at a loss in the early 90's, and many of them actually had spent time in industry and the City, remember that with Labour you basically have a bunch of half-witted ex-councillors and cosseted trade unionists that have spent their entire lives in the public sector let loose with the toys against the big guns in the murky depths of international finance. Look at Flint and her 6th form 'current affairs' style dossier on the housing market, the (in)actions of Darling speaks for itself, and of course the Big Dick himself over recent days, asking the Saudis to finance nuclear and windfarms like a junky begging his dealer to pay for a stay at the Priory. Now we have his latest mutterings, "don't throw away food!" and tonight Brown has dispatched another gripping insight - "drive an electric car, high car taxes and fuel duty are a good thing!".

They got us into this mess through sheer negligence by allowing and encouraging the banks to run wild, do you think they're capable of getting us out of it? You might as well have a set of clowns actually running the shop, at least they wouldn't instil a sense of false hope in the general public, people would know they're f***d and there's nothing the government can do about it.

Edited by sillybear2

Paxman was trying to get her to say if they would ditch their inflation target....

her answer: something incoherent about the BoE being independent. They have no clue how to get out of this mess..

Blimey she was angry! She came across as being indignant with Paxman. How dare he ask the recession or inflation question. How could he not realise it was a global cause that was having a significant impact on UK builders. Nor that the lack of mortgages is the fault of bad decisions by the banks. Of course the economy will still be growing next year.

I hope for their sake that people are not taken in by this....

I will make a prediction. I can see things getting so bad in this country that all the New Labour cronies

like Yvette Cooper and Ed balls will all have to jump on a plane and leave the country.

They will not be safe in this country. And I am not joking.

I will make a prediction. I can see things getting so bad in this country that all the New Labour cronies

like Yvette Cooper and Ed balls will all have to jump on a plane and leave the country.

They will not be safe in this country. And I am not joking.

That might explain the government's current obsession with disarming the public ahead of a total societal collapse.

Oh well we'll just have to bludgen them to death with blunt implements but what are we going to do with the real villains?