House Price Crash Forum

Ni Houses At Or Below Rateable Value

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uploaded a Firefox Greasemonkey script to userscripts for property news that adds a button on the left column to look up the rateable value and another to link to the search result without having to do to the search manually. Only works with a full postcode and house number available and is likely a bit broken but might be of use to someone else: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/91406

Uploaded a Firefox Greasemonkey script to userscripts for property news that adds a button on the left column to look up the rateable value and another to link to the search result without having to do to the search manually. Only works with a full postcode and house number available and is likely a bit broken but might be of use to someone else: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/91406

Could be useful mate, but us non-IT-geeks need a bit of spoon feeding. I just get the script text when I click on install, is there something else to do?

Could be useful mate, but us non-IT-geeks need a bit of spoon feeding. I just get the script text when I click on install, is there something else to do?

Ewps, you need to install the Firefox Greasemonkey add on first https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748/. After that, clicking on install in the original link will install it in for you. Greasemonkey will add a small monkey icon at the bottom right of the status bar that you can click to turn Greasemonkey on and off in its entirety, or right click to manage settings or delete scripts you have installed.

It's a handy add on and if you look on userscripts.org you might find scripts to enhance other web sites you use. This one could be a lot nicer but it does the job.

Edited by ratatat

Ewps, you need to install the Firefox Greasemonkey add on first https://addons.mozil...efox/addon/748/. After that, clicking on install in the original link will install it in for you. Greasemonkey will add a small monkey icon at the bottom right of the status bar that you can click to turn Greasemonkey on and off in its entirety, or right click to manage settings or delete scripts you have installed.

It's a handy add on and if you look on userscripts.org you might find scripts to enhance other web sites you use. This one could be a lot nicer but it does the job.

thanks for that ratatat, i needed the spoon feed too, will try that later!

That looks like a repo due to the air freshener over the fireplace and sticker on the cast iron fire surround. Its no bad thing as these cheap houses coming onto the market will lower expectations of neighbouring sellers. I heard that next year the repos are going to be coming onto the market at greater numbers than the past 22 years, which if true will have a major impact on property prices across the UK. Time will tell.

http://www.propertypal.com/37-milebush-road-dromore/118593

£140k offer on what looks like a repo.

RV £265k

We looked at this house a month ago and it looked good enough, went today for an internal viewing and we were handed the keys and told to look away ourselfs. What a mess it was, seems to have been broken into and wrecked, most windows had been broken before they were boarded up. Should have brought a torch. Wonder will the £140k offer be withdrawn due to the state of it now? Most we would offer is £120k

• 1 month later...

Nothing to do with RV but not worthly of it own thread.

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r=1&c=711&s=98762106&i=1&p=PNC531972&fp=1&sort=added Check that with property bee.

Went from £119,950, POA, been sale agreed and for sale again a few times, so what do you do ? Surely after the last time it fell through the wise thing to do is shove the price up to £149,950 ! That'll have it shifted in no time at all ! Fixed price aswell of course.

Edited by Mark206000

OK, so I've just bought! A property I'm very happy with and one I never thought I'd be able to afford! I agree totally that the properties that are selling are doing so at around 2004 prices!

I'd like to thank everyone for all the great advice - if only more people has stumbled across this forum in 06/07 - we would all be better off!

OK, so I've just bought! A property I'm very happy with and one I never thought I'd be able to afford! I agree totally that the properties that are selling are doing so at around 2004 prices!

I'd like to thank everyone for all the great advice - if only more people has stumbled across this forum in 06/07 - we would all be better off!

Well Done. Hope you have many happy years.

Just in the process of buying a place myself.

I'll be getting it for around one third of peak prices.

Gross Rental yield is over 10% and I'm very pleased.

Sorry for turning into an Alan Brookesque BTL scumbag - but the price is so low (repossession) that it would be stupid not to take the bait and buy.

Just in the process of buying a place myself.

I'll be getting it for around one third of peak prices.

Gross Rental yield is over 10% and I'm very pleased.

Sorry for turning into an Alan Brookesque BTL scumbag - but the price is so low (repossession) that it would be stupid not to take the bait and buy.

Could someone direct me to the House Price Crash website please? I must be in the wrong place. :P

If members of HPC are starting to buy, it must be the bottom of the market.

Belfastboy where are you? Come quick and stop this madness! :wacko:

Could someone direct me to the House Price Crash website please? I must be in the wrong place. :P

If members of HPC are starting to buy, it must be the bottom of the market.

Belfastboy where are you? Come quick and stop this madness! :wacko:

well it may be 10% gross, but one needs to consider a, further capital depreciation, and b more importantly rent reductions against rising interest rates. I honestly can see lots of young singles moving back home. Rents will become under pressure and voids will increase. As BTLs get less picky about who they will take on, they will get undesirable tenants that may reck the place or scarper to england and leave debts behind. Ive several data points that suggest this. Chances are he'll be earning his money. I would be very careful about the BTL market in NI going forward. Its going to be a bad scene over the next few years.