HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Bump.

So, is this or isn't this significant? The thread seems to have sunk quickly down the listings. Can someone who knows what they're talking about dimiss this news or confirm whether we are going to see something interesting on the LIBOR rate tomorrow morning?

HOLA4410
Bump.

So, is this or isn't this significant? The thread seems to have sunk quickly down the listings. Can someone who knows what they're talking about dimiss this news or confirm whether we are going to see something interesting on the LIBOR rate tomorrow morning?

How would anyone know?

It goes up, it goes down..now we all know it might be because lies. Can't be trusted, what happens when it can't be trusted?

Now..if it was me I would pull everything out even vaguely associated asap if I could. Wouldn't you?

HOLA4411
Bump.

The timing of the BOE decision is significant in this. If LIBOR had shot up tmmrw as a result of this, UKPLC would have been Fooked.

Tomorrow I feel is D-Day in our war. Tomorrow COULD be very very similar to Black wednesday, as the moves they are making could shake confidence if dodgy dealings have been going on...

HOLA4412
So, is this or isn't this significant?

Perhaps this explains the very high standard variable rates being set on mortgages recently.

I thought the high rates were blatant profiteering by the bank milking cash out of high LTV customers who cannot shift to another bank after a reset. But if that hidden 0.3% on Libor is true, then prevailing mortgage rates are a more reasonable reflection of true inter bank rates.

HOLA4413
How would anyone know?

It goes up, it goes down..now we all know it might be because lies. Can't be trusted, what happens when it can't be trusted?

Now..if it was me I would pull everything out even vaguely associated asap if I could. Wouldn't you?

Seems like only 3 of us are vaguely interested in this out of 800+ folk on this forum. Hmmm, I feel HPC has gained a very different population, somewhat less well-versed in economics, recently.

Oh well, I suppose it's another indicator that we're in the next phase of the cycle.

HOLA4414
Seems like only 3 of us are vaguely interested in this out of 800+ folk on this forum. Hmmm, I feel HPC has gained a very different population, somewhat less well-versed in economics, recently.

Oh well, I suppose it's another indicator that we're in the next phase of the cycle.

You could try adding keywords for the new guys?

Twelve foot tall lizard men - global conspiracy - banking overlords!

Well, you never know....

HOLA4415

TBH mate I'm kinda overdosed on any finance related news atm, just catching up whilst watching the latest bunch of unemployable psycopaths get their 'big chance' on the apprentice, its like a slightly up market Jeremy Kyle show isn't it? Not that I'd watch that :unsure: ...this Simon is a whopper, useless tart, deffo not management

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I agree. I pop over to that place where goldfinger is now. I predicted that this would happen over there.

Still come here now and again though.

HOLA4418
TBH mate I'm kinda overdosed on any finance related news atm, just catching up whilst watching the latest bunch of unemployable psycopaths get their 'big chance' on the apprentice, its like a slightly up market Jeremy Kyle show isn't it? Not that I'd watch that :unsure: ...this Simon is a whopper, useless tart, deffo not management

Sorry to interject but it's superb isn't it. The products of a new labour society and debt consumerism, trying to flog crappy photos to half-wit consumer zombies wandering around some mega-shopping complex hell in Essex, whilst some dickh*ad bbc commentator makes out how dynamic and wonderful it is. It's the uk for the last 10 years summed up in 60 minutes of crap bbc tv :lol:

HOLA4419
Bump.

We are led to believe that they won't lend to each other. How would they know? It's a bit like asking Gordon what strength spectacle lens prescription he needs for his glass eye.

It seems to be a case of "If we could, what would we expect to pay?"

p-o-p

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Sorry to interject but it's superb isn't it. The products of a new labour society and debt consumerism, trying to flog crappy photos to half-wit consumer zombies wandering around some mega-shopping complex hell in Essex, whilst some dickh*ad bbc commentator makes out how dynamic and wonderful it is. It's the uk for the last 10 years summed up in 60 minutes of crap bbc tv :lol:

Well summed up, not sure you'd get the gig doing the write up for the Radio Times though :)

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
So - what IS happening then? Are they manipulating libor down or up?

Seems like down.. when it should have been higher.

The concern: Some banks don't want to report the high rates they're paying for short-term loans because they don't want to tip off the market that they're desperate for cash. The Libor system depends on banks to tell the truth about their borrowing rates. Fibbing by banks could mean that millions of borrowers around the world are paying artificially low rates on their loans. That's good for borrowers, but could be very bad for the banks and other financial institutions that lend to them.

HOLA4424
Guest mattsta1964

Cos i've overdosed on bad news!

Hells bells......the world has gone completely and utterly mad

As if the financial situation isn't bad enough, we have a militarist dictatorship in America about to fire off WW3 and the Trojan Horse of the EU destroying the UK from the inside out.

To say things are depressing are a gross understatement

I feel bloody wretched

HOLA4425

Forgive my complete ignorance around this topic, but why would the banks responsible put their hands up and say "fair cop guv" at allegations of fixing?

If there is manipulation occuring, surely a slow unwinding (coupled with back covering) would be the smart move. Any signals given out could be lost in the background noise.

Then again I may not know what I'm talking about.