neilrich

HOLA441
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Hello everyone, this is my first post, but I have been lurking for a while...

Anyway,

300k for a 2 bed flat in Gosforth:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-824...pa_n=3&tr_t=buy

Absolute bargain! :lol:

Those views of the moor certainly command a premium. And it just shows how wrong I can be, for years I thought it was just a huge field with some mangy cows grazing on it!

This one is still For Sale, a different estate agent, the price has been reduced by £20k!

Albany Mews - Jan Forster Estates

Edited by neilrich

HOLA444

On the dole

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/evening...-name_page.html

same old, same old in the north east

so how come house prices are booming?

He said the Government needs to appoint a minister for regeneration to make sure areas like the North East can enjoy continuous employment and stable jobs.

translated to mean...

we need another focus group.. to work out how the taxpayers of the south east can further bankroll the basket case which is the north east of england... :lol:

Edited by how much...?? you must be joking

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

In my original post (dated 11 May) above about 'The Bar' I mention the banner that says 'Selling Fast'!!! I've now found the development on nethouseprices.com, you need to enter 'Scotswood Road' for the street, this reveals that on the 11 May NO SALES had been COMPLETED!!! As of the 30 July they had only managed to complete on THREE!

The NEW theory goes like this, I now believe that pattinson.co.uk are working with Persimmon Homes, perhaps Persimmon have transfered 20+ apartments to another division within the company and placed these FOR SALE with Pattinson's and NOT through the show apartment/Persimmon Sales office. This would mean that the LARGE OVERSIZED SOLD Banners are nothing more than a clever marketing ploy!

Anyone with any thoughts or comments? Something is up, it just does not add up.

UPDATE - The Bar

Persimmon Homes are now offering a £20,000 discount, stamp duty paid and £500 towards legal fees!! *Terms and Conditions apply.

At least one is up for auction, again, in the Pattinson Auction at the end of the month.

nethouseprices.com list sales completed to the end of September 2005 as being the grand total of 10! Only another 130+ to go! :lol:

Persimmon are still advertising the development as 'Selling Fast'! This seems misleading!

Edited by neilrich

HOLA448

There are 20 'The Bar' properties up for sale at Pattinsons alone.

Of which:

Price (K) - Bedrooms - Floor

250 - 2 - 9

250 - 2 - 8

249 - 2 - 9

240 - 2 - 8

231 - 2 - 7

225 - 2 - 9

220 - 2 - 4

216 - 2 - 3

215 - 2 - 4

215 - 2 - 5

215 - 2 - 10

210 - 2 - 2

210 - 2 - 5

205 - 1 - 8

180 - 2 - 5

180 - 1 - 7

175 - 2 - 2

160 - 1 - 3

155 - 1 - 3

130 - 2 - 4 (This one has been in the last couple of auctions, unsold - I wonder what makes this 2 bedroom flat £30K cheaper than the 1 bedroom flat on the floor below it?)

HOLA449
HOLA4410

There are 20 'The Bar' properties up for sale at Pattinsons alone.

Of which:

Price (K) - Bedrooms - Floor

250 - 2 - 9

250 - 2 - 8

249 - 2 - 9

240 - 2 - 8

231 - 2 - 7

225 - 2 - 9

220 - 2 - 4

216 - 2 - 3

215 - 2 - 4

215 - 2 - 5

215 - 2 - 10

210 - 2 - 2

210 - 2 - 5

205 - 1 - 8

180 - 2 - 5

180 - 1 - 7

175 - 2 - 2

160 - 1 - 3

155 - 1 - 3

130 - 2 - 4 (This one has been in the last couple of auctions, unsold - I wonder what makes this 2 bedroom flat £30K cheaper than the 1 bedroom flat on the floor below it?)

So what is going on here? Only 10 sales listed as completed to the end of September and yet one local estate agent have 20 listed For Sale, not to mention the oversized SOLD signs draped across the balconies of this development! Has anyone actually purchased one of these to be their home, or is it all speculators and buy to let?

ps. Don't forget the developer is now offering a £20,000 discount on these!

Edited by neilrich

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Yesterday the 'Newcastle upon Tyne' thread on this forum was running at 17 pages long with over 320 replies, Today this reduced to just 312 replies on only 16 pages! What's going on? Has someone been deleting our informative posts from our fabulous forum? :angry:

HOLA4413

Yesterday the 'Newcastle upon Tyne' thread on this forum was running at 17 pages long with over 320 replies, Today this reduced to just 312 replies on only 16 pages! What's going on? Has someone been deleting our informative posts from our fabulous forum? :angry:

Apollo 1966 was banned from posting and all his posts have been deleted.

One of the moderators likes to give abuse but can't take it :angry:

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Reading the homemaker at the weekend and a few things of interest…

The first was full 4 page spread by “Your Move” of bargain houses, people wanting to complete before Christmas. Most offering £500/1000 cash back or stamp duty paid if you meet the full asking price! A few with a “New Price” tag, not “Reduced Price” you understand just a “New Price” which happened to be lower.

There was a note to readers from Sarah Mains (I think) warning the days of buying a house, slapping up some wall paper and selling for 50 grand profit are now gone. She didn’t use those exact words but that was gist of the note.

