House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

So, Everything Was Fine Yesterday Chicken Little

Yesterday, all was well with the World seemingly.

Yes, there was a bunch of nutters on some website ranting on about economic doom and gloom but for 995 of the UK population house prices were never going to fall, jobs were secure and there would always still be honey for tea... or something like that.

Today, I am frankly amazed at the panic on the TV News and on the Radio. It is sheer panic! I had always expected a day like this would come eventually, and I expect we will have even worse ones in the months and years ahead, but for millions of people watching the TV News today the severity of the doom-laden reporting must be a shock - will be a shock as I expect many will not hear the news until they get home from work.

I wonder what affect this will have on houseprices now? Will it bring the denial stage to an end? Will it panic home-sellers and EAs?

Will today's news bring the housing crash along much swifter now. I expect it will.

Can you hear that in the distance... that's panic that is!

Now it`s honey for breakfast every day. The news seem to be playing a stop start game. One day it`s two murdered students all day long, next day it`s an announcement of recession, then a bit about Harry or animals, then something about the Church of England all being inconsequential Homosexuals (did I hear that bit right?) They are just doing a drip feed excercise, when we are in the actual doo doo sheeple will just be told to eat less, stay by their TV`s to await information, and laws will be passed to allow the authorities to take ages re-imbursing your money from bust banks. The only one that seems to think we are not in recession is old Gordo, I`m starting to think he may really be bonkers?

Radio 4, I think?, lunchtime, only caught the end on my way to Radio3, a (NL?) female stating that 27 out 27 experts said no recession this year, & 26 out of 27 said no recession next year.

Working Lunch. Two experts? (one not long out of nappies), again, no recession.

I'm listening to the wrong programmes :(