House Price Crash Forum
hostman

Possible Ea Closure And Something New On Rightmove

Hello.

Spotted something while dropping the misses off at work this morning. There is a "Bradshaws" EA opposite her work place in Luton town centre.

Looks like its recently closed. They still had the property boards up, but no desks inside and people clearing stuff from the building.

No idea if they have relocated or closed that branch for good. They also have a branch in nearby Dunstable, drove past that yesterday while on the way to an anti-natal class (go me) and it looked open.

There's also an EA down the road from me, Icknield area. They recently (within the last two months) "merged" with another branch, thus reducing the number of EA's.

Final thing. Spotted this today on Rightmove:

new-incentive.JPG

A new "incentive" status on Rightmove. Anyone else noticed this?

Plus, this EA, Urban and Rural, have today added a £500 cash back incentive to all of their existing properties, desperate or what? How about reducing the price!

Hello.

Final thing. Spotted this today on Rightmove:

A new "incentive" status on Rightmove. Anyone else noticed this?

Plus, this EA, Urban and Rural, have today added a £500 cash back incentive to all of their existing properties, desperate or what? How about reducing the price!

That's an incentive ?

When all else fails, oh, just go ahead then, knock £500 off!

...Ok ...and ?

That's an incentive ?

When all else fails, oh, just go ahead then, knock £500 off!

...Ok ...and ?

Yeah, but c'mon. They'd already knocked £1,005 off the price - can't say fairer than that, can you :lol::lol:

This has got such a long way to run. Just had Bells Plonker on the dog and bone, "just a courtesy call...." How come they are all so "courteous" now - they didn't give a flying sh*t when they made all their money from flogging gardens to their scumbag developer mates, did they?!

Chap was really quite deflated when I didn't snap his hand off, on a property they'd kindly deigned to send to us mere mortals - £850K for some dump in the middle of nowhere. Really seemed quite put out that I had the opinion it was way overpriced, and didn't want to rush straight round there.

I wonder if they and others will survive until their developer mates are back onstream in 2012 - they really have no idea how much detestation they've built up round here, by their greedy and destructive actions in the last ten years....

B