House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SleepyHead

It's The Money Supply Stupid!

Paul Van Eeden nails it, and makes the CNBC types, including Erin Burnett etc look pretty dumb.

Worth a watch.

I wonder if Brown and Darling know this and are lying to us, or they haven't figured it out and really believe this supply and demand stuff.

Paul Van Eeden nails it, and makes the CNBC types, including Erin Burnett etc look pretty dumb.

Worth a watch.

I wonder if Brown and Darling know this and are lying to us, or they haven't figured it out and really believe this supply and demand stuff.

:lol:

Hilarious.

it is in deed,genuinely laughed out loud at the 3 and 13 bit.

I actually understand what Paul says, good at explaining things to simpletons like me. I would actually trust the guy with my money as well, for some reason.

Nice guy.

Amazing... the interviewer and the other guy genuinely didn't seem to understand the concepts being put forward, even with a sharp explanation.

Aren't they the exact qualifications you need to be a journo???

And lets face it to be a female TV journalist it's not the brain cells their after it's how good they look on camera.

Amazing... the interviewer and the other guy genuinely didn't seem to understand the concepts being put forward, even with a sharp explanation.

I know its staggering isn't it?.

God I wish the media would wake up and figure this out. All this supply and demand guff just reminds me of the tripe we had to listen to during the housing bubble. Sure supply and demand has a bit of an effect, but not this much!

It's as though the only economic concept they know about is "supply and demand". Even Brown has flown to Saudi to get OPEC to pump more oil, and is now asking us to waste less food. Reminds me of the Eco-town solution to the often claimed "shortage" in housing.

Arggh.. give me strength! If any journos are reading this, for gods sake figure this out so we can pressure politicians to correct the causes of these bubbles. Rather than treating the symptoms all the time, only to find an even bigger bubble emerge immediately after.

Worth a watch.

I am amazed that some of his guests couldn't understand his point.

Listening to Gordon Brown today, he was saying:

1) In response to food prices "we will GROW more food! Its lack of supply! We must stop so much waste to curb demand!".

2) In reposnse to oil prices "we will work with producers to inrease supply! and encourage renewable energy to reduce demand!"

3) and his old housing solution "we will build shared equity housing for key workers...to help boost supply!"

There is just TOO much money in the system. It's now sloshed it's way to commodities. Simple as that.

This nonsense over supply and demand is getting on my nerves now. It's just inflation. We have a way to run on the inflation cycle. It hasn't hit our pockets as much as it will do.

I wasn't slagging him off.just observing the face on the intereviewer when he said all supply and demand accounted for was the move from 3-13.pure class.

Yep.

Then he proved it. :lol:

Top.

The guy was right in the video when he said the Fed found the money supply aggregates not useful for their purposes of targeting near term price inflation.

However, they and the BoE are perfectly aware that there is a correlation between inflation of the money supply and price inflation in the longer term. Go to the BoE site and wade through the papers there to see what they are aware of and what they are not.

They found it not useful because it meant a limit on their power to steal.

pathetic

Edit: feel free to use that feedback in helping to hone your ideas for your book

I would if there was any. Have a random word in return.

Cromulent.

I am amazed that some of his guests couldn't understand his point.

Listening to Gordon Brown today, he was saying:

1) In response to food prices "we will GROW more food! Its lack of supply! We must stop so much waste to curb demand!".

It just shows you how dumb he really is when he can't see that he's contradicting himself - more worryingly, nor can the media.

Wasting food = over supply, so this rules out supply and demand as being the primary reason for rising prices!

In my mind's eye - a picture built up from your many posts - is that you are an unemployed man who thinks that the world owes you a living and can therefore live with yourself claiming benefits and not working (despite the fact you could) because you have persuaded yourself that 'they' have stolen from you.

What do you do Injin? Tell me I am wrong.

You are wrong.

Right now I am doing as little as possible, having sold up. I have an old rice tub full of monetary metals, some cash under the bed (so to speak) and a lot of food and other things I believe I will need shortly. I have withdrawn my money from the banking system.

I claim no benefits. Equally, I pay as little tax as possible, because taxation is theft and what the people who steal would spend the money on is in direct opposition to my own best interests and is also deeply, deeply immoral. Inflation is one form of theftation that is very difficult to avoid.

What I believe I am owed is being left alone.

None of this has any bearing whatsoever on what the banking system is, what sort of people run it or how it operates.

I could be a lapdancing brain surgeon falsely claiming a war widows pension and the banking system is what it is and the bankers are what they are.

Will you now join with me in decrying obvious evil and removing your own money from those who use it to bomb children and enslave your friends and family?

Or was the personal inquiry just a poorly judged and ineffective attempt at a snub of some kind?

In my mind's eye - a picture built up from your many posts - is that you are an unemployed man who thinks that the world owes you a living and can therefore live with yourself claiming benefits and not working (despite the fact you could) because you have persuaded yourself that 'they' have stolen from you.

What do you do Injin? Tell me I am wrong.

TBH and FWIW I'm disappointed you felt the need to mildy flame injin in this way. His content adds a lot to this forum

It just shows you how dumb he really is when he can't see that he's contradicting himself - more worryingly, nor can the media.

Wasting food = over supply, so this rules out supply and demand as being the primary reason for rising prices!

That's a good point, I hadn't thought of it in quite that way. Good post dude!

It'd be nice if the media could really do a proper investigation of the issue. If they really looked into the money supply, particularly in the last year with all this "injected liquidity" the CB's have been printing, they might be able to pull up the PM and chancellor on the tripe they're trotting out at the moment.

You are wrong.

Right now I am doing as little as possible, having sold up. I have an old rice tub full of monetary metals, some cash under the bed (so to speak) and a lot of food and other things I believe I will need shortly. I have withdrawn my money from the banking system.

I claim no benefits. Equally, I pay as little tax as possible, because taxation is theft and what the people who steal would spend the money on is in direct opposition to my own best interests and is also deeply, deeply immoral. Inflation is one form of theftation that is very difficult to avoid.

What I believe I am owed is being left alone.

None of this has any bearing whatsoever on what the banking system is, what sort of people run it or how it operates.

I could be a lapdancing brain surgeon falsely claiming a war widows pension and the banking system is what it is and the bankers are what they are.

Will you now join with me in decrying obvious evil and removing your own money from those who use it to bomb children and enslave your friends and family?

Or was the personal inquiry just a poorly judged and ineffective attempt at a snub of some kind?

Wouldn't it be better to firm-up the charge of fraud. For example, to my mind, if a bank made the claim that lending does not "create money" that would be fraudulent.

They look at the increases in the price of oil in 3 currencies and conclude that the $ money supply cannot be the cause of the increase in the price in $. Surely they know that there are central banks controlling all 3 of those currencies? Could it not occur to them that the FED is simply responsible for a lager rise than the other central banks?

They should have included the increase in the number of gold grams needed to buy a barrel.