• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Highest price any house in that road has sold for was £356 in 2007 peak crazy mania times.

Looks like the stupid as dogshit EA has done the classic "peak plus 20%" as a starter for ten.

I can almost guarantee this house will stay on the market for the next year, maybe dropping the odd 10k here and there :lol:

HOLA446
HOLA447

Wig, indeed. Thing is, for that sort of price you could buy a really nice place in a neigbouring village with 4-5 bedrooms and a lot of land for a similar price.

The house is in Lakeside...people do want to pay a premium for 30's built houses against the 80's or later developments...so I'm not surprised its on for more than 250...415 is ridiculous, though...

Its on with Henry George - who are often...generous in their initial valuations. Thus they have cornered a chunk of the market in lakeside/lawn/broome manor/old town (especially the downsizers who dont "need" to sell). Their playbook goes like this...

1) Offer Highest valuation:

2) Put house on at laughable price after getting instruction:

3) After 4/6 weeks: push to reduce by 20K (or 10% seems to be another route)

4) keep pushing

then either

a) House sells to other person who is selling with Henry George...3 months passes and Chain falls over...

B) House goes dual agency or moves to other agent.

I've noticed that there has been a pretty broad cut of 10-20K off asking prices around that area though - the 2007+ asking prices have faded away, and we seem to be heading back towards mid-2008 asking. Stuff isn't shifting above 200...

HOLA448

The house is in Lakeside...people do want to pay a premium for 30's built houses against the 80's or later developments...so I'm not surprised its on for more than 250...415 is ridiculous, though...

Its on with Henry George - who are often...generous in their initial valuations. Thus they have cornered a chunk of the market in lakeside/lawn/broome manor/old town (especially the downsizers who dont "need" to sell). Their playbook goes like this...

1) Offer Highest valuation:

2) Put house on at laughable price after getting instruction:

3) After 4/6 weeks: push to reduce by 20K (or 10% seems to be another route)

4) keep pushing

then either

a) House sells to other person who is selling with Henry George...3 months passes and Chain falls over...

B) House goes dual agency or moves to other agent.

I've noticed that there has been a pretty broad cut of 10-20K off asking prices around that area though - the 2007+ asking prices have faded away, and we seem to be heading back towards mid-2008 asking. Stuff isn't shifting above 200...

Looks like they've pulled it from the market!

HOLA449

I've looked at a couple of places recently, with a view to buying in the town centre.

Most of it is still woefully overpriced, but there are now a few well placed 3 beds with nice gardens around 125k.

These were going for about 160k at peak.

Some people are listing 3 beds in old town above 200k :lol:

HOLA4410

Wig, indeed. Thing is, for that sort of price you could buy a really nice place in a neigbouring village with 4-5 bedrooms and a lot of land for a similar price.

Hi, I can talk to you in private please? Is regarding a property in Cirencester.

Take care

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
  • 4 months later...
HOLA4413
  • 4 months later...
HOLA4414

Interesting price history on this 3 bed terrace in the town centre that sold recently.

27 Apr 2012 Terraced, Freehold £117,500 Land Registry

20 Jul 2007 Terraced, Freehold £140,000 Land Registry

22 Jul 2003 Terraced, Freehold £122,000 Land Registry

31 Jul 2001 Terraced, Freehold £80,000 Land Registry

HOLA4415

Interesting price history on this 3 bed terrace in the town centre that sold recently.

27 Apr 2012 Terraced, Freehold £117,500 Land Registry

20 Jul 2007 Terraced, Freehold £140,000 Land Registry

22 Jul 2003 Terraced, Freehold £122,000 Land Registry

31 Jul 2001 Terraced, Freehold £80,000 Land Registry

2001 to 2003 wow a lot can happen in 2 years!

2012 to 2014 we might be down another £40,000 ?

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA4416

Flats in Oakhurst with no onward chain / mortgagee in possession appear to be selling at between 50% and 60% of original sale prices. A two bed flat for 75k to 80k which might attract a rental of 5k to 6k pa would seem to be a reasonable proposition.

Any views?

HOLA4417

Flats in Oakhurst with no onward chain / mortgagee in possession appear to be selling at between 50% and 60% of original sale prices. A two bed flat for 75k to 80k which might attract a rental of 5k to 6k pa would seem to be a reasonable proposition.

Any views?

10% is the benchmark yield, I believe, or used to be.

Lots of hidden costs in letting.

You need to insure against getting a bad tenant, for a start.

That said, interest rates are v. low.

• 4 months later...
HOLA4418

Well, here we are fellow Swindon peeps. 2013! Happy new Year,

Are we where we thought we would be regarding house prices? My personal situation has improved abit. so i am hoping 2013 is a good time to buy.