House Price Crash Forum

Anti-english Attacks Kick-off In Pembrokeshire And Powys, Wales

I think they mean Meibion Glyndwr (not Glyndr) -

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/wales-...91466-20891198/

Could we see return of cottage-burning group?

May 11 2008 by Tim Lewis, Wales On Sunday

THEY caused havoc across Wales for more than a decade, but only one man was ever convicted of their crimes.

In a campaign of arson lasting for more than 10 years Meibion Glyndr – the “Sons of Glyndr” – targeted the second homes in rural Wales belonging to people living in England.

The last attack was in the mid-1990s but many Welsh speakers continue to have difficulty finding homes in their own communities and the question is being raised – are we seeing a resurgence of Meibion Glyndr?

In April the Pembrokeshire stables of a Cardiff-born husband and wife were vandalised apparently in a case of mistaken identity by people who thought the couple were English.

The sick criminals even targeted one of the horses – slashing its nose.

Elsewhere, police in Mid Wales were called in to investigate more anti-English vandalism, this time on a housing estate in Newtown.

Graffiti slogans exclaiming “Meibion Glyndr”, “Wales 4 the Welsh” and “Welsh homes 4 Welsh people!”, started to appear on the Vaynor housing estate in a campaign stretching over a number of months. And quick look through social networking site MySpace reveals a Meibion Glyndr page with friends including the “Free Wales Army” and “Welsh Nationalists”. It has been viewed by more than 1,500 people.

Last week, again in Pembrokeshire, but this time in Narberth, Meibion Glyndr symbols were sprayed in huge writing onto the walls of the graveyard.

They were accompanied by a big slogan declaring “Troi Nol Saes” meaning “Turn Back English” in white letters.

A nearby car had also had its bonnet ruined with the same logo bearing the initials M and G.

Edited by gruffydd
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they mean Meibion Glyndwr (not Glyndr) -

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/wales-...91466-20891198/

Could we see return of cottage-burning group?

May 11 2008 by Tim Lewis, Wales On Sunday

THEY caused havoc across Wales for more than a decade, but only one man was ever convicted of their crimes.

In a campaign of arson lasting for more than 10 years Meibion Glyndr – the “Sons of Glyndr” – targeted the second homes in rural Wales belonging to people living in England.

The last attack was in the mid-1990s but many Welsh speakers continue to have difficulty finding homes in their own communities and the question is being raised – are we seeing a resurgence of Meibion Glyndr?

In April the Pembrokeshire stables of a Cardiff-born husband and wife were vandalised apparently in a case of mistaken identity by people who thought the couple were English.

The sick criminals even targeted one of the horses – slashing its nose.

Elsewhere, police in Mid Wales were called in to investigate more anti-English vandalism, this time on a housing estate in Newtown.

Graffiti slogans exclaiming “Meibion Glyndr”, “Wales 4 the Welsh” and “Welsh homes 4 Welsh people!”, started to appear on the Vaynor housing estate in a campaign stretching over a number of months. And quick look through social networking site MySpace reveals a Meibion Glyndr page with friends including the “Free Wales Army” and “Welsh Nationalists”. It has been viewed by more than 1,500 people.

Last week, again in Pembrokeshire, but this time in Narberth, Meibion Glyndr symbols were sprayed in huge writing onto the walls of the graveyard.

They were accompanied by a big slogan declaring “Troi Nol Saes” meaning “Turn Back English” in white letters.

A nearby car had also had its bonnet ruined with the same logo bearing the initials M and G.

I think it would be a far more effective campaign if they wrote the slogans in English... The first rule of war, know your enemy. In this case the English, as a whole, can't speak or read a bleeding word of Welsh. I amost crashed the car once trying to work out what "ARAF" meant, it was spelt in big white letters right across the middle of the road. :blink:

If only they'd realise that there's plenty of English people who are evil inbred thugs just like them... then maybe, just maybe they'd all be able to get along and concentrate on the important things in life, like overseas football hooliganism and leaving steamers and vomit in spanish hotel beds.

I doubt that there are many loaded city bankers with second homes in council estates in Newtown.......

All the Welsh Nats I know are now millionaires having ridden the gravy train of Welsh Language QUANGOs since the 1980s. Most of them have several homes in Wales and usually at least one overseas. Entire families have made very nice lifestyles out of working for the Welsh Language Meedja. About a billion pounds has been spent on it, there is nothing to show for it and the Welsh Language TV Channel looks as if it is about to go out of business now.

I think it was the veteran BBC Journo Vincent Kane who once remarked that the only shortage in the Welsh language were Welsh speaking waiters to service all the Welsh speakers working in Cardiff and making fortunes out of the Welsh Meedja.

I therefore doubt very much whether there will ever be an resurgence of the boys and girls burning houses as virtually every Welsh speaker I know is very well set up indeed!

We're all British, for goodness' sake! All this nationalism will end in tears for everyone - just look at what happened in Northern Ireland or Yugoslavia.

Regional autonomy, or devolution, is fine, but whether we're English, Scottish, Welsh or Cornish, we're primarily British.

I metion Cornish because there has been Cornish 'natrionalist' movement that is more about Cornwall not being part of England - they accept it's part of Britain, or UK. But apparently there has never been any decree or act of union making Cornwall part of England, so.........

Mate... Butlins Minehead adults only weekend in nov/dec.

You'll be up more than Ystrad Mynach.

ST

So it was you was it ? my bum is still sore. What a night that was . BTW is Minehead part of wales in the winter season?

I think it was the veteran BBC Journo Vincent Kane

One of the best.

Thxs for mentioning him MT.

I remember him shredding a so called Welsh Nationalist.

Is he still around? -- If so, let him loose on Gordo & Co.

If only they'd realise that there's plenty of English people who are evil inbred thugs just like them... then maybe, just maybe they'd all be able to get along and concentrate on the important things in life, like overseas football hooliganism and leaving steamers and vomit in spanish hotel beds.

Nice one!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Lets think - slashing a horse because its owners happen to be English ...

Yes, I reckon vicious yobs just about sums it up.

Actually i remember a welsh person at work telling me about this and it turned out the owners weren't even english, they were from south wales (chipland i think)

One of the best.

Thxs for mentioning him MT.

I remember him shredding a so called Welsh Nationalist.

Is he still around? -- If so, let him loose on Gordo & Co.

Nah, he retired several years ago. Some say he was pushed out by the Welsh Nats but that is only hearsay. He was the only Welsh journo who stood up for the 90% of Welsh people who speak no Welsh.

...actually closer to 80%. i.e. the attempt to stamp out Welsh is not doing as well as you think.

anyway the problem is wider as we all know. lots of young people can't afford to live where they were brought up. I'm from semi-rural Wales and my wife is from a coastal resort in Devon and both our childhood villages are waaay beyond our means.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have a signature yet

...actually closer to 80%. i.e. the attempt to stamp out Welsh is not doing as well as you think.

anyway the problem is wider as we all know. lots of young people can't afford to live where they were brought up. I'm from semi-rural Wales and my wife is from a coastal resort in Devon and both our childhood villages are waaay beyond our means.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have a signature yet

Hi Gusset, welcome to HPC (I hope they're clean?)

What you speak of applies to a lot of people here, Wales is not alone in suffering this problem.

p.s. Why not try to get a picture of a pair of red Y-fronts, you're coming across as being Irish with green one's

I'm from semi-rural Wales and my wife is from a coastal resort in Devon and both our childhood villages are waaay beyond our means.

What's needed would be a house price crash.

Won't see one of those though ... houses only ever go UP in value!