House Price Crash Forum

Things I've Learned From This Housing Bubble

HOLA441

IMO a good once the early SRT taught us to their misfortune is that selling just after a crash is cert is better than calling it too early. Sure you might get 10-15% less than the peak which is hard to time a-la 2004/5 but you will not miss out on 100% hpi if it happens.

Some say do the opposite of the sheep, I say just turn a tad before the sheep.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

to get this thread back on track:

123: "Nominal house prices must never fall. To prevent this, competent governments and financial authorities should take any measures, including the destruction of industry, pensions, and all personal savings."

Edit: spelling

Edited by dryrot

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

When you warned complete strangers, to simply help them, of what was about to happen - They abused you.

When it starts to become obvious that perhaps you were onto something all along - They abuse you.

When they start to realise maybe they should have taken your free and impartial advice - They abuse you.

When it becomes very clear that you were spot on in the first place - They abuse you.

When you point out that all along you have simply been the messenger and you are not to blame for this mess - They abuse you.

HOLA4412
When you warned complete strangers, to simply help them, of what was about to happen - They abused you.

When it starts to become obvious that perhaps you were onto something all along - They abuse you.

When they start to realise maybe they should have taken your free and impartial advice - They abuse you.

When it becomes very clear that you were spot on in the first place - They abuse you.

When you point out that all along you have simply been the messenger and you are not to blame for this mess - They abuse you.

That is very true! If only someone had told me this two year ago i wouldn't have had to put up with that hateful look from family members as they have to reduce their sale price month by month.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Actually most people say "You saw this coming" to me.

"Well it was obvious" is my usual reply. (Thanks to Fred Harrison and http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk more like) ;)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
  • 3 months later...
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest mattsta1964

All posters on HPC are tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist nutcases with extreme right wing dispositions

They should listen the the BBC and shut the fekk up

The economy is sound

The government will never allow another boom and bust in the housing market

It's different this time

Politicians are honest decent people working every day for their constituents and for an fair and equitable future for all.

Question Time and Any Questions are the best examples of serious topical political debate in the world. The Dimbleby brothers are not shills for the 'liberal' fascist elite.

Gordon Brown is not a nihilistic. sociopathic madman. He is a generous good natured man who cares deeply about the British people. He even has a Union Jack wrapped around a flagpole stuffed up his a$$hole.

HOLA4420
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

99. Although printing money in Germany caused the Weimar collapse and aided the rise of Hitler, and printing money in Zimbabwe destroyed the economy, causing starvation and widespread cholera, printing money is exactly the right course for Britain.

(Because (all together now: "Its Different This Time." )

HOLA4424

Time to buy calendar:

1996-A bad time to buy

1997-A bad time to buy

1998-A bad time to buy

1999-A bad time to buy

2000-An OK time to buy

2001-An OK time to buy

2002-A great time to buy

2003-A great time to buy

2004-A great time to buy

2005-A superb time to buy

2006-A fantastic time to buy

2007-The optimum time to buy

2008-A fantastic time to buy

2009-A superb time to buy

2010-An OK time to buy

2011-An OK time to buy

2012-A bad time to buy

HOLA4425

3.14159:

Bubbles are a very bad thing when other people are profiting. When I'm in a position to profit, I will do so regardless of the potential societal effects for others and irrespective of how I said I would behave, and how others should behave, when I didn't have the money to invest.