House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Some Action Going On In The Currency Markets

This sort of thing happens fairly often doesn't it? A one day fall isn't neccessarily the end of the world. If it falls and keeps falling over a protracted period then there may be concern.

Industrial production YoY -1.6%

Manufacturing production YoY - 0.8%

Wot done it - below estimates.

Although if you change the chart view to week or month it tells a different picture (but less exciting).

http://www.fxstreet.com/news/forex-news/ar...f8-7dbfb86b478c

"The sharp fall in U.K. manufacturing output adds to recent evidence that the U.K. economy is perilously close to recession," said Paul Dales, an economist at Capital Economics.
Edited by Red Kharma

Only seems like a week ago sterling was dropping like a stone. Soon be $2 again. A week is a long time in these markets.

It's the USD that's dropping. Along with Freddie and Fannie. $1.60 to the Euro by close of play?

The Pound keeps melting up against the $USD and down against the Euro and don't forget the pound was once worth $4.

RB lets wait untill we see real direction

One GBP will drop to 1.10 Euros ready for Brown to scrap the pound and join the euro (If they will have us) even if 99.9% of the population don't want the euro.

The drop against the euro is my fault. I changed another 20,000 euros into pounds this week. This happens every time I swap some of my euro stash for sterling, without fail. :rolleyes:

The drop against the euro is my fault. I changed another 20,000 euros into pounds this week. This happens every time I swap some of my euro stash for sterling, without fail. :rolleyes:

I musy shoulder some blame also...I went to Dublin and spent quite alot on Guiness....the £ has tanked since :lol:

Edited by VedantaTrader

Please wake me up when the Euro reaches 87p

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz