House Price Crash Forum

Alistair Darling Is Preparing To Announce An Unprecedented £50bn Bailout Of Britain's Banking System

HOLA441

Anyone else find this headline (much repeated in versions in the press) repulsive?

Alistair Darling plans unprecedented £50bn bank bailout

Times Online - 49 minutes ago

Alistair Darling is preparing to announce an unprecedented £50bn bailout of Britain's banking system in an effort to save the housing market from collapse <_<

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle3783516.ece

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
yep, misleading and repulsive in equal measures <_<

yep- i definitley find it repulsive- the ******* are going to do everything they can to prop the housing market and ensure more people are upto their eyeballs in debt- i seriously hope that the criminals running the show get everything that comes their way- they can rot in hell for all i care- after all they couldnt give a rats **** about me.

:angry:

HOLA445

Anyone else find this headline (much repeated in versions in the press) repulsive?

Whilst there is a good case for bailing out the banks, I most strongly object to the bailing out of the banks directors and their appalling greed.

The bailout should be on the condition that all the directors give personal guarantees for the loans, just like the banks require directors of small and medium size limited companies. That there is a limit on salaries and bonuses to a maximum of £100k per year and that all share options are abandonned. That there are no further payment of dividends until the Bof E loans are repaid. That a realistic rate of interest is charged cf to credit card interest. That the banks are required to make rights issues in amounts determined by the B of E.

HOLA446

I think the correct headline should read " Bail out to ensure Labour poll success " for that is surely the only aim worth this absurd state intervention in the market.

Laissez faire allows a restoration of equilibrium and economics related to true income. To prevent this natural mechanism is as stupid as it's criminal since no one will win save the banks who will be assured of a return on their money so profligately lent on the pyramid property scam.

Stagnation is bound to follow but at a level that will further imprison people already crippled by debt and will probably lure others into the trap desparate not to lose out on a subsidised con.

Let them die the natural way so that the next crop may be that bit stronger.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
love the image, narco. :lol: .

big ben... surely it should be a mushroom cloud or something... who would be on the reverse?? helicopter darling??

LOL The back will have this printed on it.

it's contained

ivy-mike-mushroom-cloud.jpg

Edited by narco

HOLA4414

Alistair Darling is preparing to announce an unprecedented £50bn bailout of Britain's banking system in an effort to save the housing market from collapse <_<

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle3783516.ece

Truly repulsive. It's a shame (for badger) that it won't work :-)

HOLA4415
I find it misleading. Surely it should read "in an effort to save the banking system from collapse"?

Yes I agree, I too find it is totally misleading, and very annoying.

But I guess he thinks it sounds better to the average voter, if they are led to believe his bailout is being done to help keep the price of their houses nice and high, and help make mortgages more available to them, rather than just helping the banks.

HOLA4416

This has nothing to do with "saving the housing market" though it is being spun as such by government and their shills in the media. This £50 billion, and whatever comes thereafter, is to enable the big banks to get the required capital back on their balance sheets and to survive the coming downturn gobbling up a few of the small fry along the way.

The UK housing market is toast for the next few years at least. No amount of spin from Brown, Darling, and their cronies is going to save it now, though a few mugs may fall for their nonsense in the short term.