• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
"Bulgarian House For Sale, Bulgaria".

Sorry if it's confusing.

STTAB is on form today !

I see another of the unsolds is in "The Bar". I drove past this the other day and see that there is an NHS Walk-In Centre being put in to the block. Does this mean living the "24-7/City Living" dream now involves walking past drunks who have walked into bus-shelters coming out of nightclubs and druggies who are waiting to get their needles exchanged? Not quite the exclusive ground-floor gym/restaurant that one was expecting. I'd be down the sales office asking for a refund.

HOLA444
I see another of the unsolds is in "The Bar". I drove past this the other day and see that there is an NHS Walk-In Centre being put in to the block. Does this mean living the "24-7/City Living" dream now involves walking past drunks who have walked into bus-shelters coming out of nightclubs and druggies who are waiting to get their needles exchanged? Not quite the exclusive ground-floor gym/restaurant that one was expecting. I'd be down the sales office asking for a refund.

No, because "living the 24-7/city living dream" elsewhere in NE1 and having put it to the test recently, I can tell you it closes at 7.

The "drunks" and "druggies" one associates with "walking into bus-shelters" have to head to their more familiar territory of the General Hospital, unless they have the decency to do it during office hours.

HOLA445
No, because "living the 24-7/city living dream" elsewhere in NE1 and having put it to the test recently, I can tell you it closes at 7.

The "drunks" and "druggies" one associates with "walking into bus-shelters" have to head to their more familiar territory of the General Hospital, unless they have the decency to do it during office hours.

It's seems a number of those "luxury" apartments have been marked in big red banners as SOLD for years now :huh:

There's also a big gaping hole in the building on the side facing Scotswood Road. Has that always been there? It's looks like the developer ran out of funds and couldn't afford to complete the wall :blink:

edit: I see 23 of these apartments are currently up for sale on Pattison's

http://www.extate.co.uk/buy?q=st.+james+ga...tyne&page=1

The height of "luxury" for a mere 225K...

lWPP0008902.jpg

lWPP0008905.jpg

Edited by Turnbull2000

HOLA446
HOLA447
Mmm, it seems a lot of people are in "wait and see" mode as it's happening but we're not quite there yet. Also interesting how a) trolls dried up a month or two ago and b ) the main forum consensus seems to have moved forward from if anything might happen to when, and the uber bears have moved from when to how bad.

Latest land reg show newcastle up 0.6 % MOM versus 0.1% for the whole contry 0.4 for tyne & wear & minus 0.5 for durham.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Who in their right mind would pay 180K for this.....

Those are both great and shocking pics Turnbull. I've said it before, the developers/councillors that approved these room sizes should be prosecuted. For years council properties have had minimum size constraints - why not private "luxury appartments"? Even with the furniture squashed over to one side, you can see that every day will involve squeezing past and marking the paint in the lounge and bedroom of these properties. Imagine 4 persons sat at that table or someone over 6" tall in that bed.

Pure greed on the part of the developers - shame on you Persimmons.

HOLA4410
Those are both great and shocking pics Turnbull. I've said it before, the developers/councillors that approved these room sizes should be prosecuted. For years council properties have had minimum size constraints - why not private "luxury appartments"? Even with the furniture squashed over to one side, you can see that every day will involve squeezing past and marking the paint in the lounge and bedroom of these properties. Imagine 4 persons sat at that table or someone over 6" tall in that bed.

Pure greed on the part of the developers - shame on you Persimmons.

I agree, but perhaps we've got it wrong? There is growing demand for short term serviced lets, certainly better than your average hotel bedroom, but certainly would not want to live there!

houseprices.co.uk - The Bar - 28% increase in under 12 months!

housprices.co.uk - The Bar - 26% increase in a little over 12 months!

Perhaps there is some hidden value there!

Edited by neilrich

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
The Bar again.

Who in their right mind would pay 180K for this when you can get a nice 3 bed semi/terrace for a similar price within commuting distance on the Metro :blink:

432399.jpg

432401.jpg

Londoners would probably think this was an absolute bargain since they seem to struggle with the concept that the rest of the country is not on 6 figure salaries and expects a bit of value-for-money...

HOLA4413
Check out the wall heaters :lol: ............... well worth 180K (not)

That was the thing that amazed me the most when I viewed some similar shoe box while visiting the NE last year.

At the time I was there the temp was high, but I have not forgotten those winters.

Could just picture sitting around that welcoming wall heater on a freezing night. :lol:

HOLA4414

It has inevitably perked up the hibernating bears up to see pics like this (see this thread passim), but before we all get carried away gleefully decrying crap pads like those, it's worth remembering that there are plenty of decently sized apartments in better developments for similar dosh. The issue here is not the size of the flat, IMO, but how crackers the buyers were to buy them, apparently oblivious to the availability of much bigger ones in better developments in the same neighbourhood.

HOLA4415
It has inevitably perked up the hibernating bears up to see pics like this (see this thread passim), but before we all get carried away gleefully decrying crap pads like those, it's worth remembering that there are plenty of decently sized apartments in better developments for similar dosh. The issue here is not the size of the flat, IMO, but how crackers the buyers were to buy them, apparently oblivious to the availability of much bigger ones in better developments in the same neighbourhood.

The shoe box I viewed was directly opposite a row large Victorian terraced houses.

Different class - same price.

Theres one born every minute. The salesmen depend on it.

HOLA4416
The Bar again.

Who in their right mind would pay 180K for this when you can get a nice 3 bed semi/terrace for a similar price within commuting distance on the Metro :blink:

<wakes from hibernation>

Feck me. That is hilarious!

The "living" room reminds me of Jonathan Pryce's office in "Brazil".

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Someone I know is watching a top floor apartment on Grainger street, it's part of the block of buildings with the bigg market at the top and the church and yates's down the bottom; it's been on the market a while (in the region of months) and he reckons the price is slowly dropping on that too.

Also, it's "lose" not "loose", that often riles my pedant side.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425