House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
VeryMeanReversion

Market Live Chat On Ft

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2008/07/07...50/markets-live

Includes:

Prices to return to September 2003 levels.

"a 20% house price decline could knock 70% off land values"

Imagine what this will do to the value of builders that have only written off a few % so far.

I offered -60% for some land with permission this year, that's looking far too generous now. I won't do it again.

VMR.

OH snap, so that mortgage book the NR and the soon to be other government bank B&B have aren't even worth the land in the portfolio. That also means the builders shares aren't worth diddly.

Trouble is they are right. For the land to be worth something it needs industry and agriculture mounted on it. Unfortunately it is covered in Chavs and the service sector.

P-O-P

Last lights going out in the FTSE.

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2008/07/07...50/markets-live

Includes:

Prices to return to September 2003 levels.

Where I live prices have already returned to September 2003 levels. Before this is through I'm expecting them to return to 2000 levels. Most of the big rise around here happened between 1998 and 2001/2

Where I live prices have already returned to September 2003 levels. Before this is through I'm expecting them to return to 2000 levels. Most of the big rise around here happened between 1998 and 2001/2

Don't worry I am expecting 98 levels. 1898 that is. Seriously you think sentiment is going to hold everything up? UK has nothing, it isn't worth sh1t. We appointed accountants to top industrial management positions in the 70's and as a consequence have nothing that can't in most cases be done cheaper abroad. What are the strong economic fundamentals you are relying on?

50% from peak, if we are lucky.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

But, but, they're not building any more land, you know.

But, but, they're not building any more land, you know.

There is more land in the NL for tulip planting

than in the 17thC