House Price Crash Forum

World Houseprices

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Remember almost 2 3rds world cant even get a mortgage, or afford even the 1st monthly payment.

The Baltics and Bulgaria, big time falls. Just read yesterday China property is now falling fast.

<Edit: Add South Africa, 20% falls, France just started>

Edited by williamdb

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Waydaminute!

Are you saying that this is a....

Global House Price Crash?

The monetary and property investment excesses of the last 10 years were global , the financial system is global. More likely than not the credit crunch is / will be global and so will the HPC.

Those who excusively blame Brown & Co. for what is happening are missing the bigger picture.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
The monetary and property investment excesses of the last 10 years were global , the financial system is global. More likely than not the credit crunch is / will be global and so will the HPC.

Someone should set up a website about that!

HOLA4411

Those who excusively blame Brown & Co. for what is happening are missing the bigger picture.

Yeah, brown is innocent, it is just a crash of major proportions.

HOLA4412
Yeah, brown is innocent, it is just a crash of major proportions.

I wouldn't go that far. At best he failed to foresee the problems and enthusiastically ramped the boom for political popularity (or to keep Labour in long enough that he could nab Blair's job).

I don't think his spending spree on the public sector was anything other than a genuine attempt to improve the conditions of the less well off. Not sure it was entirely successful or affordable though.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
I wouldn't go that far. At best he failed to foresee the problems and enthusiastically ramped the boom for political popularity (or to keep Labour in long enough that he could nab Blair's job).

I don't think his spending spree on the public sector was anything other than a genuine attempt to improve the conditions of the less well off. Not sure it was entirely successful or affordable though.

Thats the way i see it, but his mates are the ones to blame.

HOLA4415

Agreed. The most generous thing you could say of him is that he was an 'innocent bystander'. Only problem is it was his job to do something about it.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417