House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Injin

Government Asks Stores To Stockpile Food

Ministers are in talks with supermarkets about emergency food reserves in case fuel protests lead to shortages at shops.

The government wants to ensure retailers and suppliers can continue to sell basics such as meat, bread and milk if hauliers bring the country to a halt.

They have asked supermarkets to make contingency plans “in case the infrastructure of the country breaks down”.

Among those who have taken part are farmers, dairies, bakeries and supermarkets.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle4276490.ece

The government wants to ensure retailers and suppliers can continue to sell basics such as meat, bread and milk if hauliers bring the country to a halt.

Too funny.

Are they planning to abolish 'Sell By' dates?

Think there might be a few cases of 'haulier's chicken' breaking out at surgeries soon.

Too funny.

Until the early 1990s the government held secret food stocks, typically biscuits, flour and other dry foodstuffs, in grain sheds around the country.

A lot more sensible than meat and milk, but you wouldn't expect sense from this bunch of nincompoops. I wonder if they mothballed the old storage facilities, or sold the sites for luxury apartment developments?

If local shops and traditional town centres had not been destroyed by government planning laws backing up the supermarket chains there would not be so much of a problem.

I'm off panic buying first thing in the morning. Gonna bury it in the garden in case the neighbours find out I've got it.

Too funny.

Think there might be a few cases of 'haulier's chicken' breaking out at surgeries soon.

Don't be daft. A little known provision of the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 allows the Government, by way of an Order in Council, to suspend the laws of nature.

So they stockpile in some wherehouses.

The Hauliers are on strike.

Erm,, how do they move the stuff?

Guest KingCharles1st

Now I'm scared......

They can't understand how bad the hauliers are hurting, they just don't understand. This Government are wreckless beyond belief.

Don't be daft. A little known provision of the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 allows the Government, by way of an Order in Council, to suspend the laws of nature.

"Reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."

My private food supplies that i was storing in the attick has just been raided by mice.

i put rice and such like in plastic bags but they found it so it's in the bin now.

lesson learnt but i've still got plenty of tins and will be more carefull next time.

1 year time i can see Gordon Clown, or alister Darling saying

We are currently subsidising Cows, Chickens, Sheep, goats by 50% to allow every household to buy 1 of each, this will allow every household to fend for them selves.

Cows to be used for milk production only, this will cut the cost of milk as you wont need ot buy it in the shops, this will also help accheive recycling quota's as milk bottles/cartons wont be need to be recycled.these are not for eating.

Chickens for producing Eggs, Delian Smith will do a 5 minitue program to be aired evey 3 hours to show oyu new and interesting ways to cook an egg, first episode how to boil an egg. packaging/recycling as Cows

Sheep for producing wool, making jumpers etc, over 65's will get 2 for winter so they can make x1 moe jumpers etc. this will help illeviate energy bills for heating and our dependancy on coal,oil power stations

goats - for cutting grass, reducing our dependancy on fuels etc, also for producing milk for the lactose intollerant

we will also show you how to make vegitables.

we urge the country that we need to be vegitarians.

if you want anythnig extra luxuries we will be increasing VAT on these from 17.5% to 100%

this is for the better of the country

Guest happy?
My private food supplies that i was storing in the attick has just been raided by mice.

i put rice and such like in plastic bags but they found it so it's in the bin now.

lesson learnt but i've still got plenty of tins and will be more carefull next time.

You should have put it in a bin in the first place - a rodent-proof container is essential for any dried goods and a bin (with a secure lid) makes an excellent container. Personally, I wouldn't store foodstuffs in the attic as the temperature/humidity range is too unstable - boiling hot in the day and near freezing at night. Try and find somewhere cool and dark with a relatively stable temperature range - under the stairs is better than nothing.

So they stockpile in some wherehouses.

The Hauliers are on strike.

Erm,, how do they move the stuff?

Military.

One truck for the population, and two for Prescott

:lol:

Normally supermarkets operate on the basis of “just in time” deliveries, designed to cut waste by ensuring supplies just match demand. :o

The government is keen to ensure stocks of essentials do not run out if the system is derailed because lorries cannot make their usual deliveries.

Phew, that's a relief! <_<