House Price Crash Forum

Sound Control Big Uk Music Shop Goes Bust.

Wow, I just bough a nice Ramirez R1 classical guitar from the Birmingham branch only last week.

Nice guitar, would recommend it. Action was a bit high but the guitar tech next to the job did a nice setup and it plays like a dream.

Wonder if they had a going bust sale before they closed down.

Edited by werewolves
So no change for drummers then :lol:

Watch it!

I had an email from Roland about this shop - it is an interesting sign I have to say.

Still - I had my first guitar lesson last week - learnt the chord of 'E'. This week I learnt ' G'. Rang teacher said couldn't make next week - I've got a gig!

Drummers joke..

Watch it!

I had an email from Roland about this shop - it is an interesting sign I have to say.

Still - I had my first guitar lesson last week - learnt the chord of 'E'. This week I learnt ' G'. Rang teacher said couldn't make next week - I've got a gig!

Drummers joke..

Heres another.

Whats the difference between a drummer and a drum machine?

Ill let you answer......

I heard about this a few days ago and I wasn't overly surprised, I expect a few more retailers of the same style to go over the next year or so.

The only downside for me is that they are the only distributor for Bose Professional products through their two brands, Sound Control/Turnkey and I wanted to place an order. I'm sure they would love the money now... :blink:

Guess I'll have to wait for Bose to sort out a new distributor...:(

Unfortunately online retail is killing most of these shops.

Just the tip of the iceberg as far as retail is concerned, online shops don't have to pay increasingly-expensive business rates, or employ staff who often do very little all day. How many people do you know who decide what to buy by looking in 'real' shops but then buy online - or just buy online without even looking in a real shop? Most retail businesses are just box-shifters anyway, it's becoming increasingly difficult to justify higher prices in exchange for 'service'. How many people these days drive into a petrol station and still expect someone to fill their tank and check their oil for them? :ph34r:

Just the tip of the iceberg as far as retail is concerned, online shops don't have to pay increasingly-expensive business rates, or employ staff who often do very little all day. How many people do you know who decide what to buy by looking in 'real' shops but then buy online - or just buy online without even looking in a real shop? Most retail businesses are just box-shifters anyway, it's becoming increasingly difficult to justify higher prices in exchange for 'service'. How many people these days drive into a petrol station and still expect someone to fill their tank and check their oil for them? :ph34r:

agree. Normally I go in a shop, see the stuff and then order online.

Couldn't do it with a guitar though. I think many fellow musicians will agree when I say that you have to "feel" that the instrument's right before you pick it up. A guitar is not a TV. Regardless of how industrialised and standardised the manufacturing is, they're all different, and the one you try in the shop is never like the one you buy online. even the same spec guitar.