House Price Crash Forum

• HIPs being blamed for the slump?

• Abbey's 5x mortgage advert?

• People queueing up to buy houses?

• Grinning idiots in their early 20s saying they wanted to "get into property"?

• The spring bounce?

• Kirstie Allsop?

Not to worry, once the tunnel rail link is complete, houses will quadruple in value even if you're living in Glasgow, didn't

you know. I must say, the Daily Express have gone rather quiet of late.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HIPS did so much damage to the forever onward & upward housing 'market' that the great saviour Coogan of the CML demanded IR cuts.

Who could possibly disagree with him? :blink::blink:

It all seems such a long time ago .............. sigh

Edited by Laura
I think it is time for a HIP replacement....

Coogan has donated his!

& any other bits that might be finally put to good use elsewhere <_<

He's a bit on the slippery side, so please be quick before my foot slips from his throat.

The boy is still my 'favourite'.............. I know you can tell :)

Fionualalala Earley on the Today Programme saying those magic words in her dulcit tones "strong fundamentals".

I dare her to do it this month; go on Fi, GO ON!

no, she was refering to the terrorist doomsters on this site- the "strong fundamentalists"

Im going to shoot her with me greens

• 2 weeks later...
Where are all the bulls?

Where did they all go? :P

Where have all the bulls gone?

Long time passing

Long time ago

Bears have debunked them every one

When will they ever learn?

When will they ever learn?

Talking of missing bulls - does anyone else miss the days before the HPC? I found this site a few years ago, when the Foxtons whistleblower programme was aired. In those days it seemed like a jolly knockabout between bears and bulls and there was a serious debate about the issue - some of the bulls were even quite convincing.

Now the debate is over, house prices are falling and the only debate is about how far they'll go. A lot of the discussions are effectively reduced to jerking off over the latest bit of gloomy economic news.

• HIPs being blamed for the slump?

• Abbey's 5x mortgage advert?

• People queueing up to buy houses?

• Grinning idiots in their early 20s saying they wanted to "get into property"?

• The spring bounce?

• Kirstie Allsop?

and sealed bids?

only a year ago people were queuing up to view and hand in immediate sealed bids.

How on earth must the winners of those competitions feel now?

Well Kirsty was on just last night, with her side-kick Phil of course. Astonishingly, they appeared to be using some of the programme time for VI political campaigning (on stamp duty). They were putting forward their own proposals for restructuring stamp duty, and tried to phone the chancellor at one point (unsuccessfully).

How on earth was this allowed?

Well Kirsty was on just last night, with her side-kick Phil of course. Astonishingly, they appeared to be using some of the programme time for VI political campaigning (on stamp duty). They were putting forward their own proposals for restructuring stamp duty, and tried to phone the chancellor at one point (unsuccessfully).

How on earth was this allowed?

Given that Krusty is formally appointed as an advisor to the Conservative party, this would appear to be a straightforward breach of political broadcasting regulations.

<<Given that Krusty is formally appointed as an advisor to the Conservative party, this would appear to be a straightforward breach of political broadcasting regulations. >>

Did you see it? I personally don't know how they got away with it. I'm sure at one point they were asking viewers to sign up on their website to "join their campaign" on stamp duty?

<<Given that Krusty is formally appointed as an advisor to the Conservative party, this would appear to be a straightforward breach of political broadcasting regulations. >>

Did you see it? I personally don't know how they got away with it. I'm sure at one point they were asking viewers to sign up on their website to "join their campaign" on stamp duty?

I hope their lobby is successful and they get the stamp duty changes they desire and then we can all sit back and watch house prices still crash. What is the stupid bint going to blame then?

no, she was refering to the terrorist doomsters on this site- the "strong fundamentalists"

Im going to shoot her with me greens

That got me to thinking really, how long could you fire an artillery peice targetting Number 10 Downing Street from say 2-3 miles away before the police or army could figure out where it was coming from? In the army they use Shoot & Scoot tacts, but if you could locate in an old warehouse with the roof gone and had some sort of automatic magazine loading devise you could probably flatten the whole of Downing street. But with inflation as it is and the exchange rate i doubt anyone could afford one. What we need are some physchopathic Artillery officers from the countries army to restore order through the surgical removal of both Downing Street and Parliament. Just like we restored order in Iraq. A few civilian casulaties will be a small price to pay, as long as its not me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Oo, oo, this is like a HPC version of those 'whatever happened to spangles' tedious studenty comedians....

Anyway, whatever happened to:

• 20 credit card offers clogging up the letterbox every morning
  • 'Become a property miwwionaire' leaflets ditto
  • Glossy EA property rags
  • Adverts with that Spanish property developer saying 'make chure ju pay for jore property a gud pryys'
  • Russian oligarchs buying up prime London
  • 'UK population set to soar to x billion by 200X' headlines in the paper
  • Global warming/climate change
  • Humvees
  • Stretch limos with chavs screaming from them