Housing slumps are here to stay

Altogether shout it now

There's no one

Who can doubt it now

So let's tell the world about it now

Housing Slumps are here to stay....

etc etc etc....

bit out of date unless i drove through a worm hole on my way here

I've sussed you out - you're a trekkie! ;)

I loved this bit:

"Answering a series of questions from readers, Ms Harman came across exactly as you’d expect a New Labour MP to come across – arrogant, bristlingly defensive at any hint of criticism, and also frighteningly ignorant".

I loved this bit:

"Answering a series of questions from readers, Ms Harman came across exactly as you’d expect a New Labour MP to come across – arrogant, bristlingly defensive at any hint of criticism, and also frighteningly ignorant".

I read the Indy piece, and I think "frighteningly ignorant" etc is understating things.

Apart from the war she won't apologise for, and all the other things that have gone disastrously wrong, I find her attitude to the oldest profession (no, not politics) fascinating. It seems that she genuinely believes that by criminalising heterosexual men who pay for sex she can cause prostitution to cease. New Labour actually believes that it can abolish the sexual urge! Bromide in the water supply is planned, no doubt. :unsure:

Edited by 1929crash

And this bit:

When asked by one reader if it was true that she had remortgaged her house to fund her campaign to become deputy leader, she answered: “Yes. And I trust Alistair Darling will keep interest rates low!”

We’re always complaining about financial literacy, or the lack of it, in this country. But when even a member of the cabinet doesn’t know who’s responsible for adjusting the country’s most important economic variable – in case you’re reading Harriet, it’s Mervyn King, the governor of the Bank of England - then what hope is there for everyone else?

I just reckon she's thick as s*it!

And this bit:

When asked by one reader if it was true that she had remortgaged her house to fund her campaign to become deputy leader, she answered: “Yes. And I trust Alistair Darling will keep interest rates low!”

We’re always complaining about financial literacy, or the lack of it, in this country. But when even a member of the cabinet doesn’t know who’s responsible for adjusting the country’s most important economic variable – in case you’re reading Harriet, it’s Mervyn King, the governor of the Bank of England - then what hope is there for everyone else?

I just reckon she's thick as s*it!

Well spotted! And to think that the BoE independence business has been the main plank of New Labour's economic policy.