House Price Crash Forum

Gordon Tells G8 That He Is The Right Man For The Job

HOLA441

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7495153.stm

PM 'right man' to steer economy
Mr Brown said the UK was in a "better position" than most countries
Gordon Brown has said he is the right person to take the British economy through "difficult times" - and that it is "more resilient than most".
The prime minister, who is at the G8 summit, said his experience on economic matters and negotiating deals with world leaders was very important.
A survey of businesses suggests the UK is facing a serious risk of recession.
But Mr Brown said the economy was still growing, with "very high" employment and comparatively low interest rates.
Earlier a British Chambers of Commerce survey of almost 5,000 businesses suggested that the UK was facing a serious risk of recession .
..../
"We are delivering everything we promised; other countries will do the same," said Mr Brown.
"Ten million children will go to school. Malaria nets will save thousands and more healthcare. These are big concrete changes."

I can't thibnk of anything to say in response. I am, in fact, left speechless.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest sillybear2

That's for us to decide, and if he's so confident of the fact why doesn't he put it to the vote?

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Clearly he is the right man for a job - the question is what job ?

Street sweeper ?

Refuse collector ?

Mucus remover ? (AKA snot gobbler) ?

Answers on a postcard to :

Gordon Brown

(Soon leaving) No 10 Downing Street (for the wilderness up north)

London

SW1.....

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
The prime minister, who is at the G8 summit, said his experience on economic matters and negotiating deals with world leaders was very important.
..../
"We are delivering everything we promised; other countries will do the same," said Mr Brown.
"Ten million children will go to school. Malaria nets will save thousands and more healthcare. These are big concrete changes."

Can anyone name one deal that that fat f**k ever negotiated with other World leaders? Remember his visit to either India or China last year, where he used his magnificent negotiating skilss to, erm, give them £50M quid in return for some vague promise to cut emissions. What did we get from it? Oh ye, 9/10th's of f**k all.

Edited by dpg50000

HOLA4413
Guest AuntJess
Gordon Brown has said he is the right person to take the British economy through "difficult times" - and that it is "more resilient than most".
But Mr Brown said the economy was still growing, with "very high" employment and comparatively low interest rates.
Earlier a British Chambers of Commerce survey of almost 5,000 businesses suggested that the UK was facing a serious risk of recession .
..../

I can't think of anything to say in response. I am, in fact, left speechless.

I hate to be overly pessimistic :rolleyes: but I reckon it's time to send the 'men in white coats' for Gordon. He is now TOTALLY out of touch with reality....that is every other b*gger's reality.

He is the undoubted master of the " Hollywood rewrite" and when he emerges from the rubber room - some years hence - he will be "snapped up" ( where HAVE I heard that phrase before?" <_< ) by the movie directors as a script writer/supervisor. ^_^

HOLA4414
Guest Bart of Darkness

Gordon Tells G8 That He Is The Right Man For The Job

Are the G8 advertising for an odd-job man or something?

HOLA4415
This is eerily reminiscent of US President Herbert Hoover in 1930 - economic fundamentals sound and all that. Meanwhile, reality had other plans . . .