House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Propertybee Testing

Hi, a beta of PropertyBee is now available that supports the ESPC/GSPC sites. If you would be willing to give this a quick test before BeerHunter releases it officially, please send me a PM and I'll send you the link.

Hi, a beta of PropertyBee is now available that supports the ESPC/GSPC sites. If you would be willing to give this a quick test before BeerHunter releases it officially, please send me a PM and I'll send you the link.

Hi, I'd love to give it a test run, use GSPC regularly with FF3.

hi riad, just wondering if it is somehow possible that pb has the same behaviour as with rightmove, so that it basically shows on the main search page the initial entry and changes?

Hi, that's the behaviour you should get (with PB 2.0.1.0, which includes ESPC/GSPC support). Unfortunately there's a bug in the GSPC code that means that site only shows the history in a saved search or when looking at a specific property's details.

ESPC should behave as per RightMove/etc - any listings or property detail pages will show the history (if you find a case where it doesn't, let me know).

One small glitch: The programme is working fine on main pages of ESPC but the PB sidebar option only displays:

... ... ... [space] ... ... ...

with occasional variants:

... ... ... [space] [space] ... ...

... ... ... [space] ... [space] ...

[space] inserted by me as the forum doesn't print repeated space characters.

It seems to retain property information, in that if you click on a line in the sidebar, a viewed property appears in the main window. Some lines in the sidebar are coloured green, red or blue.

As a new user, I'm not sure what the sidebar should be displaying, but just thought I'd let you know. It's still a great programme, though Riad / Beerhunter!

Edited by Radge

One small glitch: The programme is working fine on main pages of ESPC but the PB sidebar option only displays:

The "..." character are literally what's displayed? Can you try grabbing the column dividers at the top of the side bar, and pulling them to the left or right to try and expand the columns?

It sounds like perhaps your sidebar is set to show everything, and so every column has squashed down to about 10 pixels wide or something (which will truncate all the text inside it).

You can click the little botom at the top right corner of the side bar (immediately above the top of the vertical scroll bar) to decide which columns to display. I normally just have title, price, original price, and %ge change - which lets you make each column wide enough to see the full content without truncation.

I'm not sure what the blue colour indicates, but rows are tinted red if they've fallen in price and green if they've gone up in price (typically when an OO goes to FP).

... so when do you add s1homes, primelocation, Rettie, Savills, Knight Frank, RE/MAX etc etc etc to the application ???

(Can I take my tongue out of my cheek now?)