House Price Crash Forum

Maidstone, Kent

HOLA441

sold in August 2006 for £210,000 with 20% discount at £178,500, this 2-bed flat was sold for £135,000 at the Barnard Marcus auction on 17th April, 2008.

The flat is on the Bryant Homes development called Delta Riverside, see blog, where flats are still available for £285,000 . . .

HOLA442
sold in August 2006 for £210,000 with 20% discount at £178,500, this 2-bed flat was sold for £135,000 at the Barnard Marcus auction on 17th April, 2008.

The flat is on the Bryant Homes development called Delta Riverside, see blog, where flats are still available for £285,000 . . .

Forgive nosy q, but how did you know about the discount? Did you know the vendor/EA/developer's salesperson? I'd love to know the actual net sold prices on a certain newbuild development near me but they never show up on nethouseprices. BTW does anyone know why developers are allowed to get away with distorting (or falsifying) sold prices like this? Anything being done to stop it?

HOLA443
Forgive nosy q, but how did you know about the discount? Did you know the vendor/EA/developer's salesperson? I'd love to know the actual net sold prices on a certain newbuild development near me but they never show up on nethouseprices. BTW does anyone know why developers are allowed to get away with distorting (or falsifying) sold prices like this? Anything being done to stop it?

I knew someone who bought a Maidstone riverside 2 bed luxury executive apartment for 11x his salary.

Not sure which development, but I went there once and it was shít.

Next to a piss-stinking carpark and lots of carpet shops.

Bank of mommy and daddy got stung.

HOLA444
I knew someone who bought a Maidstone riverside 2 bed luxury executive apartment for 11x his salary.

Not sure which development, but I went there once and it was shít.

Next to a piss-stinking carpark and lots of carpet shops.

Bank of mommy and daddy got stung.

But dont you know: Theres now a quicker commute into london thru ebbsfleet, and you can get in there in !45! minutes, rather than 59!

that must be worth at least another 100K on prices... :blink:

HOLA445
HOLA446

Sorry, I don't know have any insider information and whether this was a discount,

but the HousePrices.co.uk lists 2 prices for the same date....the lower price being approx 20% less than the higher. That looks like a discount.

But it's just a guess.

HOLA447
But dont you know: Theres now a quicker commute into london thru ebbsfleet, and you can get in there in !45! minutes, rather than 59!

that must be worth at least another 100K on prices... :blink:

Not till next year there isn't. That said, there definitely appears to be an Ebbsfleet effect on local property prices with Swanscombe and Northfleet prices holding up better than those in Dartford and Gravesend as far as I can tell.