House Price Crash Forum
redgenieuk

I Don't Think People Realise How Bad It Really Is.

I really do not think people know how bad it is out there. I have just seen two of the small businesses that we deal with go into administration - previously sound companies that we deal a lot with and we thought they were fine!

Most people will not realise how bad it is until they wake up, go to work and have no job.

I really do not think people know how bad it is out there. I have just seen two of the small businesses that we deal with go into administration - previously sound companies that we deal a lot with and we thought they were fine!

Most people will not realise how bad it is until they wake up, go to work and have no job.

How long before you have no job?

I think you mean get woken up by the mass rioting in the street then people will realise just how bad it is.

I agree though people don't seem to get that the majority of growth in this country has been funded on debt and nothing real.

I'm expecting that over the coming months the number of companies failing are going to rapidly increase.

Guest KingCharles1st

Cant we all go to Spain and buy recently tanked dirt cheap property?

I could get a job as a sunglasses salesman

To know how bad it really is - look to our ever errant leader. He can't bear to stay in the country long enough to face up to what he has been an enabler of.

Are they having fake fire alarms in Canary Wharf again yet? Getting everyone outside of the building and then not letting them back in? Or letting them in one by one, accompanied by security guards, just long enough to get their belongs and leave?

I suspect this will be happening all over the City again soon.

Oh dear.

“He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart.”

I have been prepared for this outcome since I woke up in August 07.

My colleague at work is upset with me for saying 'bring on the recession'. Heh, maybe his hatches are not battoned down?

How long before you have no job?

Who knows!

The only thing I do know is there are 8 people in the queue first before me.

I would hope a long time, but in this climate, it is anyones guess.

As an interesting exercise try this. Imagine that whatever you do, jobwise, collapses. Now go onto the JobCentre Plus website. Type in your postcode, search for all vacancies and see what's out there. Now that is frightening!

Yep - It is HORRENDOUS out there. I deal with a number of customers across a variety of business sectors.

EVERYONE is cutting back.

I'm thinking it may be a good idea to re-train as a teacher. At least i'll get a job.

As an interesting exercise try this. Imagine that whatever you do, jobwise, collapses. Now go onto the JobCentre Plus website. Type in your postcode, search for all vacancies and see what's out there. Now that is frightening!

Gordon was on the telly just last week saying there were 650,000 job vacancies in the economy at the minute. Just how many McDonald's are there in this country?

Also, we must ensure that government doesn't become crazy in the collapsing mess to try and maintain control, at the terrible expense of the masses. It's important we all keep our clear heads and realize we're in this boat together.

I think globally there will be a lot of repudiation of the crushing burdens of debt all around the world. People are waking up to the fact that the banks that they are in debt to have created this money from thin air, not worked for it. :angry:

To be fair, Jobcentre Plus is the worst place to look for a job. I remember when I signed on for a month after finishing Uni, i'd go for my meetings with the careers lady at the JC+ and she'd ask about where I was looking for jobs, i'd say in the papers and on the web.

She'd also say: "have you looked at our jobs lists?"

I'd reply: "No, I don't think there's anything for me there."

Gordon was on the telly just last week saying there were 650,000 job vacancies in the economy at the minute. Just how many McDonald's are there in this country?

:lol::lol::lol:

Too many.

To be fair, Jobcentre Plus is the worst place to look for a job. I remember when I signed on for a month after finishing Uni, i'd go for my meetings with the careers lady at the JC+ and she'd ask about where I was looking for jobs, i'd say in the papers and on the web.

She'd also say: "have you looked at our jobs lists?"

I'd reply: "No, I don't think there's anything for me there."

I have a good friend who worked for The Shaw Trust within Job Centre Plus. He was working in his local area, making a difference, helping people, and truly, for once actually improving peoples prospects.

What happened? The Gubmnint kicked Shaw Trust off of the patch and he had to relocate and start the whole thing again, whilst leaving all his "clients" to the mercy of the free market. He now has to use the car every day to do roughly 10 times his monthly mileage.

Joined up thinking from Gordons goons. Can you imagine how many times this has been replicated across the country, across the different government funded sectors.

STOP WASTING OUR MONEY YOU TWATS!! :angry:

Was down in Sarf London last week and took a stroll along the local high street. Two restaurants (one sit-in/takeaway; the other just take-away) hadn't even bothered to open that evening. Admittedly this was on a Tuesday night, but I have friends in the restauranting business who say conditions are just awful.

Who's doing the administrations?

Without vast amounts of waste the economy would tank, it's what keeps us all going. That's why I laugh (ironically) when companies down size in order to save money. What they don't realise is that they have just sacked the very consumers that buy their products and use their services. So once, our economy gets into job shedding mode the cycle will increase in speed and viciousness. We are going down the plug hole at an increasing rate of knots.

Very true... having just read this article from another thread you can see why...

Rebranding a turd

as sales of CDOs composed of asset-backed securities fall to less than $1 billion this year from $227 billion in 2007

I know these only represent one portion of the market but it is a really shocking indicator of how bad it really is out there... this debt is the life blood of our sick economy... and it has dried up :blink:

I did this last night for my friend's bf who was made redundant yesterday. 15 miles north of Birmingham, the closest job was just outside of London. Painter/decorator, not self-employed so no card in place.

I agree completely with this poster. Despite a bear market, inflation rampant and house market dead people aren't hurting yet. Why? Coz the tail is wagging the dog. normally the real economy tanks killing the housing market. This time the house market has tanked killing the real economy. People can't quite see it coming - although they are waking up. Unfortunately, the average man knows more about Lampards possible transfer than the control of money!

I agree completely with this poster. Despite a bear market, inflation rampant and house market dead people aren't hurting yet. Why? Coz the tail is wagging the dog. normally the real economy tanks killing the housing market. This time the house market has tanked killing the real economy. People can't quite see it coming - although they are waking up. Unfortunately, the average man knows more about Lampards possible transfer than the control of money!

err I think that you will find the housing market went belly up before the 90s recession.

I got made redundant recently and have managed to pick up temp work (catering, warehouse etc) through a local agency. Its enough to eek out the redundancy money and pay the rent and bills. But I agree, its getting bad out there.