House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kpszip

Recent Chat With 'investor'

Went in to a major building society the other day just as they were closing, so no other customers around.

Said I wanted to open a particular saving's account.

(I had two clerks to help me, as I said closing time and quiet in there).

They asked if I wanted to buy a house? (guess they thought I didn't have one).

I said no prices were coming down and I was waiting in rented. When prices came donw more I'd jump in.

First lady said she had a flat she recently bough and was looking forward to all the money she would be making when she sold it soon.

Second lady said now was great time to buy, some real bargins around.

When they could see I couldn't be turned the second lady told me she was a property investor with her son. (This is the clerk remember).

She said actually I was probably doing the right thing and they were taking it steady now. (Not sure what she meant)

I found it intresting, though you might to.

Went in to a major building society the other day just as they were closing, so no other customers around.

I was in Halifax a few weeks ago. Clerk was trying to sell her Spanish property, looked like it was going to go through.

I guess the employees of the lenders believed the hype too.

VMR.

When they could see I couldn't be turned the second lady told me she was a property investor with her son. (This is the clerk remember).

She said actually I was probably doing the right thing and they were taking it steady now. (Not sure what she meant)

I found it intresting, though you might to.

How can a building society clerk afford to be a property investor - lie to buy?

There are so many VIs around. This property crap has infected a lot of people and they will never talk down the market. EVER. This lying, artificial boom managed to weasel its way into everything and you'll find people who you think would know better trying to convince you to buy in a falling market.

Everytime I hear or see someone suggesting that the market is not going to tank anywhere like the U.S., guaranteed they have property, are an investor in property or a developer.

Please, buy this worthless thing from me.

Or, please buy an overpriced house, flat anywhere to prop up the market, so I can sell.