The section of new build homes was full of 20 grand discounts, all fees paid, carpets and white goods thrown in. Builders must be really struggling to get shot of their overpriced shoe boxes.

There appears to be a new (new to me at least) regular housing auction:

http://www.auctionsnortheast.co.uk/

Looks to be different group of houses/estate agents to the Keith Pattinson auctions.

Finally a new website being advertised called Launch Pad Homes it has a number of properties available which you can rent for a year with the option to buy. If you decide to buy after the year they take the rent you have paid as the deposit on the house.

http://www.launchpadhomes.co.uk/

The whole concept was new to me so I’m not sure what the pitfalls/benefits are.

HOLA4416

There appears to be a new (new to me at least) regular housing auction:

http://www.auctionsnortheast.co.uk/

Looks to be different group of houses/estate agents to the Keith Pattinson auctions.

Some classy stuff there. Those "investor" specials look to be a challenge.

And the garages appear to have been set alight. Just the place to park the Beemer. :D

HOLA4417

One to watch!

25a Princes Road, Gosforth - Small two bedroom flat above a parade of shops (includes a Kerbab Shop) on Brunton Park.

kc32fro.jpg

This is being marketed for a whopping £155k!! nethouseprices.com would suggest that 25 Princes Road previously SOLD 19/12/2002 for £27k, however 25 Princes Road would appear to be a shop! :blink:

Madness! Plenty of fools still out there who may see this as an investment opportunity.

Estate Agent Link - 25 Princes Road, Gosforth

Edited by neilrich

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

One to watch!

25 Princes Road, Gosforth - Small two bedroom flat above a parade of shops (includes a Kerbab Shop) on Brunton Park.

kc32fro.jpg

This is being marketed for a whopping £155k!! nethouseprices.com shows that 25 Princes Road previously SOLD 19/12/2002 for £27k!!

Madness! Plenty of fools still out there who may see this as an investment opportunity, you would have to pay me to live in it!

Estate Agent Link - 25 Princes Road, Gosforth

I'm working overseas at the minute, looking at this flat and yesterday's Chronicle (via icnewcastle) on the amount of Cocaine abuse in Newcastle's bars makes me think some of these EA's have been snorting too much of the white stuff while posing in their naff suits in fashion victim establishments like "The Apartment"!!!!!! :lol::D

Edited by kevino

HOLA4420

Launchpad appears to be a good idea although I would stress anybody using it should weigh up the pro's and cons first. The rents appear to be about 20% higher (rough guestimate so you'd need to check). This means if you don't buy then you've forked out over the market rate (this is becuase they are making less of a profit than if you were to buy).

If you do decide to buy then you will get a higer discount BUT the discount (12 * monthly rent) will by about 5% of asking price. In todays market I think if you look around and haggle you can get higher than this and you have a larger range to choose from.

If you want to try an area before moving in then as long as you rent a property for about about £550 (for a £150,000 house) then your not losing out because £550 is what you would be paying in interest on a 100% morgage.

I would'nt discount the scheme entirely though, if you do fall in love with one of there houses it's worth taking it for a tester first.

The figures here are generalised but they do get the general concepts over. If you are thinking of using launchpad's service, my advice - get a calculator out go through the figures. This will allow you a more balanced view of your options. They may be the best option, they may not be. Either way for a life investment make sure your armed with the facts.

FH

Launchpad , Launchpad, Launch pad, northeast, north-east newcastle, sunderland, letting buy

Edited by flash harry

HOLA4421

Hello everyone, this is my first post, but I have been lurking for a while...

Anyway,

300k for a 2 bed flat in Gosforth:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-824...pa_n=3&tr_t=buy

Absolute bargain! :lol:

Those views of the moor certainly command a premium. And it just shows how wrong I can be, for years I thought it was just a huge field with some mangy cows grazing on it!

Remember this?

Now 280k plus stamp duty paid. Is that 2%? I can't remember...

Anyway, still massively overpriced.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-824...pa_n=4&tr_t=buy

HOLA4422

Remember this?

Now 280k plus stamp duty paid. Is that 2%? I can't remember...

Anyway, still massively overpriced.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-824...pa_n=4&tr_t=buy

Pattinson Estate Agents are also marketing a 2 bedroom first floor appartment on Albany Mews same as Jan's with views over the Town Moor, only thing is, it's nearly half the price of Jan's!! The price with Pattinson is £159,950!! I may have to go check this one out to confirm that we are comparing like for like.

Pattinson.co.uk - Albany Mews - 2 Bedroom First Floor Apartment with views over the Town Moor

Edited by neilrich

HOLA4423

jesus christ, thats insane money jesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane moneyjesus christ, thats insane money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o:o:o:o

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Seems like some things never change in the North East. Long term unemployment is as strong as ever: -

125,000 Are Choosing Unemployment

Strengthens the argument for BTL being a safe bet!

I live in a "nice street" near Ilford Road metro. When I first moved in a couple of years ago there were no "To Let" signs anywere in the street, I only got the place because I know the landlord.

Now there are 9 To Let signs within about 15 doors of me. Some of which have been up 6 months or more.

And just take a look at the glut of 2/3 bed flats and so-called luxury apartments for sale and rent around central Newcastle.

Something has got to give. Let the BTLs beware.

SpoonUnit