House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Conveyancer

Any News On The Halifax Figures?

As the title really

None yet, but if they wait until the end of the week then we'll have a triple whammy of bad news, with house prices falling, BoE either raising or leaving rates at 5%, and Bradford and Bingley going bust.

I was thinking about this on my way home yesterday, if I could adjust seasonality figures every month as I saw fit I would always be on target.....erm.....for the first 9 months of the year at least :ph34r:

Delayed again. Do they ever give a reason why? I would love a job like that where I can change the goalposts as often as I like to suit myself.

Why not get a job with the treasury / BOE then?

Delayed again. Do they ever give a reason why?

The one house that sold over the last month is due to complete today ........ then the figures will be ready :rolleyes:

I was thinking about this on my way home yesterday, if I could adjust seasonality figures every month as I saw fit I would always be on target.....erm.....for the first 9 months of the year at least :ph34r:

That would help my figures out at the moment. I could just tell my senior partner I am seasonally adjusting in line with the Halifax. Do you think he would buy it?

Is "The Halifax Figures" a bronze or a post-modern construction ? Who's the artist ?

It's a new piece by Tracy Emin and consits of a solitary public toilet brilliantly contrasting the idea of pretty 'cottages' worth £2m each with the reality of the load of excrement that the housing market has become.

Hold your horses everyone!

The Halifax figures are always released on the morning of the first day of the two day MPC meeting - for MAXIMUM effect of course.

MPC meeting starts tomorrow.

I think they're waiting for B&B to go under before announcing it.. good day to bury bad news and all.

I don't think you can bury bad news about the economy under bad news about the economy.

You need a good war or tsunami instead.