House Price Crash Forum
Justice

Inflation Lies And Hard Facts

If today you calculated the price of a new BMW 318i and put this money into a savings account for five years then would you be surprised to find out five years later that you would need to top up your savings to buy that new BMW and that’s before tax is deducted and never mind about making a profit from you savings

InflationChart_21954a.gif

People are forced to speculate just to stand still and inflation ensures that putting money in a savings account is no longer an option and sitting back thinking the state will protect you in your old age is suicide since it’s the state that is lying and robbing you in this rigged game where more and more money needs to be printed to cover the interest payments of previous debt.

M3 money supply is now running in double digits so it’s only logical that the true rate of inflation must be a lagging indicator of the money supply and it’s not a case of inflation being a symptom of rising commodity prices it’s the course of commodity bubble that will eventually collapse.

No I don’t have the answers and we can all speculate as to what tomorrow will bring but as insurance I’ve stacked up on food and a small amount of silver plus reduced all debt and yet I’m feeling very far from safe when I look at all the data.

I sincerely recommend you all spend the time watching these links.

6. What is money

7. Money Creation

14. Bubbles

I started on chapter 14 and found myself going back to the beginning and watching the first 16 chapters and it pretty much confirmed much of what I have learned already in an easy to understand presentation where the viewer can form their own conclusions at the end.

If today you calculated the price of a new BMW 318i and put this money into a savings account for five years then would you be surprised to find out five years later that you would need to top up your savings to buy that new BMW and that’s before tax is deducted and never mind about making a profit from you savings

People are forced to speculate just to stand still and inflation ensures that putting money in a savings account is no longer an option and sitting back thinking the state will protect you in your old age is suicide since it’s the state that is lying and robbing you in this rigged game where more and more money needs to be printed to cover the interest payments of previous debt.

M3 money supply is now running in double digits so it’s only logical that the true rate of inflation must be a lagging indicator of the money supply and it’s not a case of inflation being a symptom of rising commodity prices it’s the course of commodity bubble that will eventually collapse.

No I don’t have the answers and we can all speculate as to what tomorrow will bring but as insurance I’ve stacked up on food and a small amount of silver plus reduced all debt and yet I’m feeling very far from safe when I look at all the data.

6. What is money

7. Money Creation

14. Bubbles

I started on chapter 14 and found myself going back to the beginning and watching the first 16 chapters and it pretty much confirmed much of what I have learned already in an easy to understand presentation where the viewer can form their own conclusions at the end.

I really enjoyed reading the Chris Martenson pieces over the weekend, but I do not agree that inflation is merely a monetary phenomenon. Apart from difficuties of defining money, you have to take into account such things as velocity of circulation etc. and then many causes of inflation lie outside of the monetary realm. When oil increases, it affects virtually everything from transport to agriculture to petroechemcicals.

The fact is that the Conservatives abandoned monetarism as a way of determining policy in 1985, when it became apparent that there was no real observable link between money supply and inflation & output.

6. What is money

7. Money Creation

14. Bubbles

"If today you calculated the price of a new BMW 318i and put this money into a savings account for five years then would you be surprised to find out five years later that you would need to top up your savings to buy that new BMW and that’s before tax is deducted and never mind about making a profit from you savings "

I would be surprised because historically this is not what has happened. is this a U.S. article?

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I really enjoyed reading the Chris Martenson pieces over the weekend, but I do not agree that inflation is merely a monetary phenomenon. Apart from difficuties of defining money, you have to take into account such things as velocity of circulation etc. and then many causes of inflation lie outside of the monetary realm. When oil increases, it affects virtually everything from transport to agriculture to petroechemcicals.

The fact is that the Conservatives abandoned monetarism as a way of determining policy in 1985, when it became apparent that there was no real observable link between money supply and inflation & output.

I'd like to suggest that there is clearly and obviously a link between credit supply and a perceived increase in house value.

It's not monetarism to say that inflation is the money siupply and othing else - it's austrian economics and it's the best theory so far found for the boom/bust cycle.

The problem of measuring the money supply is an easy one - the bankers are all fraudulently claiming that all sorts of things are money which aren't but people believe them and this buggers up any statistics you might want to assemble. (Oh and moetarists were just using a plausible excuse to raid the public purse via inflation ust like all government parasites do.)

Make money gold or silver and measuring money is easy - you just count up all the gold there is, weigh it and you are done. Paper money isn't so easy to measure because it's all myth and lies.

I disagree with this the reason there wasnt any link was due to companies becoming more efficent with economies of scale.

I disagree with this the reason there wasnt any link was due to companies becoming more efficent with economies of scale.

What are you disagreeing with? That the Conservatives abandoned the money supply target as a way of controlling inflation becasuse there was no link? But you say there was no link between money supply and inflation.

