House Price Crash Forum
Fudge

For Sale/ For Rent

Well that was a damn good Wimbledon final!

I have been look forward all week to watching George Gently.

******ing tennis.

I don't know, you crash-obsessed geekolas!

If you can't take the time out to watch a once in a lifetime titanic mental and physical struggle between the two greatest rubber ball based gladiators of our time then what's it all about, Alfie?

Come the great crash there won't be any of this grand theatre. Just betting on cockroach racing, or Russian roulette with your last shell.

Edited by mirage

I saw a Savilles sign today, with two rain sodden ballons hanging from it. There was a little arrow pointing and it said 'open day'. :lol:

Just asking for an internet "flash mob" party :ph34r:

I don't know, you crash-obsessed geekolas!

If you can't take the time out to watch a once in a lifetime titanic mental and physical struggle between the two greatest rubber ball based gladiators of our time then what's it all about, Alfie?

Come the great crash there won't be any of this grand theatre. Just betting on cockroach racing, or Russian roulette with your last shell.

What a truly great day for sport...the most entertaining GP at Silverstone for many years followed by a memorable final at Wimbledon...just couldn't wait for it to end so that I could log in to HPC...life hey.

Quite a few in Fulham. Also quite a few that were for sale and then became to let. And finally more and more that start as to let with one agency and ends with two or three to let agency signs.

The first rule of selling - 1 sign gets the point across. Two (or more!) makes you look desperate.

As a renter I wouldn't touch a place that was also for sale with a barge pole as clearly the landlord to be may sell under you, is in dire financial straits, about to be repossessed or a newbie that will need probably need training in the law around renting (or all four).

As a buyer more than one sign (whether multi-EA or rent/sale) again suggests desperation so worth waiting to pick up a bargain from the distressed seller at a later stage.

Anyone else seeing new signs with For Rent and For Sale on the same sign?

Plenty with a for sale *and* a to rent sign, but so far not noticed both on one sign, I have to admit.

Up until a few months ago, there were few of either in Islington, now they're all over the place!

Rent ones especially, I can't recall seeing any for years round here.

These signs have For Sale and For Rent on. I had to do a double take when I saw the first. I have since seen another one.

They look odd. They have adapted a For Sale sign and the bit where For Sale can be changed to Sold they have put

To Let.

The houses were previously up for sale and have been on the market for some time.

There is a new-build in Manchester, about 10 houses, no curtains, and look unfinished (white tape on windows). They all have For Sale and seperate To Let signs but all with the same EA.

Have been empty for 12 months - looks like a brand new ghost town.

Went to look at a rental place on Saturday. The agent said that the landlord couldn't sell so was looking to rent until the 'current crisis blows over'. I wanted to say that they'd have a long wait but couldn't be bothered arguing with the agent. I asked out of interest how the sales market was , she said that she normally did sales but was no doing rental as she had all the time in the world to show people around. so that must be bad then. Oops