House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jonpo

Henley Royal Regatta

Apart for the irrepressible number of immaculately turned out posh girls and boys at this years henley royal regatta I couldn't help notice there seemed to be more boats than usual for sale...

I particular there was one outrageously priced one for #97,000...

difficult to quantify I know...

no one is immune though...

Edited by jonpo

Henley in the last couple of years has really gone downhill, evenings on the town are frequently spoilt by youths getting drunk & causing trouble on mummy & daddy's money.

I was surprised at first to hear about the number of deaths & violent assaults though now it's pretty much the norm for the town.

Apart for the irrepressible number of immaculately turned out posh girls and boys at this years henley royal regatta I couldn't help notice there seemed to be more boats than usual for sale...

I particular there was one outrageously priced one for #97,000...

difficult to quantify I know...

no one is immune though...

Funny you should say that...

Just been on AutoTrader to check out the prices of Ferrari 360's and F430's - after some thread I saw on here a couple of days ago said that car prices weren't falling. I'm pretty staggered at how much prices have fallen in the last 6 months. So much for the rich staying rich.

Nomadd

Funny you should say that...

Just been on AutoTrader to check out the prices of Ferrari 360's and F430's - after some thread I saw on here a couple of days ago said that car prices weren't falling. I'm pretty staggered at how much prices have fallen in the last 6 months. So much for the rich staying rich.

Nomadd

Cars will most certainly take a hammering, on the news yesterday in the US the value of SUV has fallen sharpley and with the cost of fuel and RFL rising significantly the price of second hand cars will fall. With one exception possibly, cheap respectable cars will fall but not as much as people will be happy to downsize into them. I knew somebody who did well in the last recession dealing in cars at the £2.5k to £4k end of the market

Cars will most certainly take a hammering, on the news yesterday in the US the value of SUV has fallen sharpley and with the cost of fuel and RFL rising significantly the price of second hand cars will fall. With one exception possibly, cheap respectable cars will fall but not as much as people will be happy to downsize into them. I knew somebody who did well in the last recession dealing in cars at the £2.5k to £4k end of the market

I remember if the early 90s going past car yards full of Jags ... today it will be BMW's....

I remember if the early 90s going past car yards full of Jags ... today it will be BMW's....

....and Range Rovers! Not to mention all the surplus vans and lorries that will be going cheap.

Henley in the last couple of years has really gone downhill, evenings on the town are frequently spoilt by youths getting drunk & causing trouble on mummy & daddy's money.

I was surprised at first to hear about the number of deaths & violent assaults though now it's pretty much the norm for the town.

I was there at the weekend. The last time I went was in 1996, and there seemed to be far more drunken yobs around then than this time. That could be partly due to me being in the Steward's Enclosure rather than the Remenham Farm, but there didn't seem to be that many wandering the towpaths either.