House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gasket37

Interest Rate Decision On 08.05.08

discuss :unsure:

I have doubts about the next rate cut. Listening to Brown on the Andrew Marr show this morning he clearly said low inflation and that's why I/we/puppets can cut interest rates.

There might be one more quarter-point cut, then interest rates will start moving sharply upwards- I expect about 8% this time next year.

One would like to think Bank of England is independent. But this did cross my mind.

On the Andrew Marr's show, he once again stated "that inflation was low so we could cut interest rates".

I think Brown will go all out to please the electorate, AT ANY EXPENCE

There might be one more quarter-point cut, then interest rates will start moving sharply upwards- I expect about 8% this time next year.

:lol:

If they were sane, yes.

Cuts, cuts and more cuts and when that doesn't work, giving it away by the barrowful.

:lol:

If they were sane, yes.

Cuts, cuts and more cuts and when that doesn't work, giving it away by the barrowful.

Its not going to happen. Thats why Merv and Gieve have both been out saying everything is a bed of roses. Blanchflower, the f*Ckwit, wants a cut, well he can F*Ck off back to the states and see what rate cuts have done for there.

One would like to think Bank of England is independent. But this did cross my mind.

On the Andrew Marr's show, he once again stated "that inflation was low so we could cut interest rates".

I think Brown will go all out to please the electorate, AT ANY EXPENCE

It is incredible that Brown can sit there and on the one hand say he understands people struggling with their household budgets (because everything is going up) and then can say we have low inflation so lets cut interests rates to drive up inflation more. The sooner the British public wake up from their slumber the better. What a mess.

Given the inflation figures, the speeched by MPC members, the decline in sterling, the behaviour of Mervyn, and the recent starting of the SLS, I don't think there is any way that the BoE can cut rates any time soon.

The more Brown looks as though he is trying to pressure the BoE, the more any sign of weakness by the BoE will lead to a decline in sterling, increasing inflationary pressured.

Any cut in rates soon will be read as a sign of fear and weakness, so I think base-rates will stay where they are for some time.

I have doubts about the next rate cut. Listening to Brown on the Andrew Marr show this morning he clearly said low inflation and that's why I/we/puppets can cut interest rates.

Very dangerous to cut interest rates, taking into account that inflation in the real world, as apposed to Labour world is alot higher than 3%. . . . . .

Ah f**k it, lets do it anyway, things can't get much worse, can they?!!

Knowing whats in the inflation pipeline, a cut might come sooner.

If inflation >3% then would find it very hard to justify.

Inflation is alot more than 3% at the moment, you ask my wallet!

Capital Economics reckons the actual rate of inflation for much of the country is almost 6% while the Bank of England's own inflation survey showed people think inflation is running at 3.2%.

Inflation is alot more than 3% at the moment, you ask my wallet!

You're not wrong there. Bread went up from 118 to 135.

nearly 15%.

If you were stood near me in the supermarket and were upset by my language then I'm sorry!!

Just on Sky he told Adam Bolton that we were importing inflation from China and stagflation from America. Not his fault mate :blink:

Well, it's worked so well in the USA to stimulate their housing market, eh?

I have a song by the Vapours in my head at the moment and can't quite remember the title, anyone care to help?

It is incredible that Brown can sit there and on the one hand say he understands people struggling with their household budgets (because everything is going up) and then can say we have low inflation so lets cut interests rates to drive up inflation more. The sooner the British public wake up from their slumber the better. What a mess.

If it's not on Coronation Street then the public are not interested, the average jo lives in complete ignorance.

Guest pioneer31
If it's not on Coronation Street then the public are not interested, the average jo lives in complete ignorance.

Dear the person who writes Corrie scripts,

Please can you insert this line into the next episode of (to be read by Fred Elliott)

"Betty's hotpots have doubled in a week Ashley, I say doubled Ashley!!!

Yours.

Pi31.