House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sinking Feeling

Anyone Else Noticed It Becoming Harder To Post Comments On News Sites?

I have noticed over the past 3 weeks that none of my comments get published on times online or any of the other newspaper sites. While they may not have published everything I sent, I would expected at one time about 2 out of every 3.

Now none of my comments are offensive or derogatory, they are simple statements of fact or occasionally what I might consider to be relevant points that should be addressed.

I have noticed recently one or two other people have had more problems. I get the impression that it was used to be easy to publish our comments when they represented the views of a lunatic fringe, now those comments are coming true any new comments are seen as dangerous.

Anyone else noticed this change or is it just me? I am honestly starting to feel that my email address has been blacklisted.

I have noticed over the past 3 weeks that none of my comments get published on times online or any of the other newspaper sites. While they may not have published everything I sent, I would expected at one time about 2 out of every 3.

Now none of my comments are offensive or derogatory, they are simple statements of fact or occasionally what I might consider to be relevant points that should be addressed.

I have noticed recently one or two other people have had more problems. I get the impression that it was used to be easy to publish our comments when they represented the views of a lunatic fringe, now those comments are coming true any new comments are seen as dangerous.

Anyone else noticed this change or is it just me? I am honestly starting to feel that my email address has been blacklisted.

We're all on Krusty's media blacklist. :o

We're all on Krusty's media blacklist. :o

Pretty obvious from today. ;)

Yes, I've noticed this on the Times. The Mail also seems to invite comments, but never publish any.

Could newspapers compare the ISPs of posters with people who post on here, or have some kind of blacklist - or is that just paranoia?

I suspect it's more likely that they are being deluged with angry emails and just can't cope.

I suspect it's more likely that they are being deluged with angry emails and just can't cope.

I agree, its simply they can't see the factual, tolerant, comments because its drowned out by nutters ranting and having arguments with each other.

Also the nutters always assume they're being censored and complain loudly about it. (Don't mean you AA, you'll have to rant and froth at the mouth a lot before they'll print your stuff.) He who shouts loudest...

Yep...noticed the same thing. It appears that our masters have decided that we unruly peasants shouldn't be heard. When the revolution comes...

Seriously though, any niggling doubts I had that we might not be mushrooms have been blown clean away in the past few years. Truly depressing. Our information distribution system (the "meeja") is aimed at keeping the population ignorant. With this as it is, there is little hope for the world.