House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Badger

Banning Kids From Wedding

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7494823.stm

Can't stand em myself, but didn't ban them from mine! I can't believe people are that precious over their 'special day' or that they allow friends and family to their wedding who are ignorant enough to refuse to take them out of the ceremony if they start kicking up..

I got married on an island on the river thames, I did state that all children will need to be watched constantly and made a big note on the invites.

at 11.30pm... They un-tied all the boats on the island and everyone was left stranded for an hour.

Funniest thing I have seen in ages :lol:

Had to pretend to the management that I was fuming but in reality I would have done the same sort of thing as a kid ;)

They really added to my day as it goes, we were on the pints of pimms, they were going mental on sugar from the sweet jars :lol:

Weddings I've been to are better with kids. They seem to be more of a family occasion that way.

An older child at one wedding was invited to read out a poem. As she started one of the very young kids started bawling its head off. Only the last few lines were audible above the din but I don't think anyone minded.

On the other hand...

"Police Squad!: Testimony of Evil (Dead Men Don't Laugh) (#1.6)" (1982)

Capt. Ed Hocken: [reading file] Married, one child. That didn't work out, so he married a grown woman.

Guest Bart of Darkness

As someone who is drafted in to assist a wedding photographer when his regular assistant is unavailable, I've attended a fair few weddings over the past few years (very odd to be at a wedding when you don't know anyone there).

Can't see it happening myself. Yes, the very young children can start bawling at awkward times, but that's what kids do.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7494823.stm

Can't stand em myself, but didn't ban them from mine! I can't believe people are that precious over their 'special day' or that they allow friends and family to their wedding who are ignorant enough to refuse to take them out of the ceremony if they start kicking up..

I've been invited to a couple of 'NO KIDS' weddings recently. I simply couldn't attend.

to get married you need one of two things , a stinkingly rich or b in debt lol, on the grounds whose going to feed you when your house is worth sweet fanny adams and you cant afford a nice lttle old peoples home, just like our pasts, grannies coming hime to live with their daughters, and ull be grandad one day, so pi ss your youth off at your peril you old grunters, in mind at least, treat your youth like a flower and watch it blossom, long may the youth be loud , the only real protesters left. i will be a 40 year old youth this month , you would nt want to let me into your wedding lol kick me out for smoking lol

to get married you need one of two things , a stinkingly rich or b in debt lol, on the grounds whose going to feed you when your house is worth sweet fanny adams and you cant afford a nice lttle old peoples home, just like our pasts, grannies coming hime to live with their daughters, and ull be grandad one day, so pi ss your youth off at your peril you old grunters, in mind at least, treat your youth like a flower and watch it blossom, long may the youth be loud , the only real protesters left. i will be a 40 year old youth this month , you would nt want to let me into your wedding lol kick me out for smoking lol

Come again?

hello vlad , i thought weddings cost about 43 ounces of gold, so i guess the biggest landowners are getting stuffed twice, once for the land they own and twice , for far fewer weddings, long live the church bud, ha blood y ha, so unless you got 43 ounces of gold you got to borrow them bud, 43ounces at £467 is £20k but hey why think in paper any more its useless, so only the rich will be getting married in a church soon, your children are your future bud, the wisest investment, essex till i die.lol