House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarman001

Cars...

I hada Ford Fiesta up until 3-4 months ago. I paid it off fully but then took on a loan (shame on me!) to get a more reliable Ford Focus. It's going to take me a while to pay it off, and so I've thought for a while of just selling it and downgrading to something much cheaper, or nothing at all! Problem is the girlfriend lives 30 miles away and it's not really on to let her drive all the time....! So I'd probably have to downgrade. When do you think the best time to sell would be (I don't think people will be buying much for too much longer!), and what would you reccomend as a replacement?

Cheers!

TR

What is the year and model Focus - engine, style, year, etc.

Did you buy it new or secondhand?

How many miles on it?

What colour - please do not say black

How much did you pay for it? What is the loan penalty for paying the loan off early? Can you sell the car whilst still paying the loan?

What do you carry in the car?

Are you a tall chap or a short chap?

2007 Ford Focus (can't remember the exact model sorry), light blue, 1.4L. I'm the second owner, it cost £8.1k, I pay just £4k of that. I don't carry much in the car, though it has a roofrack which I need to take off at some point, as I've never used it! I'm quite tall, 6ft.

My initial plan was to save and pay it off by November, see what happens then.

You need to go to a site like whatcar.com or honestjohn.co.uk and look up the MPG of your focus and compare it to whatever other car you are thinking of buying. I would have thought that a 1.4 focus was pretty economical though?

Out of interest, don't you find the driver's seat of the focus cramped? I am 6 foot 2 inches tall and I find the focus too small for me to get comfortable in.

hello bud this is off topic im off topic, giving your girlfriend some money for her petrol, i used to be a puaper but hey i aint got no car , i got a bike boy lol, and i ant got a house,i done 10,000 miles around uk and europe the year waters did the wall avec me thumb, its dodgy now though,the council charge us £65 for a 2 bed terrace near centre, let me go off topic, we can do sweet fannie adams about our incomes, but we can do plenty about our out goings, right bud im trying to be semi legal here , sell your car for whatever, take a coach to belguim, spend all the money on b and h fags, leave em for 24 months youll be able to buy a car when the as is happening the shops run out of fags and we have to pay £1 1 fag, remember bud in the 1930s it took 1 ounce of gold to buy the whole of the dow jones, ie dow now 11300 ha f u c k ing ha gold 918 so in 5 years gold $3,000 the dow jones $3,000, the ftse 1500 the gold £1500 this has happened before be warned it will happen again, we no how dire it is but banks up 5% , bottom diggers who no nothing about bottoms, i know an ar se hole when i see one lol, if u let this nugget near the sheep i d make PUBLIC transport for the PUBLIC , fReE FrEe free FREE 0P ZILCH F U CK ALL, if i was a worker and had some power , i e i was needed, id STRIKE , YOU GET MORE THAT WAY, no one out there to help you workers bar you the workers, divided you are nothing, in debt you aint much too, in 1880s the miners were starving i mean bl oody starving m8, budapest, hungary m8, they went on strike when 10,000 men stood and 2,000 vouchers were thrown at the mob, u imagine it bud , fight the biggest b u g ger about take a kicking of him then one off your mrs for no blo ody food, they talked desparate dan out with em , all out , every so d ing miner stood went round whole counties in wales and every starving person stood, we remove our labour, you cant make money without labour, now they started to get better conditions they forced lloyd george to do radical acts for workers, labours dead our unions must fight for their people, no more money for labour, let em get it off the banks, now we move on a century norwich 1980s anglia tv the workers had the whole country by the balls, no i t v , big problems, big power, now in the 1980,s people at tv could have earned £50k back then after overtime , well not far short, in 1980,s paper not so toxic, imagine it thats easy 200k today, now why did their union get battered , it was the strongest around, it could of caused government pain and misery, simple just like the mcc s , one word answer never, lol, DEBT, THEY COULD NOT STRIKE BECAUSE THEY EARNED NEARLY 50K AND WERE IN DEBT, for every pub shuts, make the tax back with a cannabis tax , uk smokes loads, give the whole uk dole, better than dropping money from a helicopter, tax the rich there dole back, now you have everybody getting dole could kick 50 % off sick well i dont know how many but loads, not the sick people lol, people on the bottom could now get off there bottom and have some INCENTIVE , community service is very u s a bootcamp like nowadays, i ant done it for a few years, so community service is 100% more right wing than when major ran it asstounding but true, community service wiil soon be in the yellow pages hey they could do with the business, prisons do work and make money for state, uk soon, any brits left, my words s h it m8 but i ant got no debts, no car no house , i still get about walk about 25 miles a week, dont anybody out there feel my anguise, yes i swear , yes my grammer s s h it, but my heart big man , not a v i , i used to work for general portfolio, real hard sell, irish life and allied dunbar, allied dunbar and gordon sound the same , dunbar used to say after 87 we are big enough to weather any financial storm , mouthy ralphy at 21 shouts out in front of a conference of 250 people , yep bud but the titanic sunk, boy that shut him up, he did nt like me, tried to fail me on everything, but the managers liked me , commission only and overide, 3 days a month i worked my balls off, got my 1k and went to the party, at 21 why do i want a porsch on tick, 3 days work 28 days play , they hated it imagine if i had the porsch and house and the s h i tty coke, worked 30 days i would have earned 10k a month, i know i ramble but this is off topic , lol, we will all have to cut back on oil, it will be $200 soon very soon so the turkeys send it down, but hey we have 85 million barrels of oil a day but 86 million demand and we are getting less oil , and even if we find some that not matter becauce all the rigs are rented out for years, so face fact rather than fiction, if you want to survive get of the crack now ie petrol whene yourself off, the 3 biggest killers in uk 1 debt 2 houses 3 petrol they got everybody by the balls, youll have to stop playing by there rules to survive soon, has anybody got anything to say to that cheers colutd1