House Price Crash Forum

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump

Just to hit the 2k. :D

Well on a serious note I am being showered with goods by BT just to get me to to commit to an 12/18 month contract, my contract expired in May 2003.

Why not I said to myself the offer seemed reasonable.

1. A free Canon all in printer and scanner.

2. A free wireless hub with an internet phone and softphone giving me free calls after 6pm weekdays and all weekend.

3. a reduction of £4 a month in charges which have not changed since 2002.

Then give us the money back and we will upgrade you to Broadband Anywhere, a free HTC phone with 50 minutes talk time and 50 texts a month and switch over to wireless and hey presto it becomes an internet phone.

Yes BT you can have me for 18 months, I need you more than you need me. :D

What great toys for the boys.

Well I believe BT is going to get very nasty with their competitors who have been undercutting them and using their cabling system.

The battle is about to commence and the casualties will be terrible as we enter the coming serious recession, oh dear where are you CTT, how interestng it all could become.

BTW sod the Olympics, just a robot opening ceremony, all programmed as in Mao`s time.

Thank the creator who ever he/she is ( must be PC correct ) who made me a free thinker.

Just an add on, The Olympics here in 2012 will be a financial disaster and Londoners will pay in their Council Tax dearly for the privilege of having the games on that great dust heap, Stratford and Hackney. :rolleyes:

Well on a serious note I am being showered with goods by BT just to get me to to commit to an 12/18 month contract, my contract expired in May 2003.

Why not I said to myself the offer seemed reasonable.

1. A free Canon all in printer and scanner.

2. A free wireless hub with an internet phone and softphone giving me free calls after 6pm weekdays and all weekend.

3. a reduction of £4 a month in charges which have not changed since 2002.

Then give us the money back and we will upgrade you to Broadband Anywhere, a free HTC phone with 50 minutes talk time and 50 texts a month and switch over to wireless and hey presto it becomes an internet phone.

Yes BT you can have me for 18 months, I need you more than you need me. :D

I'm with Virgin Media. Pity me. :(

I'm with Virgin Media. Pity me. :(

Forgot to add unlimited use of their Open Zone with reasonable usage and unlimited minutes on the Fon Community.

Open Zone and the Fon Community is expanding both in the UK and Worldwide.

I was in Southend on Sea last Friday, switched the HTC to wireless and 10 yards from a BT payphone made a 30 minute free call to home. :)

The City of Westminister is completely BT Open Zone, I would hazard a guess that thousands are banging away on their laptops.

There`s Spring Cleaning, Summer Cleaning, Autumn Cleaning, and Winter Cleaning, but the best cleaning of all is that done by a new very stiff broom. :lol:

How appropriate that a User`s display name can project his personality. :rolleyes:

Stoat (if that is even your real name) why are you so cryptic?

For what its worth, if you use the "view new posts" link this thread pops up whenever you mumble to yourself and I just can't help myself and have to look so 2000+ views doesn't surprise me. We're expecting a juicy flame war but are sorely dissappointed each time.

I must be naive as I don't usually think those "should I buy now" posts are trolls, just people who are new and actually think this place is helpful a la MSE. Big hugs and positive words all round. How wrong they are.

Edited by daiking
How appropriate that a User`s display name can project his personality. :rolleyes:
You may not get it but Bruce does. :lol:

To be fair, the poster being referred to has always been a bit small beer on here for the most part, so it's no surprise that daiking may interpret our remarks as being a bit cryptic, I think most posters would say "Bubble who"?

I must be naive as I don't usually think those "should I buy now" posts are trolls, just people who are new and actually think this place is helpful a la MSE. Big hugs and positive words all round. How wrong they are.

Nor do I in most cases but the trolls use these posts to sneak in. Just notice the same posters who quickly attach to these posts as if they are in communication what they should go for and not forgetting the fantasists, a few are even given hero status.

Been a lurker here since 2004 and seen it all. ;)

You too have noticed the Double Agents and Fifth Columnists, the FBI and CIA would be proud of them. :D

My posts are now being deleted :unsure:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=84314

It's true, there is censorship on this board. My posts keep getting deleted.

If you want to know when Financial Planner sold to rent, do a search for posts by Financial Planner including text "2002".

STR'd in late 2002 as the talk was all about moving in on Iraq.

Since then houe went up about 5-10% - I am not in the slightest bothered by that as we made 100% on the original 1994 purchase.

Just remember in London - and most of the SE, prices are net unchanged (or lower) than Jan 2003: OVER 2 YEARS AGO! :D National averages are meaningless as Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are showing 30-50% +ve last year - all down to stupid BTLers and clever EAs and developers. Business is business even though 10s of 000s will lose their shirt - a similar title to a proposition I put forward at a formal debate last year in my local community. The fact I was resoundly outvoted simply confirmed even more strongly my belief. The voters were mainly retirees who are the principal recipients of the boom.

Bring it on! :D

Another, perfectly reasonable and polite post deleted this morning. I made a copy.

I agree. It is unlikely that someone who bought property in 2005 will be in a happy position given the current (and likely future) state of the market. I would not be surprised to see prices fall to below 2000, or even 1999 figures.

My reason for posting the links to past posts made by FP (three of which were deleted by the moderators) was that I think that when FP STRed is part of his CV as the forum spokesman and anyway it was a matter of record, already in the public domain. I do not think that the fact he sold in the summer of 2002 in any way detracts from his opinions now though, it's just better to be open about these things.

I hope you don't mind me quoting your post. If you do, just report this post to the moderators and they will delete it for you :unsure:.

Anything I post in a public forum is fair game IMO. Perhaps a certain individual is starting to believe those misguided reports that it was he who founded this forum.

We love you.

You are the greatest.

I want your babies.

The hero of HPC.

Although you are two faced.

Who? :P

A thin-skinned humourless [email protected]?

Have you noticed the increase in Trolls and Trolling.

These days they appears with squeaky clean credentials, some are here for a silly sense of revenge as their heroes lose the Podium and the others are immature prats. :)

It's just too easy for posters to re-register with a new name, and no-one can see through their disguise.

Something should be done about it.

It's just too easy for posters to re-register with a new name, and no-one can see through their disguise.

Something should be done about it.

The new Dad`s Army are reporting for duty and what a smart lot they are on Parade.

Uttley Buttley, you can`t tell it from real butter. :D