House Price Crash Forum

Be Careful What You Wish For

Guest pioneer31
Fishman as this thread illustrates this forum is a honey pot to the delusional fringe of the online internet community.

I have been on this forum for 3 month, .

So what's keeping you here?

Edited by pioneer31
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fishman as this thread illustrates this forum is a honey pot to the delusional fringe of the online internet community.

Delusional fringe? What are you on about you big numpty? This forum has been trying to warn the delusional masses of the imminent house price crash for years.

You can take comfort with the thought that when the market bottoms out the lunatic fringe here will be too busy counting their emergency cans of corned beef and weighing their pile of rice, they will miss the bottom of the market and then spend the next 5 years telling themselves it is just a dead cat bounce.

That would be Schadenfraude. Pot black calling kettle the.

I too find it utterly bizzarre that on the whole, people who visit and contribute to this website called HPC.CO.UK actually welcome a huge fall in house prices, Freaks me out everytime I log in :blink:

Also a huge thanks for the warning as I for one would rather take advice from someone who is new to this mad forum as opposed to others that contribute and share information on a daily basis. Some of these idiots have been on here for years and although in the main, many, many if not most of the predictions have come true.

Pure luck if you ask me ;) Don`t worry it`s probably a blip and I for one think Kirsty is misunderstood by the ignorant villains on this forum.

AWOOGA My friend

You've been freaking us out for years wishing for and enjoying HPI. :lol:

Guest ponder
Isn't that where Krusty encourages BTL'ers to rub their hands with glee, at the prospect of 'housing' yet another priced out family, whilst themselves enjoying the benefits of ownership?

A crash is a BTL paradise just think of all the chaep houses they will buy up before this ends.

I think one of the main things to come out of this is rental is going to be a norm in the future (like the old days).

Money makes money you will find out there will be even more landlords after this crash. It is no longer the domain of the elite few.

The realms of 40-50% would be catastrophic for EVERBODY - whether homeowner or not

So the financially illterate, the greedy, the property rampers etc may have doomed us all.

And people are calling for the financially responsible and the disenfranchised to feel sympathy for them? Unbelievable.

They should be made to wear sackcloth and ashes for what they may have done to EVERYBODY.

Guest pioneer31
A crash is a BTL paradise just think of all the chaep houses they will buy up before this ends.

Oh god, is something going to enlighten this guy?

I'm bored of repeating myself :rolleyes:

Just thought I’d post my thoughts.

I’m a little perturbed by the reaction of some folk who are taking obvious

delight in the crumbling housing market.

Schadenfreude at it’s ugliest.

However, the contraction of the value of most people’s largest asset should not to

be taken lightly.

OK, some BTL’ers jumped on the easy-money wagon and are now getting their digits well and truly singed.

But for most, equity in one’s home is the barometer of financial security.

Erode this and you erode the confidence that allows homeowners to buy goods and services that pays wages for millions of people.

The whole UK economy has drifted towards this dependency on housing equity. A 20% correction will be painful but probably manageable.

The realms of 40-50% would be catastrophic for EVERBODY - whether homeowner or not.

So yes a 3 bed semi in the south east for £100k may sound like a fantastic deal but if you’re unemployed it might as well be £500k as regards affordability.

Be careful what you wish for.

Being able to buy a property in cash for 100k, after the 60% crash is over is a great position to be in. Lets see this mother burn - quickly!!

Who cares about unemployment............ :blink::blink:

I think one of the main things to come out of this is rental is going to be a norm in the future (like the old days).

Money makes money you will find out there will be even more landlords after this crash. It is no longer the domain of the elite few.

I guess the dot com crash saw you buying lots of shares in that paradise?

Renting will not be the norm, fewer will rent as they will be able to afford to buy. (With 15% deposit) Existing landlords will be burnt so bad that for the next decade no one will get into btl as it would be considered sheer stupidity.

We are very close to the point where BTL mortgages are a thing of the past :D

Maybe the next boom will be in solar panals, or electric powered cars or maybe something unexpected.

erm I think you'll find that the landlords of the future will be a very small subset of the landlords of today - the ones with over 50% equity in their btl empire. What proprtion of current BTLers do you think that is? I like to call them the elite few

Yup - money makes money

bullsh1t valuations dont even make good fertiliser

Edited by sbn
we can only hope when you have a family and house that it all hapens again (which it will) and you are one of the loosers perhaps then you may feel a bit more simpathetic.

In the mean time grow up!

Don't get angry ponder, you'll make yourself [sic].

Oh, you already have. Repeatedly.

Guest ponder
I guess the dot com crash saw you buying lots of shares in that paradise?

Renting will not be the norm, fewer will rent as they will be able to afford to buy. (With 15% deposit) Existing landlords will be burnt so bad that for the next decade no one will get into btl as it would be considered sheer stupidity.

We are very close to the point where BTL mortgages are a thing of the past :D

Maybe the next boom will be in solar panals, or electric powered cars or maybe something unexpected.

Wrong the ones who will survive will grow bigger the history of any boom bust cycle home ownership is now a buiness!

To go back to the dotcome buble most lost but the ones that survive have grown and grown EBAY anyone!

Dont forget that boom was boyed by the stock markets and company overvaluations. So where are you putting your cash again! :lol:

Wrong the ones who will survive will grow bigger the history of any boom bust cycle home ownership is now a buiness!

To go back to the dotcome buble most lost but the ones that survive have grown and grown EBAY anyone!

Dont forget that boom was boyed by the stock markets and company overvaluations. So where are you putting your cash again! :lol:

I know where I'd like to put it!

Guest ponder
Don't get angry ponder, you'll make yourself [sic].

Oh, you already have. Repeatedly.

angry just enjoying a jape with some sados! back to your bedrooms. But no tampering with the firewall you know you should not be looking at that. it will fall off.

At what point of this process did ANGER kick in? I think we are there now.

Really grim housing/Economy news in the mainstream media now and all of a sudden we have an influx of angry newbie/trolls attacking this forum.

The title of this thread is the honey pot and for some reason they see this thread as perfect opportunity to vent some anger and in some cases completely swim against the tide.

The term Bull is pretty much redundant, Now we have the angry Trolls, not the silly, argumentative Trolls but the bitter unprepared type.

Game on :ph34r:

Edited by Bosh
My typing may not be the best, buta t least I understand the use of the comma.

It could be argued that use of the co-ordinating conjunction but was sufficient to separate the two clauses in this sentence and the comma was unnecessary. However, the comma did no harm, and like LTV's below 50%, a wise precaution for those with the wherewithal in these troubled times.

Guest pioneer31

Dont forget that boom was boyed by the stock markets and company overvaluations. So where are you putting your cash again!

Illiterate, innumerate.

New Labour have a lot to answer for.

Edited by pioneer31

Don't worry folks, one needs to use the appropriate dialect for this jolly little scamp. Please allow me this indulgence...

angry just enjoying a jape with some sados! back to your bedrooms. But no tampering with the firewall you know you should not be looking at that. it will fall off.

YEH LIKE JAPES IZ DA BOMB!!! DO NO GO TEH M4D 1337 5K1LLZ 2 DIS DA FIREWALL SO NO FALL!!!

MY UNDAPANTZ IZ 2 TIYT SO I GOT 2 GO NOW

L8RS DUDE

You've been freaking us out for years wishing for and enjoying HPI. :lol:

JS,,, read my post again :lol: You misunderstood my sarcasm :P

Circle the wagons, we have a breach of angry trolls and try not to shoot each other :ph34r: