House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Joel Hills - Sky News

He comes across as a thoroughly decent chap. If I had a sloane daughter, over 18, I would feel very happy if he was rogering her.

Anyhow, I digress.

He is one of the Sky business journos and he has an interesting look at the recession fears in a VT item on Sky News today. He makes an interesting comment about a crash in houses starting the last recession in 1990.

Hang on, haven't all the VIs told us that it was the other way around - unemployment rose, IRs shot up, shops closed down, etc, and only then, only then, did house prices fall!?

Well done Joel - you could have my wife as well if I was married. How about a lemon ice cream maker and a comfy chair instead?*

Which show does that reference people? ;)

edit: typo

Edited by The Masked Tulip

He comes across as a thoroughly decent chap. If I had a sloane daughter, over 18, I would feel very happy if he was rogering her.

Anyhow, I digress.

He is one of the Sky business journos and he has an interesting look at the recession fears in a VT item on Sky News today. He makes an interesting comment about a crash in houses starting the last recession in 1990.

Hang on, haven't all the VIs told us that it was the other way around - unemployment rose, IRs shot up, shops closed down, etc, and only then, only then, did house prices fall!?

Well down Joel - you could have my wife as well if I was married. How about a lemon ice cream maker and a comfy chair instead?*

/quote]

Nudge, nudge, grin, grin. Say no more!

LMAO - just caught the end of Joel talking to Kay Burley just after the 3AM bulletin. He was mentioning something about Wil Hutton whom, I gather, had been talking to Kay Burley earlier on and then...

What a star Joel is - he laid into the housing bubble. Burley mentioned that some report said that house prices would not recover for 4 years and he said that was anybody's guess and mentioned talking to a BTL landlord a few months ago who, over a 3 month period, had been lent 3.5 million over 3 months by the banks to buy 16 BTL properties and now the boy was broke - lost everything! Then went on to talk about people thinking of houses as assets and not as homes, people not being prudent, etc, etc.

If anyone can find this on Sky's website it was a hoot.

Would also be interested in seeing the Hutton interview also.

Are you amongst us Joel? Are you one of us?

LMAO - just caught the end of Joel talking to Kay Burley just after the 3AM bulletin. He was mentioning something about Wil Hutton whom, I gather, had been talking to Kay Burley earlier on and then...

What a star Joel is - he laid into the housing bubble. Burley mentioned that some report said that house prices would not recover for 4 years and he said that was anybody's guess and mentioned talking to a BTL landlord a few months ago who, over a 3 month period, had been lent 3.5 million over 3 months by the banks to buy 16 BTL properties and now the boy was broke - lost everything! Then went on to talk about people thinking of houses as assets and not as homes, people not being prudent, etc, etc.

If anyone can find this on Sky's website it was a hoot.

Would also be interested in seeing the Hutton interview also.

Are you amongst us Joel? Are you one of us?

I saw the Hutton interview. His solution: to restore confidence to banking by setting up a UK version of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae......errrrmm, thank Will.

In all fairness to Hutton, I can't really stand the bloke, but he did tear into the ridiculous lending practices of banks.

I saw this on the train this morning (I think it's sky news they have on the train). I made a mental note because it's definitely the first time I've heard the mainstream media mention that a housing downturn causes a recession and not vice versa.

Saw Hutton on Sky as well. He looked and soundy "tres panicky" as though his portfolio was being slashed by the day. Does he have any BTL or shares in some big city funds ? Hmmmm ?

Anyway, his solutions seemed to be to do whatever they had done in the US. Even to the point of setting up a Freddie/fannie Mae type structure. Obviously doesn't watch the news from the US very often.....hasn't he seen they are near bankrupt ? After blubbering for a few minutes he was more or less calling for the re-nationalisation of the banks, building societes and any other big UK business that looked liked going to the wall.

Personally I'd let them go to the wall. Tis the way of free markets, non ? ;)

Saw Hutton on Sky as well. He looked and soundy "tres panicky" as though his portfolio was being slashed by the day. Does he have any BTL or shares in some big city funds ? Hmmmm ?

Anyway, his solutions seemed to be to do whatever they had done in the US. Even to the point of setting up a Freddie/fannie Mae type structure. Obviously doesn't watch the news from the US very often.....hasn't he seen they are near bankrupt ? After blubbering for a few minutes he was more or less calling for the re-nationalisation of the banks, building societes and any other big UK business that looked liked going to the wall.

Personally I'd let them go to the wall. Tis the way of free markets, non ? ;)

Apparently his wife is a big propetty developer?

Well done Joel - you could have my wife as well if I was married. How about a lemon ice cream maker and a comfy chair instead?*

Was it the 'union pay negotiation' sketch on NTNON. Mel Smith, Rowan Atkinson etc. The comfy chair was available 'to take home at weekends' and someone's daughter was to be phased in over the coming years, if I remember right. Oh, and I think it was a recipe for lemon ice cream they wanted? :rolleyes: