House Price Crash Forum

Siege Man's Shock At Armed Police Outside His Home

HOLA441
Knife culture is hyped up by the fear machine called the media <_<

What about beer glasses in face???

I wish knife crime was just hyped up, it's not. Stabbings and slashings happen with awful frequency. My teens tell me that most youngsters carry knives for 'protection'. They seem to think it's not a big deal, just business as usual. A close freind had her throat slashed by one such loony, just for $hits and giggles. He said he was sorry! got off with a caution.

Most city centre pubs serve alcohol in plastic these days.

HOLA442
HOLA443
yeah alwys wondered why they didn't change to plastic on the busy thurs-sun nights. i quite like the taste of a cold beer in a plastic pint... it must be reliving my student days!

A glass can inflict the most horrific injuries and it`s often used to slice up some poor bugger`s face. IMO the beer glass is a potential offensive weapon and should be treated as such. I`ve seen a few people glassed - it`s really, really horrible. Giventhe propensity for getting pi$$ed up over the weekend, there should be some serious limits placed on the availability of alcohol.

TBH, I always found people that light up a spliff tend to be a lot more chilled out than pi$$ed-up people. :rolleyes:;)

Edited by Allah be praised

HOLA444
I wish knife crime was just hyped up, it's not. Stabbings and slashings happen with awful frequency. My teens tell me that most youngsters carry knives for 'protection'. They seem to think it's not a big deal, just business as usual. A close freind had her throat slashed by one such loony, just for $hits and giggles. He said he was sorry! got off with a caution.

Most city centre pubs serve alcohol in plastic these days.

This society has seen an increase in violence.

Perhaps I put my point over in a facile manner. Your friend - and I`m truly sorry to hear that - was slashed and her attacker said sorry and got a caution (which is utterly ridiculous and makes a mockery of the law).

There seems to be an old-fashioned `boys will be boys` attitude to common assault with regards to teenagers and the perception may be that the police wil not do anything if someone is attacked, so `I`ve got to carry a knife / gun etc` because I cannot rely on the law.

I`ve been on the odd night out and I saw one group of `guys` stamping on someone`s head. A police van was nearby but did they get out? No, of course not - it was `too dangerous`. That person could have died, and it was only the intervention of others that broke up the fight. That just sends out the message that the police won`t act in even the most extreme of cases. If you owe money for a parking ticket or fine however.... <_<

Assault (common or otherwise) should be investigated with a uniform approach and not be down to the police`s discretion (I know the CPS decide what to do, but the police are the first port of call for resolving / escalating a crime).

Knives, guns and broken beer glasses can kill. I am flabbergasted that your friend`s assailant got off with only a caution. Under current law he could have been looking at attempted murder, or at least a few years inside. Where was this?

HOLA445
This society has seen an increase in violence.

Perhaps I put my point over in a facile manner. Your friend - and I`m truly sorry to hear that - was slashed and her attacker said sorry and got a caution (which is utterly ridiculous and makes a mockery of the law).

Knives, guns and broken beer glasses can kill. I am flabbergasted that your friend`s assailant got off with only a caution. Under current law he could have been looking at attempted murder, or at least a few years inside. Where was this?

In the U.K. My friend didn't want to press charges as she was too frightened. Sorry state of affairs all round really. Has made her very wary these days.

I honestly think we are seeing a general breakdown of society. So many young people seem to want to aquire status from money and flashy worldly goods. Easy riches we all know has been very, very media led. Superstar lifestyle.

When the desired wealth does not appear through ordinary means, I feel many turn to crime as a means of obtaining wealth or using violence for status.

HOLA446
In the U.K. My friend didn't want to press charges as she was too frightened. Sorry state of affairs all round really. Has made her very wary these days.

I honestly think we are seeing a general breakdown of society. So many young people seem to want to aquire status from money and flashy worldly goods. Easy riches we all know has been very, very media led. Superstar lifestyle.

When the desired wealth does not appear through ordinary means, I feel many turn to crime as a means of obtaining wealth or using violence for status.

Was there no offer of protection from the police or victim support? I can understand your friend`s fear of repercussions, but the authorities should have really banged her attacker up.

Yes, society seems to be breaking down - we have become very materialistic and we are all being pushed way too hard in a 24/7 on-demand culture. It is a very sorry state of affairs, I just hope your friend can somehow get over what must have been a very traumatic experience.

Best Wishes ;)

HOLA447
Was there no offer of protection from the police or victim support? I can understand your friend`s fear of repercussions, but the authorities should have really banged her attacker up.

Yes, society seems to be breaking down - we have become very materialistic and we are all being pushed way too hard in a 24/7 on-demand culture. It is a very sorry state of affairs, I just hope your friend can somehow get over what must have been a very traumatic experience.

Best Wishes ;)

Yeah she's doing O.K. Luckily had very good family support. Victim support was a bit naff tbh, just gave her some stuff on compensation.

Just hope the general picture improves sooner rather than later. House price rises and an overdose of BTL seem to me to have prevented families from putting down roots and building communities.

Maybe when this all bottoms out it will have some positive effects. I live in hope!