House Price Crash Forum
the primitive

Estate Agent On News 24

15 whole minutes of bear feast at 7.30. Had an estate agent from Manchester who said it was worse than he had ever known, and everyone in the industry was saying it is worse even than the 1990s.

Also a carpenter from Wales who says his business has fallen by 2/3 in 6 months, and a very sensible Financial Adviser type bloke who was very calmy and matter-of-factly saying that we were now probably already in recession, and gave a very succinct explanation of the sh1t people are in as a result of coming off 2 year fixes and not being able to remortgage.

Only other highlight was the newsreader bint who didn't know what BRIC means... made herself look utterly thick.

15 minutes of unmitigated bad news on the economy, presented in such a way as though it was all inevitable and the mainstream view. Anyone watching would be left in no doubt about the deep doo-doo UKplc is in :lol:

:(:ph34r:

Nicely spotted.

That'll teach me to watch endless repeats of Top Gear on Dave - I miss all the good stuff.

Nicely spotted.

That'll teach me to watch endless repeats of Top Gear on Dave - I miss all the good stuff.

Are you sayin` that TG isn`t the good stuff ?

I rank Top Gear alongside Financial Planner "telling `em like it is", or the BBC using the "R" word at 8am this morning.

I'm so sorry, Prof. Top Gear is indeed 'the good stuff'. I just hate to miss my daily serving of bear food :lol:

Guest Shedfish
Nicely spotted.

same here..guilty pleasure. turned over to News24, only to get 'overweight dogs crisis'. it was badgers last week...

My mothers had her car MOTed and Serviced today bloke from the garage said works dropped right off the last 2 months might have to start laying off

Nicely spotted.

Is there another channel other than Dave? Actually, I was watching Data find his dying Father for the zillionth time on Virgin!

In the future, all channels will be Dave.......

I quite like it, can get it on my Freeview box and find myself watching it frequently. In fact, my viewing of the first 5 channels (or what my Dad calls Gas Telly) is getting very limited now.

If only I can wean myself off football, I could cancel the cable package.

Went to the local curtaining warehouse today, the place was like a ghost town, I was the only customer and I only spent £20.

Is curtaining some sort of euphemism...like dogging?? :lol:

15 whole minutes of bear feast at 7.30. Had an estate agent from Manchester who said it was worse than he had ever known, and everyone in the industry was saying it is worse even than the 1990s.

Also a carpenter from Wales who says his business has fallen by 2/3 in 6 months, and a very sensible Financial Adviser type bloke who was very calmy and matter-of-factly saying that we were now probably already in recession, and gave a very succinct explanation of the sh1t people are in as a result of coming off 2 year fixes and not being able to remortgage.

Only other highlight was the newsreader bint who didn't know what BRIC means... made herself look utterly thick.

15 minutes of unmitigated bad news on the economy, presented in such a way as though it was all inevitable and the mainstream view. Anyone watching would be left in no doubt about the deep doo-doo UKplc is in :lol:

:(:ph34r:

Damn, missed it! :o(

Interesting that it all seems to have died down in the past 2 months.

The Beeb have had some grey haired economic chap on Working Lunch and on their News bulletins today saying that everything was fine up until 2 months ago and then suddenly everything just has gone dire sales wise.

Local farmers market was on today, normally they are done and dusted by around 3pm having sold all their wares at their slightly-over-inflated-but-feel-good-because-you-arnt-buying-from-tesco-price.

So as i was leaving work at 6pm they were still there, all looking very quiet.

Hope they keep going however.

Is curtaining some sort of euphemism...like dogging?? :lol:

Off to do a spot of "curtaining" later.

Went to buy a portable hard drive in PC World on Saturday. Cycled to Mile End branch. The car park was near empty! I felt pretty profligate buying the drive in the near empty store, and thought I ought to be at home saving money like everyone else! Mind Wimbledons ladies final was on. :lol:

In the future, all channels will be Dave.......

In fact, my viewing of the first 5 channels (or what my Dad calls Gas Telly) is getting very limited now.

If only I can wean myself off football, I could cancel the cable package.

I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't let you do that...