House Price Crash Forum

Englands Best Towns / Cities To Live In

Guest negativeequity

ANYWHERE apart from Luton. Prices are dropping so fast there that houses will only be worth 30k by the end of the year.

And Luton has an ENORMOUS sex-crime rate, terrible public services, the longest hospital waiting lists in Europe, and at least 12 know serial killers who stalk the concrete malls of Luton by night...

NOT a nice place, at any price. No wonder prices are plummeting in Luton.

That excludes Luton then. Highest proportion of gun crime in the UK after Nottingham, more chavs per square foot than a Burberry convention, and 8 pre-teen pregnancies for every class in the Luton area.

Christ. I'd rather have my kidneys removed without surgery than move to Luton.

And to top it off, pices there are falling like a lead balloon...

I live in St Albans,

Not a bad area.... not that much to do but 25mins from kings cross.

not quite towns but areas...cheating a bit i know

didsbury - manchester

chorlton green - manchester

and luton obviously! actually i've never been to luton but by all accounts its just as well!!

:lol:

Guest negativeequity
I live in St Albans,

Not a bad area.... not that much to do but 25mins from kings cross.

not quite towns but areas...cheating a bit i know

didsbury - manchester

chorlton green - manchester

and luton obviously! actually i've never been to luton but by all accounts its just as well!!

:lol:

Good recommendations.

Take the negative posts about Luton with a pinch of salt. Dozens of them have been posted by CRASHISUNDERWAY.

CRASHISUNDERWAY has a VI that he has not yet declared why he is so anti-Luton.

CRASHISUNDERWAY views on Luton are tragically distorted by an unfortunate experience he had in a public toilet in his home town with some one who claimed they were from Luton. With out going into details lets just say he didn't sit down for a week.

The mere mention of Luton results in CRASHISUNDERWAY spewing a torrent of negative posts.

However the medication and counselling is helping him come to terms with everything.

You really are *very* thick, aren't you, Negative Box.

Let me spell it out for you, dumbo.

The reason why i keep taking the p!ss out of LUTON (world's worst town here's proof LUTON SUX is because YOU keep banging on about how great it is, how you can get a 2 bed house in a 'nice' area' for only £5 , its only 20 yards from London etc etc etc yada yada yada.

You come across like a deranged Estate agent from the LUTON (sh!thole) area, and that's something definitely not needed anywhere, let alone here. What you are trying to do is no different from 'share tip spamming' where underpaid bozos without a proper job spam every stock-related newsgroup they can find with 'super tips' about 'hot rising stocks'. Which DON'T RISE. Surprise

Understand now? And btw, what's your obsession with public toilets? (although I did hear that Luton is famous as a uk center for 'cottaging' whatever that is).

And btw btw, show us some rightmove properties that are as good as you claim, and post alink to an independent source offering wage stats in Luton, or f*ck off.

Guest negativeequity
You really are *very* thick, aren't you, Negative Box.

Let me spell it out for you, dumbo.

The reason why i keep taking the p!ss out of LUTON (world's worst town here's proof LUTON SUX is because YOU keep banging on about how great it is, how you can get a 2 bed house in a 'nice' area' for only £5 , its only 20 yards from London etc etc etc yada yada yada.

You come across like a deranged Estate agent from the LUTON (sh!thole) area, and that's something definitely not needed anywhere, let alone here. What you are trying to do is no different from 'share tip spamming' where underpaid bozos without a proper job spam every stock-related newsgroup they can find with 'super tips' about 'hot rising stocks'. Which DON'T RISE. Surprise

Understand now? And btw, what's your obsession with public toilets? (although I did hear that Luton is famous as a uk center for 'cottaging' whatever that is).

And btw btw, show us some rightmove properties that are as good as you claim, and post alink to an independent source offering wage stats in Luton, or f*ck off.

Hi Crashisnderway

Thank you for your wonderful "chav" style post CRASHISUNDERWAY complete with swear words. It is fantastic that you are coming to terms with your Luton phobia after that terrible incident you suffered. Can you sit down for long periods now ?

In answer to your question. WEll CRASHISUNDERWAY. I have just been on rightmove.co.uk

searched in on Luton houses under 140,000 which FTB couples on 20K each or single people on 30K with a 15K deposit could buy at 3- 4 times salary ie comfortably.

It has brought up 750 properties less than 140,000 in Luton ( a town 30-40 minutes from London, on the M 1, some of these houses back on to Bedfordshire countryside, some of these houses are in affluent areas and sit along side £500,000 properties. )

WEll I think I have proven my point their is affordable good housing for FTB in the S.E hence there will be no HPC.

"searched in on Luton houses under 140,000 which FTB couples on 20K each or single people on 30K with a 15K deposit could buy at 3- 4 times salary ie comfortably."

Do you have this on 'quick cut and paste' on your 'Estate Agents EZ 1st PC' keybaord??

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you look to everyone reading the forum?

And btw, LOVED the bit where you somehow managed to equate a few mythical search results in rightmove with a conclusion that prices won't drop. Classic estate agent stuff!

Anyone still in any doubt who this clown actually is? :-)

It must really p you off 'Negative Equity' when you try so hard to pretend you are a bear, yet within 3 or 4 posts, your own writing style exposes your real identity YET AGAIN!

Keep trying! Maybe you can eventually come up with a 'personality' we can't see thru immediately! (tip - try pretending you are from Nova Scotia next time!)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And Luton has an ENORMOUS sex-crime rate, terrible public services, the longest hospital waiting lists in Europe, and at least 12 know serial killers who stalk the concrete malls of Luton by night...

Why don't the Police arrest these 'known' serial killers then? Do people in Luton walk down the road and say "Look, there's Bob the serial killer over there!", shrug their shoulders and then worry more about whether Tescos will have any bread rolls left?

Hang on a mo, how do you know it is 12 serial killers? Perhaps it is just one with a push-bike? Maybe EVERYONE in Luton, except you, is a serial killer and they are all waiting till this weekend to come round your house at 2.30AM in the morning and... Oh gosh! :o

ANYWHERE apart from Luton. Prices are dropping so fast there that houses will only be worth 30k by the end of the year.

NOT a nice place, at any price. No wonder prices are plummeting in Luton.

:D I've been so silly, I've spent the past day taking you seriously, I now realise how tongue in cheek you are being. I should have realised before - I was just about to ask you to name your sources.
It seems that, Luton apart, York is the most popular choice for the mantle of "best town in England" getting this back on topic

Cardiff if you are under 25, Highgate in London if 25-35, Amersham if over 35. I am only 27 and live not far from Amersham but then I always was an old f&rt by nature :D:D

Broadclyst (just outside exeter) is also a really nice place.

I know a biddy who lives in the old peoples home in amersham (not the old town).

We went to see her and took her fish and chips from the local fishy on the way from Amersham station.

That night, EVEYONE who had eaten that crap got pretty bad food poisoning. From both ends. Nasty. Except the old dear, who has a cast iron wartime gut.

The guy who cooks the fish is cross eyed,and looks like he comes from Luton. B*stard.

I know a biddy who lives in the old peoples home in amersham (not the old town).

We went to see her and took her fish and chips from the local fishy on the way from Amersham station.

That night, EVEYONE who had eaten that crap got pretty bad food poisoning. From both ends. Nasty. Except the old dear, who has a cast iron wartime gut.

The guy who cooks the fish is cross eyed,and looks like he comes from Luton. B*stard.

Err yeah fair point its the old town that is nice. New town is a bit of a cr*p hole.