House Price Crash Forum

Newcastle Upon Tyne

neilrich

HOLA441

Well well well, the infamous Blackfriars shoebox is back on/still on the market 18 months after first being reported and still at £75K - it might have been to auction in the meantime - as the post below referred to.

Nice kitchen, looks like you have to approach it side-ways to get in.

I wonder how much this and all the other city apartments will be selling for in a few years.

And they still want £75K !!!!!!

Good to see Neilrich back. Whatever happened to Pacific State, and Turnbull?

Edited by rich1234

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Good to see Neilrich back. Whatever happened to Pacific State, and Turnbull?

Harold Macmillan, was asked by a young journalist after a long dinner what can most easily steer a government off course, he answered "Events, dear boy. Events".

Perhaps they got a life?

db (who is looking for a house, and consequently hasn't got a life :( )

Edited by deeplyblue

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Just been removed. They're onto you Neil :lol:

It's still there, search on rightmove with the postcode NE3 1EB, actually listed twice. Old link being withdrawn more to do with Reed Rains replacing the Halifax on Gosforth High Street.

HOLA447

26th January 2010 Property Auction - Kingston Park Rugby Club

Is anyone going to the first auction of the year? A quick look at the catalogue and I see that two Shotton Collierty properties recently bought in Feb 08 for £37.6K each (but on the same day) are up for sale (lots 9 & 11), starting bid at £30K . They look like ex local authority properties done-up by a developer, not necessarily repos. An £8K loss after two years work and mortgage servicing on each is hardly a killing. Should be an interesting barometer of the climate if they sell.

We're not quite down to "buy a house on your credit card" levels that we saw in 2000, but we're not far off.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Failed to find a buyer at auction? Nothing SOLD in this street since June 2007!! There is one listed on Rightmove, but prices have fallen by £200k :lol: Now listed at £189,950!!

Actually, the original one did sell at auction as went to London and bid on it. I was the underbidder to a telephone bid. Looks like I had a lucky escape!

Do auction prices not show up on the property price websites? Same thing has happened to the Church Avenue property I bid on.

Do you know if this Andrew Craig one is the 2 or 3 story version? The 2 story with the converted lofts are actually quite a lot smaller than the 3 story, as the auction one was, and the picture on rightmove is unclear.

Edit to clarify:

You're correct that it didn't sell at the first auction (guide £230-£250k). It sold at a second one (guide £165k)

http://www.auction.co.uk/residential/LotDetails.asp?A=602&MP=84&ID=602000366&S=G&O=D

Edited by tccambs

HOLA4410

Actually, the original one did sell at auction as went to London and bid on it. I was the underbidder to a telephone bid. Looks like I had a lucky escape!

Do auction prices not show up on the property price websites? Same thing has happened to the Church Avenue property I bid on.

Do you know if this Andrew Craig one is the 2 or 3 story version? The 2 story with the converted lofts are actually quite a lot smaller than the 3 story, as the auction one was, and the picture on rightmove is unclear.

Edit to clarify:

You're correct that it didn't sell at the first auction (guide £230-£250k). It sold at a second one (guide £165k)

http://www.auction.co.uk/residential/LotDetails.asp?A=602&MP=84&ID=602000366&S=G&O=D

How do you know? As we both know, the auctions are a total con, ficticious bids coming from the wall!! Perhaps someone did successfully bid, but that does not mean the SALE completed, might have fallen at one of the next hurdles?

HOLA4411

Here follows a sign of how things have changed, 13 Nelson Avenue, Fawdon(a stones throw from the Northern Rock HQ) - completed July 2007(one month before Northern Rock collapsed) for £125k. It's clearly been flipped, I spotted it on the market last year with Sanderson Young, but can't remember what it started at, however the price was later reduced to £135k and now this week reduced again to offers over £125k.

Sanderson Young

Interesting when you consider the average salary of a Northern Rock employee, I'd guess £12.5k. I'd say in reality this property is worth £50k - £60k tops!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4412

Here's one to keep an eye on in down town Monkseaton village, it's number 7

Biggest (potential) loss I've seen in suburbia

Now on at auction, guide £185k. Based on rental yield you'd be wrong in the head to touch it for any more than £140k.

Couldn't help but notice a repo notice stapled to the front door of the one next door last week too.

HOLA4413
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4414

October 2009, Newcastle property crash continuing! - Rehearsal Rooms, Westgate Road, Newcastle, NE1 4BD

Appartment 2 slides 42% (minus £75K) in just 36 months - that's a £2K capital loss per month before considering monthly mortgage (£178K value) payments etc, etc !!!

One of the (tiny) appartments is currently on the market with Rightmove.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

The main reason no one wants to live there has to be that sheltered accomodation place directly opposite for scallies. There's always groups of charvers hanging around outside, drinking on the city walls and music blasting from the rooms above. Coupled with the noise from the Bodega and Tilleys (not knocking them, good pubs) and it would hardly be peaceful living, even for a city centre.

Edited by StuM82

HOLA4417

The main reason no one wants to live there has to be that sheltered accomodation place directly opposite for scallies. There's always groups of charvers hanging around outside, drinking on the city walls and music blasting from the rooms above. Coupled with the noise from the Bodega and Tilleys (not knocking them, good pubs) and it would hardly be peaceful living, even for a city centre.

Man do those charvas go at it on and around the city wall. I would not live within a mile of the chav home opposite the bodega. Nightmare!

Phoney

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Yes, but this is a better link for assessing sentiment as it ALSO shows those lots that did NOT sell.

Northeast property auctions website results (aka pattinsons)

However, none of these are as good as they were last year when you could click each lot and go to the details with house numbers.

HOLA4423

Apologies to those who don't like Great North Park discussion, but this is entertaining...

1 19/12/2008 £275,000 Semi F No 4, Blenkinsop Mews, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 5RN

2 25/09/2003 £262,500 Semi F Yes 4, Blenkinsop Mews, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 5RN

Having previously SOLD only 10 weeks ago, unbelievable, this is now listed at Savills auction in Leeds with a guide of £200k-£225k.

That's a potential £75k loss in only the past ten weeks!! :lol: So much for the spring bounce!!

Savills Auction Leeds

Also being marketed through Rook Matthews Sayer at £249K.

What has happened here?

UPDATE

29/05/2009 £205,000 Semi 4, Blenkinsop Mews, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 5RN

19/12/2008 £275,000 Semi 4, Blenkinsop Mews, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 5RN

25/09/2003 £262,500 Semi 4, Blenkinsop Mews, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 5RN

Edited by neilrich

HOLA4424

The Pattinson auction results for January, February and March do suggest that 37 LOTS have SOLD on Alwin Close, this is quite remarkable when you consider there is on only 23 houses on the street, four of which SOLD in the summer of 2008!!

But wait a minute... this gets better still, I've just checked the forthcoming auction and they've 5 LOTS listed for Alwin Close!! :lol::lol::lol: I'm sure that Pattinson have made an honest mistake, I'm not trying to suggest they're a bunch of F**king liars!!

I gave up on the Pattinson auctions after posting the above, their houses are generally sh*te, and the results are simply boll*cks!! In my opinion.

HOLA4425

I was just checking the mood in the office visavi what people will vote. It seems people are actually going to vote for labour. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise. I dont have the historical baggage of experiencing the cuts in the 80s so I guess it's different for me, even though I am not even allowed to vote :)

Actually scaring me slightly that people are so stuck in their ways they can't see how far down the p00-tube we will be.

Rant over.

I've stopped looking at property now actually.