House Price Crash Forum

John Humpries Beats Up Gordon

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On reflection, I would suggest that when a serving Prime Minister is torn apart on National radio the game is up.

Yeah, I thought that too. When the degradation he has forced on us comes back to him via al Jabeeba the political stage is definitely revolving.

Guest pioneer31
This classic of nonsense from the snotgobbler, quoted in the Mail and the Times: "I think what is important is that I get on with the job and my job is not to be sidetracked by books."

Needless to say, he's too busy cooking them to be sidetracked by them.

And I'm nauseated by hearing his constantly repeated references to what HE thinks is important. We, the voting public, may well have our own ideas about what is important, and in a democratic society we would get a chance to make our views known. Broon's legacy will be seen as one thing only - a cancelled election.

Labour cliche, straight from the NuLieBour cabinet phrasebook - all ministers carry it.

"get on with the job"

"business as usual"

"what the people of this country want is......."

We don't want you to get on with the job, in the same way we didn't want Harold Shipman to!

I guess he'll go on for at least a good few months.....and destroy his health in the proccess.

He looks very pasty and saggy round his (considerable) jowls in photos today. Is he going for enough healthy long walks? Maybe he should go for a stroll down Oxford Street.

I guess he'll go on for at least a good few months.....and destroy his health in the proccess.

Bugger, I placed a Bet with Betfair a few months ago that he would be gone by the end of the 2nd Q. Its looking like no one in NuLabour is yet ready to push him out. DC would like him to remain in power until the next compulsory GE or risk being elected while the worst of the crash is occurring.

The by-election may be the final Straw, so to speak. However, its not looking like anyone has the Balls to suggest he steps down. So far Brown has set his face like Flint against the brewing storm. Despite that, I think he is headed for an early (Mc)Fall. I"ll get my hat AND coat................................

Bugger, I placed a Bet with Betfair a few months ago that he would be gone by the end of the 2nd Q. Its looking like no one in NuLabour is yet ready to push him out. DC would like him to remain in power until the next compulsory GE or risk being elected while the worst of the crash is occurring.

The by-election may be the final Straw, so to speak. However, its not looking like anyone has the Balls to suggest he steps down. So far Brown has set his face like Flint against the brewing storm. Despite that, I think he is headed for an early (Mc)Fall. I"ll get my hat AND coat................................

He's got no-one to turn to. Do you think he secretly goes and visits a Harman?

Gordon's running out of programmes to appear on.

Everyone is savaging him.

Perhaps Andrew Marr and Ant 'n' Dec are the only ones left.

There is one more critic he could face, the dreaded Cowell. It might go something like this:

"I thought your performance as Chancellor was like some dreadful karaoke mess, completely off pitch, disconnected with the audience with no chance of going on to the next round."

Bugger, I placed a Bet with Betfair a few months ago that he would be gone by the end of the 2nd Q. Its looking like no one in NuLabour is yet ready to push him out.

Although I have made no bet, I have told lots of people that he would be gone by July. The problem is, who is there to replace him?

He could have come over a lot better if he just answered questions with yes or nos.

So it was a mistake Prime Minister to abolish the 10p tax band?

Yes. But we listen to the people and took immediate steps to sort it out.

Actual Answer.

Well we had already helped pensioners ages 62-65 and we then decided to help some other people some more.

So it was a mistake?

Well after the pensioners we helped, there were other people who would pay more tax who needed help.

Its just utter BS. To the point where I dont want to hear the answers he has to give as they just have no truth in them at all.

John Humphries is not very bright, but thinks he is. I much prefer Evan Davies - people confuse aggression and feigned anger with genuinely challenging arguments.

Anyone who heard Dawkins argue with Humphries would have heard him shown up for the shallow idiot he is.

In this interview, Brown seeks to justify his initial 2007 budget decision (scrapping the 10p band) on the grounds of 'tax simplification'. Humphrys (on two occasions by my reckoning) misunderstands Brown's point and thinks that he's justifying this week's announcement on that basis.

Dawkins is a legend.

A slight chink in Dawkins' armour is that in his zeal to support almost any movement against muslim excesses and despotic belief systems, he has, along with Christopher Hitchens, failed to adequately address the inconsistencies in many US and UK foreign policy initiatives regarding oil, terrorism and the growth of illegal measures against perceived terrorists. And that is why Hitchens in particular is tolerated by the US establishment. He is a thorn in their side regarding everything else, but in essence he has vigorously supported the Bush foreign policy which at its core promotes torture, invasion, violence and international bullying. His stance was comprehensively obliterated by George Galloway in a head to head debate widely televised.

I agree with earlier posts alluding to Humphries' hysterical approach and lack of calm. If he left more space for answers his victims would be free to condemn themselves without his assistance. In short, Humphries needs to learn when to shut up and when to speak. In 30 years of broadcasting he has never learned this simple fact. On the other hand I suppose we must be at least grateful that occasionally journalists do not allow ministers to get away with outrageous and untrue statements without challenge.

