House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mirage

New Crash Course Chapter Is Online - Bubbles!

Have just watched it. Very good and well done. Shall have to go back and watch the other chapters.

Thanks for the link. :)

6 minutes 58 seconds in - LMAO! :lol:

That did amuse me too!

That graph is quite a different shape to our one on the HPC front page. I'd like to see one for the UK over a similarly long timescale.

Also watch chapter 14 - Assets & Demographics

Very good video about the future of property values in the long term as a result of falling birth rates.

I should get out more :lol:

So whats the prediction for the UK ? Drying up of easy credit or collapse of the financial system ?

Brilliant guy ..!!

His predictions have a global flavour. The credit system is pretty much global, and (although he has yet to publish the chapters on these topics) he is arguing that this catastrophe will collide with the other two global catastrophes - namely peak oil and global warming. :o

If the bottom is 2015, according to symmetry of prices, thats a friggin 7 years away. . And considering all our wealth, our economy is based on housing, its a disaster. Its not a recession, its going to have to be a depression.

If the bottom is 2015, according to symmetry of prices, thats a friggin 7 years away. . And considering all our wealth, our economy is based on housing, its a disaster. Its not a recession, its going to have to be a depression.

I'm not so sure about the symmetry of bubbles. Tulip mania wasn't symmetrical and neither quite was the 1929 crash.

There is a slighly shallower lead-up period. I don't see why there isn't the potential for a more rapid decline.

Anyone see the tennis? T'was amazing.

Edited by mirage