Edited by 1929crash

It's not monetarism to say that inflation is the money siupply and othing else - it's austrian economics and it's the best theory so far found for the boom/bust cycle.

The problem of measuring the money supply is an easy one - the bankers are all fraudulently claiming that all sorts of things are money which aren't but people believe them and this buggers up any statistics you might want to assemble. (Oh and moetarists were just using a plausible excuse to raid the public purse via inflation ust like all government parasites do.)

Make money gold or silver and measuring money is easy - you just count up all the gold there is, weigh it and you are done. Paper money isn't so easy to measure because it's all myth and lies.

Well, just tell us what "money" means in the modern economy.

Well, just tell us what "money" means in the modern economy.

Legal tender + anything the bankers can con the gullible public is legal tender.

Thsi will fluctuate madly on a day by day basis.

Legal tender + anything the bankers can con the gullible public is legal tender.

Thsi will fluctuate madly on a day by day basis.

So do you include paying by debit card drawing on money in the bank, loans, purchases on credit cards?

"If today you calculated the price of a new BMW 318i and put this money into a savings account for five years then would you be surprised to find out five years later that you would need to top up your savings to buy that new BMW and that’s before tax is deducted and never mind about making a profit from you savings "

I would be surprised because historically this is not what has happened. is this a U.S. article?

No thats bit was written by me and in effect it's saying it's not just oil, rice and gas that is going up faster then money paid on savings it's just about everything apart from CD players.

All the goverments are lyeing to us about the rate of inflation it's just that some lie less then others.

unemployment is another example and saying the UK only has a million or so unemployed is about as beleivable as the officil 9/11 story.

So do you include paying by debit card drawing on money in the bank, loans, purchases on credit cards?

Nope. When you do that, no money changes hands - the bankers just lie to you and say it has.

How long does this work?

Only as long as people mistakenly perceive it to be legal tender. Thie amount that they do this varies enormously day to day.

Nope. When you do that, no money changes hands - the bankers just lie to you and say it has.

How long does this work?

Only as long as people mistakenly perceive it to be legal tender. Thie amount that they do this varies enormously day to day.

But money in the bank, loans and credit cards can be used to buy things, so they are money. In fact they are a lot more important than cash - or legal tender as you call it.

But money in the bank, loans and credit cards can be used to buy things, so they are money. In fact they are a lot more important than cash - or legal tender as you call it.

*Takes seat*

*waits for the fun to start*

If today you calculated the price of a new BMW 318i and put this money into a savings account for five years, you could then in buy the BMW for about 20% of your saving and you would probably have a decent car to run about in for a few years.

Nope.

They aren't money, any more than a picture of cheese is cheese.

They take the place of legal tender only for as long as they are accepted and they do not have to be, which is my point about the money supply. If people stop taking banker lies tomorrow morning, the money supply drops to £60bn on notes and coins. As long as the general public accept banker lies, the money supply is -

1) Completely unknowable

2) Completely variable

It's impossible to do what the monetarists proposed to do with a fiat currency when there are licensed fraudsters in every town in the country counterfeiting random amounts of "money" at whim..

Nope.

They aren't money, any more than a picture of cheese is cheese.

They take the place of legal tender only for as long as they are accepted and they do not have to be, which is my point about the money supply. If people stop taking banker lies tomorrow morning, the money supply drops to £60bn on notes and coins. As long as the general public accept banker lies, the money supply is -

1) Completely unknowable

2) Completely variable

It's impossible to do what the monetarists proposed to do with a fiat currency when there are licensed fraudsters in every town in the country counterfeiting random amounts of "money" at whim..

I cannot refute your argument because gibberish is irrefutable. :rolleyes:

I cannot refute your argument because gibberish is irrefutable. :rolleyes:

Ok mate, whatever. Have some of the substance that you just claimed was money -

£1,000,000

Use it wisely.

Ok mate, whatever. Have some of the substance that you just claimed was money -

£1,000,000

Use it wisely.

I didn't claim that typing £1,000,000 on a discussion board was money. You lose the argument so you resort to misrepresentation.

If today you calculated the price of a new BMW 318i and put this money into a savings account for five years, you could then in buy the BMW for about 20% of your saving and you would probably have a decent car to run about in for a few years.

More like 30%

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/...86&plate=73

I would have thought that credit card payments were not money, merely the promise of future money, which may not have been printed yet.

I didn't claim that typing £1,000,000 on a discussion board was money. You lose the argument so you resort to misrepresentation.

The banks win money by misrepresentation.

It's exactly the same in reality. I win because facts > idiocy.

*Takes seat*

*waits for the fun to start*

Popcorn ready , beer cooling :lol:

The banks win money by misrepresentation.

It's exactly the same in reality. I win because facts > idiocy.

Ah! I get it! Stanley Unwin used to speak in this manner. B)