House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
camem'

On The Ground In Florida

Was in the US last week - the radio adverts were interesting. After the advert for 'get a loan to make sure you don't fall foul of the recession' the next one was for someone who would buy your home 'whatever your foreclosure status' (as if everyone's got one), then one where 'oh my gosh you guys are great' actress realises that she can buy a home for less than her current rent. Fair enough you might say, but the quoted figure was $200 per month. To cover the mortgage on a house.

Then there were plenty of adverts for foreclosed homes to buy on billboards around the place and at the airport on the way back the economist had 'the house price abyss' on the front cover with pic of a house falling into, well, an abyss. Tone of article was all 'when will it all end ? Not for ages' etc etc

Was in the US last week - the radio adverts were interesting. After the advert for 'get a loan to make sure you don't fall foul of the recession' the next one was for someone who would buy your home 'whatever your foreclosure status' (as if everyone's got one), then one where 'oh my gosh you guys are great' actress realises that she can buy a home for less than her current rent. Fair enough you might say, but the quoted figure was $200 per month. To cover the mortgage on a house.

Then there were plenty of adverts for foreclosed homes to buy on billboards around the place and at the airport on the way back the economist had 'the house price abyss' on the front cover with pic of a house falling into, well, an abyss. Tone of article was all 'when will it all end ? Not for ages' etc etc

Were there queues for the Pirates of the Caribean ride?

I am thinking of moving to Miami because, according to CI Miami, all the women are gorgeous and wear bikinis virtually everywhere. Occasionally they wear tight fitting trousers but mostly bikinis.

Were there queues for the Pirates of the Caribean ride?

I am thinking of moving to Miami because, according to CI Miami, all the women are gorgeous and wear bikinis virtually everywhere. Occasionally they wear tight fitting trousers but mostly bikinis.

they all wear bikinis cos its frigging stupidly hot....even the junkie/crack whores of which there are lots and lots and lots of....

they all wear bikinis cos its frigging stupidly hot....even the junkie/crack whores of which there are lots and lots and lots of....

I don't recall seeing them on the visit florida website! :blink: All the murders put me off though. That poor CSI team barely have time to iron their designer clothes before being called to another multiple sexually motivated murder involving gorgeous people. Only gorgeous swingers, models or trannies get killed in Miami it seems! :unsure:

I'm going to move to a place called jepardy.

Because my mate just told me there are lots of jobs there.

I've just moved out of Egypt, the river is overcrowded.

I've just come back from there too, had to love the TV Ads for "reverse mortgages"..oh and the daily shooting reports :rolleyes:

What is a reverse mortgage?

Please explain the daily shooting reports - was it like the weather? Did it involve a vacuous luvvie type placing little bullet symbols on a map and did they have some kind of electronic counter. Yes, I believe Miami is a very violent place - they don't show that in CSI Miami do they amidst all the beautiful people and the beautiful tight clothes that they wear - or do they!? :unsure: