House Price Crash Forum

The Biggest Joke Rip Off Properties On The Ni Market

mockbavdnk

HOLA441

For a laugh see if you can beat this for a rip off price tag!

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...;p=256BAL060720

Hope the link works, a 2 bedroom mill workers terrace in Comber for a laughable £309, 950, even has an outside toilet described as a high level antique WC.

Also like the bit where the agent describes the commute to Belfast from here as quick and easy. I take it they haven't had to drive down the Upper Newtonards road in rush-hour.

If any one can beat this gem off a rip-off price tag property get it on here!

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
and it was featured in 2 magazines don't forget.

I love the quote:

Ideally suited to the young professional

Professional what? footballer, can you just picture it Yes MR Rooney/Torres/your favourite player

We've got a lovely 'bolt hole' for you in Monaco or Barcelona or Comber! You can just picture it on MTV Cribs!

HOLA445
I love the quote:

Professional what? footballer, can you just picture it Yes MR Rooney/Torres/your favourite player

We've got a lovely 'bolt hole' for you in Monaco or Barcelona or Comber! You can just picture it on MTV Cribs!

If any young "professionals" are stupid enough to consider parting with £300k for a 2 bed terrace with a fancy kitchen then they really need their heads examined, I have found a better option however, a 2 bed terrace in Belfast that has been reduced from £90k to £69k. If you can ignore that the entire street is boarded up and its location in North Belfast will be in the centre of the July Riots, and em also there is no roof!

Check it out on property news--

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...amp;p=PNC181372

I seen these selling about 10 years back for £1,000 and its not really worth more than that now!

HOLA446
HOLA447
What on earth? I especially like the line 'This is a home with superb potential making immediate viewing a must'. For that money,I don't think so!

I think when the agent recommends immediate viewing its probably because they dont expect it to stand up another winter, or perhaps the street is planned for slum clearance, which would probably be the best thing.

HOLA448
I think when the agent recommends immediate viewing its probably because they dont expect it to stand up another winter, or perhaps the street is planned for slum clearance, which would probably be the best thing.

Room for flats in the garden think not, its a communal garden shared with your 90 yer old neighbours!

HOLA449

heres a rip off;

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...amp;p=PNC176278

4th Jun 2008

* Brief Description changed: RENTAL GUARANTEE ON THIS PROPERTY OF £1000 PCM FOR 2 YEARS CPS are delighted to welcome this immaculate townhouse to the open market. This home boasts modern living accommodation over three floors and is notable for its style and external finish. Early viewing

* Price changed: from '£340,000' to '£345,000'

PROPERTY EXPOSES THAT ON THE DAY THE RENTAL GUARANTEE HAS BEEN INTRODUCED THE PRICE WENT UP £5K

JUST KNOCK £100K OFF THE PRICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
that should have read; "PROPERTY BEE EXPOSES THAT ON THE DAY THE RENTAL GUARANTEE HAS BEEN INTRODUCED THE PRICE WENT UP £5K"

£1,000 a month to rent that?? Look at the main pic, I can just imagine the car wars with the neighbors you live practically on top off.

Had a read of the Belfast Telegraph Homefinder this morning (Boy I hate that publication) , some interesting stuff, one investor selling a stack of stuff he has bought within the last 2 years, entitled "Have the credit crunch for breakfast" I am sure he doenst think that!

The Halfax are scared enough to take out a full page listing all which they have SOLD! They dont state what these houses actually went for!!

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I liked the way you increased the price by £5,000 from 340k to 345k then stuck in the rental guarentee...

4th Jun 2008

* Brief Description changed: RENTAL GUARANTEE ON THIS PROPERTY OF £1000 PCM FOR 2 YEARS CPS are delighted to welcome this immaculate townhouse to the open market. This home boasts modern living accommodation over three floors and is notable for its style and external finish. Early viewing

* Price changed: from '£340,000' to '£345,000'

you might want to consider your marketing schemes a bit better now that propertybee is installed in a lot of users firefox browser....go google it if you don't know what property bee is...it tracks price changes automatically and flags any changes up to the user.

...email i sent to CPS :P

Edited by subby

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
i guess they assume they will get £800 a month rent (good luck) and the £5k will cover the shortfall = 24 months@ £200 = £4800

Even with their rental guarantee its a crap "Investment", I am not for for banks for stick your £345,000 in the Halfax, and you will make twice that on interest,

or buy 5 terraces in Liverpool at rent them out for £400 a piece

HOLA4417
What on earth? I especially like the line 'This is a home with superb potential making immediate viewing a must'. For that money,I don't think so!

Absolutely side splitting, I can't wait to phone up and ask for a viewing!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
How about this - house in Killyleagh - on the market for £415,000 or you can rent it for £650 a month...

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...p;p=TRHTRH50843

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...amp;p=TRHREN440

Wow... using that rental ratio calculation from the other thread, that would give this place a mighty 53! Bearing in mind 11-14 is the long term average this house is WAAAAY over priced compared to what it can be rented out for.

Still, look like a lovely house to rent!

HOLA4421

Rental Ratio Calculation is a stupid name for what is the inverse yield.

The yield is the best way to look at this!!!

Still - house looks nice - maybe £650 is too little - but how many people could afford £1,000 per month on rent - seriously?

If the price dropped to £215,000 and the rent rose to £1000/month. The yield would be 5.6% or a rental ratio of ~18. Still expensive.

If the price is right but the rent is supposed to be £1650.month - the yield is 4.77% or a rental ratio of ~19.

What i think is funny that it is "Dating back to 1845, this stone building thought to have once housed the Castle's ground keepers over the years" - do you reckon a gardener could afford the mortgage on this place (£2070 per month interest only with Nationwide's standard 2-year fixed deal)

HOLA4422
Rental Ratio Calculation is a stupid name for what is the inverse yield.

The yield is the best way to look at this!!!

Still - house looks nice - maybe £650 is too little - but how many people could afford £1,000 per month on rent - seriously?

If the price dropped to £215,000 and the rent rose to £1000/month. The yield would be 5.6% or a rental ratio of ~18. Still expensive.

If the price is right but the rent is supposed to be £1650.month - the yield is 4.77% or a rental ratio of ~19.

What i think is funny that it is "Dating back to 1845, this stone building thought to have once housed the Castle's ground keepers over the years" - do you reckon a gardener could afford the mortgage on this place (£2070 per month interest only with Nationwide's standard 2-year fixed deal)

Interesting (and amusing!) figures. It is a strange property market place we're living through at the mo.

£650 is a fair whack for renting still, imo. No doubt this price covers their mortgage payments and gives them some extra back, though. I should imagine they bought the place when the market wasn't as daft. The selling price, however, reflects fully how daft the market is and it looks like they're just playing the game of asking for the "market rate".

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
What's with these prices for Comber - flats at 485k - cottages at half a million - have they struck gold there or found money trees?

Comber cant exactly be described as a nice town to live in, a couple of grim bars, some suspect chinese takeaways and thats it

HOLA4425
Comber cant exactly be described as a nice town to live in, a couple of grim bars, some suspect chinese takeaways and thats it

But it's so close to the ... ahem... most glamorous capital city in the world! Belfast!