House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eastleighfan

What Fp Was Saying , September 16 2007

Just looking at "House price crash" on Youtube , and came across this gem .

I like the little news items going along the bottom of the screen .

How about a few more posts of past predictions ?

I am just going "hunting" for some "Krusty" clips

:lol::lol:

Yes, that's absolutely amazing.... :blink:

It has just occured to me that this post would make far more sense if I included the clip :blink:

Sorry , and I haven't even been drinking yet !!!!

Here you go !!

It has just occured to me that this post would make far more sense if I included the clip :blink:

Here you go !!

POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER

POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER

POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER

POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER

POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER

POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER

POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER

POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER

That was a turkey shoot. He got everything right.

Time for some honesty :(

I have seen a few interviews involving FP and thought he was good but I have been a little embaressed by the hero worship status that he gets from this forum and many times I have cringed with some of the `We are not worthy` posts that are posted when FP is on the box.

Not anymore!! FP, after watching this interview from back in September I have to admit, I have total respect for you, and your views and appreciate the fact that you represent this website.

Through my occupation I really do appreciate what Live TV is all about and it takes balls to just appear but to appear and be cool, calm and collected extremely factual when delivering news that people just do not want to hear...

Takes nuts of steel

Keep up the good work

Bosh ( FP Fan club :lol: )

Ditto to all praise of FP. Pity he can't take over Gordon's job - there are times when I think a coup would be a great idea.

PS: Bosh, your avatar looks like Just William.

It was good to see an interview where he was given free rein to get all his views across without constant opinions from the other side of the coin. If he keeps giving good short interviews it will hopefully only be a matter of time before he gets longer exposure.

I suspect though he would like to change his prediction, given then, for the drops this year.

I wonder which TV channel holds him in the highest regard.

Edit:Damn burnt my sausages typing this reply.

Edited by Driver

Edit:Damn burnt my sausages typing this reply.

I forecast a dicky tummy... :D

Here you go !!

I remember watching this last year, it was sort of before it all kicked off, and it turns out FP - you were too optimistic in your 'small % drop next year - for a number of years'! :rolleyes:

Looking at what has happened since then - with even the indices pointing to a minimum 10% drop in 2008, and bigger drops in 2009 - along with the recession/depression it looks like we need a new website - - how about : http://www.housepricearmageddon.co.uk ?

Well done FP!

If I'd have listened to this guy and that bird from Money week in 2004 id be pretty pissed off on the upside id lost! There will be no housing crash as long as unemployment is low and interest rates dont rise quickly. This bloke is an idiot an anyone who thinks he is right are just people who missed the boat.

Comment on Youtube 8 months ago.

FP undoubtley you will be asked when you sold your house - and its probably no secret to those on here. I hope you have prepared a line when asked that on TV.

I would say something like, I spotted the bubble too early, too clever for my own good or something like that.

Seriously, If i hadnt went to university, I would have bought in 2002, 2003 etc. But would have stayed out of the market from 2005 onwards as the warning signs were there.

I think house prices could be low as 1995 levels in the light of recent news.

Edited by notanewmember

An extraordinarily prescient interview, as it turns out.

I liked the part where FP was talking about chains not moving, but life plans will force some sellers to sell at a huge discount & so accelerate the crash. As an anecdote in this vein, last weekend I looked at 3 houses in the same village in Cornwall. The vendors were:

- a greedy Baby Boomer asking twice what his 3 bedroom house is actually worth

- an old lady moving out of her house into residential care

- a young family trapped in a cottage that is too small for them

The EA admitted that his job is to sell houses. He dropped the price of the cottage by £30,000 - WHILE I WAS TALKING TO HIM.

Lights, camera, crash... ;)

Meh.

16th September 07. Already well into credit cruch and Northern Rock going to the wall. Nothing new was being said on that interview that we didn't already know on this forum at that point.

Fair dues to FP for getting his mug on the telly, but prescient he is not.

Very good work by FP, nice to see that his predictions have been pretty well spot on.

May I suggest that we all watch that interview again, but pay attention to the news ticker bar at the bottom of the screen. While FP was firing on all cylinders, Nationwide were giving their "expert" view on what was going to happen to house prices. They said that house price growth would halve in the coming year. :lol::lol::lol:

Listening to FP`s predictions, while reading Nationwide`s "hopes" ........... PRICELESS !