Chomsky has often said that Western journalism gives the impression that searching questions are being asked, and debate is encouraged, but that those debates are based on limited areas and other basic false assumptions which are themselves never challenged, and that the apparent "in-depth" interview is a smoke screen and obfuscation of more pressing and fundamental issues which are never discussed. Two good examples: The whole housing discussion on all broadcast media proceeds upon the myth that there is a housing shortage. This fundamental un-truth effectively undermines all following discussions. Another example: The discussions about property always move from a standpoint that a reduction in the value of housing is a national disaster, whereas, in the long term, just like any other goods and services, it would be arguably beneficial if housing was taken out of the investment arena and was simply another inexpensive and accessible asset.

A 300% gain over a decade is hardly dented by a 2% fall. Yet the press reaction is literally hysterical. Where in ANY news report have you read the view that a fall should be the subject of great celebration? The answer is nowhere. And that is because, as Chomsky's model suggests, an apparently lively but limited discussion is taking place, and all based on fundamental assumptions which are never challenged. It is for this reason that it is extremely unlikely for the current pattern of housing boom and bust, peaks and troughs, will ever cease.

VP

Edited by VacantPossession
A slight chink in Dawkins' armour is that in his zeal to support almost any movement against muslim excesses and despotic belief systems, he has, along with Christopher Hitchens, failed to adequately address the inconsistencies in many US and UK foreign policy initiatives regarding oil, terrorism and the growth of illegal measures against perceived terrorists.

You are totally wrong about Dawkins. He has been an implacable, committed and far-sighted opponent of Bush's foreign policy and the 'war on terror', right from the outset:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/mar/22/iraq.usa

In this interview, Brown seeks to justify his initial 2007 budget decision (scrapping the 10p band) on the grounds of 'tax simplification'. Humphrys (on two occasions by my reckoning) misunderstands Brown's point and thinks that he's justifying this week's announcement on that basis.

There was certainly some confusion on this point. But if Humphrys misunderstood Brown it is certainly forgiveable given the sheer volume of bullsh!t coming from the snotgobbler.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
ixd15big.jpg

You gotta larf aintcha?

Edited to add: there's a couple of good avatars there for anyone who is short of one!!

The Importance of 10p.

A bloke is walking down a street one day, hard on his luck, BTL empire in tatters, barely owns the shirt on his back, wife and kids have left and moved in with the gold broker next door to where he used to live.

Suddenly, off in the distance he spots a sign, '10p to success'

He walks up to the sign and sees an arrow pointing left down a sidestreet.

In his pocket is the last of his money in the entire World, 10p.

So he follows the direction on the sign down a gloomy sidestreet, stepping over litter.

On the wall at the end of the street is a graffito, '10p to success', with an arrow pointing upwards.

He struggles up over the wall and drops down into a back yard, a disused rotary washing line holds an old pair of sun faded Y-fronts, and ahead of him is an old fire escape staircase with a sticker on the handrail, '10p to success', arrow pointing up the stairs.

He climbs the stairs, convincing himself that it is his lucky day, and life is about to get back on track.

At the top of the stairs is a blue fire door, some paint peeling off.

A cardboard sign sellotaped to the frosted glass in the door, '10p to success. Enter'

Full of trepidation, he opens the door and enters a shabby room.

In the corner is a fat unkempt midget on a chaise long, covered with a stained velvet drape.

"Uh. I followed the signs, I'd like to pay my 10p. Can you you show me the way to success"

The midget slips down the drape to reveal himself, naked.

"Hi. I'm Cess."

There is one more critic he could face, the dreaded Cowell. It might go something like this:

"I thought your performance as Chancellor was like some dreadful karaoke mess, completely off pitch, disconnected with the audience with no chance of going on to the next round."

:lol::lol:

"You were lacklustre, not convincing, and more at home performing on a Butlins holiday camp, than the national stage."

Yes, I knew you had a bet on but I think you're cutting it a bit fine. I hope you win as I'm never against people taking money from bookies but on the other hand, I don't think I could endue the dreadful crowing. I guess you got good odds a few months ago?

I see your posts are still casually littered with sexual references...from the very first word (I can't repeat it) and also...balls, like flint,straw .(presumebly something to do with deflowering under-age farm girls) Now that this site has become main-stream you should consider cleaning up your act.

"Maybe it's time for you to think about stepping aside"

If you missed this you must listen again, it's a non-stop attack.

Yeah, step aside and give someone else the PM.

Anyone starting to think that the PM-ship.

Beat they stilol won't let us vote for however replaces him.

Waht we need a good old fahioned riot in london.

Takes me back.

You are totally wrong about Dawkins. He has been an implacable, committed and far-sighted opponent of Bush's foreign policy and the 'war on terror', right from the outset:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/mar/22/iraq.usa

Hang on. I didn't say Dawkins was a supporter of Bush's policy on IRAQ or on other matters, I said: "he has, along with Christopher Hitchens, failed to adequately address the inconsistencies in many US and UK foreign policy initiatives" and by that I mean that the pair of them seem to be unwilling to be drawn on, for example, the many odd things surrounding 9/11, the Pentagon attack and many other events about which they seem to accept the official storyline almost without question, against mounting evidence that something fishy is going on. I concede though, that it is Hitchens more than Dawkins who, in his enthusiasm to stand up to cruelty masquerading as religion, often conveniently allies himself with some pretty nasty foreign and internal policy exacted by both the UK and the US governments in the name of "anti-terrorism".

VP