House Price Crash Forum

More Mainstream Evidence - On Radio 2

Terry Wogan just read out a message sent in by a construction worker in Scotland. He is being laid off in 6 weeks because 'no-one is buying the houses we're building'.

He (the correspondent) said he was thinking of heading to Poland to look for work as 'I hear they have a shortage of skilled workers over there!'

It's all grist to the mill.

This must have been Scotland, Texas. It surely can't have been that bit of land above England he was talking about, as they are immune*.

(* = especially Edinburgh) :lol:

Quite, someone somewhere has not been reading the script have they?

Scotland is special and therefore there is no chance of any price falls here - Hadrians Wall may be crumbling but it still retains its power.

This must have been Scotland, Texas. It surely can't have been that bit of land above England he was talking about, as they are immune*.

(* = especially Edinburgh) :lol:

Must of been a hoax caller, best ignore it and get my Edinburgh property revalued again to see if I can afford that Alaskan Cruise.

you probably don't hear about it down south, but there have been a constant stream of redundancies up here.

Goldfish, HSBC, JVC, and a host of retail, distribution companies and even a tweed mill have all announced closures/redundancies in recent weeks.

varies from 10s to 100s each time, but a steady stream nonetheless.

I expect this will translate into falling house prices in a few months time, as the redundancies feed through to the mortgage market.

Edited by marzipan
Guest An Bearin Bui
Terry Wogan just read out a message sent in by a construction worker in Scotland. He is being laid off in 6 weeks because 'no-one is buying the houses we're building'.

He (the correspondent) said he was thinking of heading to Poland to look for work as 'I hear they have a shortage of skilled workers over there!'

It's all grist to the mill.

Somebody track that builder down and silence him :ph34r: :angry:

Everyone knows that Scotland is immune to 'softening prices': there has never been a house price crash in Scotland so there never will be, there has never been a house price crash in Scotland so there never will be, there has never.... etc etc ad infinitum....